Guest CabayeAye

Bjork

Foo Fighters

Pearl Jam

and every rapper ever.

Edit: Forgot Aerosmith

Leave Foo Fighters alone, you cunt!!

Floyd

Just never got it/them. Don't doubt they've been important, but they don't do anything for me. People rave about them and I'm like

float-goat.png

Never really liked Elton John but as I've got a bit older and chilled out bit I've come to realise he's even shitter than I originally thought.

:lol: Tumbleweed Connection is good because it sounds nothing like the rest of his stuff. I quite like Madman Across The Water though.

Never really liked Elton John but as I've got a bit older and come out bit I've come to realise he's even sexier than I originally thought.

tumblr_m7py65erBL1qite2x.gif

Never really liked Elton John but as I've got a bit older and chilled out bit I've come to realise he's even shitter than I originally thought.

The fucker should be hanged for "Passengers" alone.

As kids one of me mates dad was 'an older parent' .

He was probs about 60 when we were 14 or so and was a bit mad, in a couldnt give a shit way.

He'd always put his 7" of Passenger on knowing it freaked us all out, mainly to embarrass his son. .

He'd dance about in that side to side wedding disco way just lookin at you all serious :) and try to get us to sing along with the chorus.

After a few of these events we all just joined in singing ,:lol: 'we wanna get on , wanna get on' etc.

Brought back some comedy memories that . Ta !

(There was no sex or nowt involved btw)

Guest CabayeAye

What's the difference between a woman's nipple and a man's cock!

Elton John's baby doesn't know either.

(with many thanks to LTB for his 7" inspiration.)

Wrong in so may ways! :lol:

Most popular does not equal greatest. I can't believe how overrated they actually are - everybody takes to piss out of Starr's drumming and implies the rest of them were technical genuises which is bullshit.

When Jon Lord died a few weeks ago I read a few articles on Deep Purple and clicked on a link to a Rolling Stome crtics list of the top 100 guitarists of all time. They had Richie Blackmore at number 50 and Harrison at number 10 - this is like having a top footballers list and having Shola 40 places above Messi,

I honestly don't see how people rate them so highly - I recognise they were among a number of bands who broke the mould in terms of writing their own songs but are people really telling me that I wanna hold your hand is some kind of musical highpoint? As for the later drug-addled shite they produced - do me a favour. The so called "one of the greatest albums of all time" Sgt Pepers has When I'm 64 on it FFS.

Also one thing about U2 leaving opinions abut music aside, they and other bands like the Stones and The Who did not give up touring at the hight of their popularity - have we ever had a decent explanation for that or was it just cowardice?

They are the ultimate in Emporers new clothes - I'm just glad a few more people now have the guts to point this out.

what a mind blowing load of shite.

I do love the Beatles, but I can certainly see why so many people don't. I think a lot of people (not necessarily the ones saying they don't like them on here) base their opinions on some of their most famous singles, rather than their individual albums.

If you take the time to listen to each of their albums (all are up on youtube in full) in order then you can really appreciate how much they grew and changed as musicians, and there are some real gems among the lesser known stuff.

Saw a good piece of writing that hit the nail on the head once, it said that due to to the saccharine sweet nature of a lot of the most often played Beatles hits and their familiarity, it's hard to hear them without feeling like your listening to a nursery rhyme. You could put Humpty Dumpty between Yellow Submarine and When I'm 64 without it feeling out of place.

I saw a doc once where muso Howard Goodall reckoned the Lennon and McCartney are/were the last great folk songwriters in the traditional English style. He reckoned they almost subconciously heard what was the last knockings of a long musical history and adapted it for a modern ear. He explained it all musically, which was lost on me to say the least, but when you mentioned the nursery rhyme thing it reminded me that beyond all the quavers/semi quavers etc that he may have had a point.

I saw a doc once where muso Howard Goodall reckoned the Lennon and McCartney are/were the last great folk songwriters in the traditional English style. He reckoned they almost subconciously heard what was the last knockings of a long musical history and adapted it for a modern ear. He explained it all musically, which was lost on me to say the least, but when you mentioned the nursery rhyme thing it reminded me that beyond all the quavers/semi quavers etc that he may have had a point.

There's a few people who have tapped in to using nursery rhymes but non so more blatantly than that Goyte tune recently "someone that I used to know" which was basically Ba Ba Little Black Sheep with different words

There's a few people who have tapped in to using nursery rhymes but non so more blatantly than that Goyte tune recently "someone that I used to know" which was basically Ba Ba Little Black Sheep with different words

More or less, Radio 4s statistics podcast, looked at the number of possible intros that there are, given how easy it is to identify some songs from one or two notes....turns out there's more possibilities than there are stars in the sky. :o

Which makes Gotyes theft all the more outrageous ;)

Have never heard that song before (partially because 'Gotye' is too close to Goatse). Just had a listen and you're right.

Now how the hell has a song this poor been viewed over 200 million times on youtube? Methinks me doth smell a marketing rat...

Also listened to that 'Call Me Maybe' song. Wtf? These are two songs I've deliberately avoided until now because I knew they'd be shit, and they're both worse than I imagined.

Very, very strange...

You're fucking dead when my 10 year old birthday girl hears you slag 'call me maybe' off.

:D