Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Olympics. I don't think there's ever been a day in my life when I've woken up and thought "Ooo, we could win a medal in the equestrian event today!" :D

I normally hate the people who watch the Tennis ONLY when Wimbledon rolls around, or suddenly develop a penchant for boxing when a UK title fight comes around.....but I have to say I've enjoyed having the whole family gather round the tv with baited breath watching the pummel horse, or getting nowt done for 3 hours because we want to see every one of the hundreds of KM in the road race.

.....Feel like CT for so enthusiastically dipping my toe into so many new activities.

Watching the Hockey, good to hear Barry Davies again. Wish he still did football.

Not so good listening to that fucking pie band that play at England matches. Arseholes.

His dad was mint. :lol: "Look at my boy, he's beautiful!" and kept catching sight of his own massive belly in the monitors and fluffing his shirt out.

Bert le Cros - what a dude! I wasn't crying until I saw him and his mam lose it and then I was gone :lol:

Highlights of the womens gymnastics on now. I wonder if they'll show our lass who was first on the beam, slipped after she landed a jump and cracked her fanny when she landed legs akimbo on the beam. I said "Ooooffff" out loud when she did it...

What an utterly fantastic bloke Phelps is. Such humility.

. . Then conversely comes Stella talking like she made each garment herself and saved the world by doing some sewing .

Aye came across class in that interview. Just about to retire a multi millionaire at 27 as well. Fair play, the graft he's put in.

Thing is, I was talking to someone about this today - if he's British, I don't know if he'd even try to win 8 golds at one Olympics. It's an American thing to even believe that something like that could be possible.

The way he was with Bert was just sheer class . Genuinely sharing his emotions and in the context of where he 'was at' tonight just takes his greatness to another level for me :)

I know what you're saying with the American optimism, got to be something in it.

His quote on not counting how many medals he has and looking forward to having whatever topping he wants on his sundaes too man !

His bong's gonna take some fuckin hammer too I bet :lol:

Aye came across class in that interview. Just about to retire a multi millionaire at 27 as well. Fair play, the graft he's put in.

Thing is, I was talking to someone about this today - if he's British, I don't know if he'd even try to win 8 golds at one Olympics. It's an American thing to even believe that something like that could be possible.

He'd be happy with a Silver Medal and let the immigrants overtake him for the Gold, make no mistake about it, you left-wing, splishy-splashy buffoon.