Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

You're the naive one wolfy. We already know that there hasn't been enough time for intelligent life to evolve on mars; the window was far too short. Even finding prokaryote type life would be an outstanding achievement which would guarantee our full commitment to reach mars with manned flight; the implication would be beyond profound.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the naive one wolfy. We already know that there hasn't been enough time for intelligent life to evolve on mars; the window was far too short. Even finding prokaryote type life would be an outstanding achievement which would guarantee our full commitment to reach mars with manned flight; the implication would be beyond profound.

Well I could be naive on a lot of things, I don't dispute that but I'm 100% certain in my own mind that I'm not naive where manned space missions are concerned and especially Mars.

We don't know what Mars is like and when I say WE, I mean everyone on this planet because no craft has been there to see it. If you want to believe in rigged up photo's and manipulated video, then be my guest.

Widespread reports of bright lights shooting across the sky last night. Looks like it wasnt a meteor shower.

It says it was a annual meteor shower.

Also N.A.S.A are saying a satellite was due to crash to Earth, hahahaha, I supposed coinciding it with a meteor shower lends credit to their bullshit mind.

• 3 weeks later...

What astounds me is the number of people who actually believe the moon landings were real. I can understand anyone believing it if they had no access to how it was supposedly achieved as they would be going on ' we went to the moon and that's that' bullshit.

Anyone who has seen the contraptions supposedly used to get on and off the moon and still believe it happened are so brainwashed it's just not funny.

Edited by wolfy

• 2 weeks later...

Can't be arsed to start a new thread, and probably no-one would be interested, but there was an excellent documentary on the Voyager space crafts tonight on BBC 4. Well worth watching on iPlayer if these missions captured your imagination as a kid or if you're interested in interplanetary space travel in general. Conspiracy nuts needn't bother themselves naturally. It'll be another 150 years before another planetary grand tour like this will be possible. There's another documentary on stellar evolution on at the same time and place tomorrow for anyone with exceptional nerdy needs. :dunno:

Can't be arsed to start a new thread, and probably no-one would be interested, but there was an excellent documentary on the Voyager space crafts tonight on BBC 4. Well worth watching on iPlayer if these missions captured your imagination as a kid or if you're interested in interplanetary space travel in general. Conspiracy nuts needn't bother themselves naturally. It'll be another 150 years before another planetary grand tour like this will be possible. There's another documentary on stellar evolution on at the same time and place tomorrow for anyone with exceptional nerdy needs. :dunno:

simpsons-nerd.gif

Just watched it, good shout. :good:

Voyager. Hahahahaha.

Seriously , people need to wake up.

Santa was a nice con as kids but this outer space shit borders on the bizarre.

Your own common sense should tell you that we cannot escape this planet.

Edited by wolfy

Voyager. Hahahahaha.

Seriously , people need to wake up.

Santa was a nice con as kids but this outer space shit borders on the bizarre.

Your own common sense should tell you that we cannot escape this planet.

whateverh.gif

Absolutely not.

Let's PRETEND satellites are up there for our dear sky telly..What would be their objective?

The simple answer is... they would merely be an object to catch a signal from Earth and rebound it down to another part of Earth from where the sky broadcasting stations are .

That's all their function would be.

We do all that perfectly well on Earth with transmitters and various other ways, even bouncing signals from the atmosphere and such.

The simple answer is, there are no magical man made chunks of metal whizzing about up- there, unless they are in our atmosphere under propulsion or held up by helium balloons e.t.c. (in my opinion)

Can you explain how I, in Australia can watch a Newcastle United match virtually simultaneously to someone sat in St James' Park more than 10,000 miles away?

Can you explain how I, in Australia can watch a Newcastle United match virtually simultaneously to someone sat in St James' Park more than 10,000 miles away?

A very similar way as to why you could phone me and talk to me if I was stood in St.James'park.

It's simply relays/Transmitters. There is no magic about it apart from the clever technology in the actual makings of the relays and transmitters.

A very similar way as to why you could phone me and talk to me if I was stood in St.James'park.

It's simply relays/Transmitters. There is no magic about it apart from the clever technology in the actual makings of the relays and transmitters.

How exactly is it transmitted?

How exactly is it transmitted?

By simply bouncing the signals off the ionosphere to relays.

Think of it like this.(obviously a rough example)

Imagine you had a super golf ball and you were so accurate, you could bounce that golf ball from one tower to another, sort of like bouncing it forwards down a road.

The height of the bounce we will take as the ionosphere and every time it hits a part of the road, that's another transmitter tower and so on, until it reaches it's destination.

So your transmitter tower in Australia receives it's signal from relays from where you are watching the game from. In this case, Newcastle's game.

Accepting what you have described can you explain the different transmission receivers and why one would be adversely affected by weather (clouds, storms etc) and the other not?

Accepting what you have described can you explain the different transmission receivers and why one would be adversely affected by weather (clouds, storms etc) and the other not?

I think you mean, why is your crude looking roof aerial able to receive clear broadcasts and your satellite (cough) dish causes problems in rainy weather.

Firstly , look at your dish. It has to take a bounced signal onto the dish to hit the receiver, which is on the arm protruding from the dish right?

Ok, when rain hits your dish, the dish gets bombarded with it which distorts the bounced signal, so you end up with a dodgy picture.

On a roof aerial, you don't get this.

Edited by wolfy

In this case why would anyone install a more expensive 'satellite' dish? Or are you saying that there is a different signal source for the dish as opposed to the antenna? If so where is this source coming from?