Other games

nortoon

Cant help but admire this, after all the talk about them being too predictable and the week they've had. Big moments, big players. None bigger than Messi.

A single goal could still screw them though.

Aye, in these days of global satellite TV coverage then the "not done it on the world stage" thing is a bit irrelevant iyam. Kids in Bombay and Bangkok only saw Pele and Maradonna once every 4 years, if they were lucky. They can watch Messi every week.

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

I saw a lot of Maradona and played against him. Wonderful though he was, Messi is better and so much more consistent.

Messi doesn't get kicked 30 times a game without seeing yellow cards dished out neither. It was much harder to be a brilliant player in those days, because you get little protection off the officials compared to today. Some games would finish 11 v 11 these days would be 5 a side games and I truly am not exaggerating. Maradona used to get kicked to fuck, in the era of Messi players are infinitely more protected and able to express themselves.

Never be as good for me, and without barcelona and their substantially talented midfield busting their balls for him it'd be a different story as well imo

Agreed totally, Ronaldo is more important to Real Madrid than Messi is to Barcelona imo. He has a lot more to do. Would be interesting to see them swap sides.