“I want to leave. I’ve spent four years with Newcastle. I think I have reached a stage where it’s maybe time for me to look elsewhere for a new challenge.

“I will focus on upcoming games and let’s see what happens between now and December.

“It is true there were contacts for me from Arsenal and a club in Russia. I’d prefer to stay in England.”

Hard to blame any of our players for wanting to jump ship.

I seriously doubt Arsenal or any team of that Calibre would be in for him. He doesn't have near enough quality on the ball and he's reckless in the challenge so would be a massive risk in big games. If he goes somewhere else in this country it won't be to a massive club and it will just be a case of wanting to get out of here or wanting more money.

Given that he's 28 I imagine Ashley will be quite happy to get shot of him for a profit anyway.

Think this happens quite a lot when a player wants out, he's suddenly not that good any more.

I'd expect Tiote to have a good European competition level career after us.

Think this happens quite a lot when a player wants out, he's suddenly not that good any more.

I'd expect Tiote to have a good European competition level career after us.

I rate Tiote but I've never thought he was good enough on the ball for someone like Wenger. Citeh and Chelski clearly don't need him, Manure have just signed Blind for his position, the wallpushers have Gerrard playing as the sitting midfielder (obviously plays in a different way) and Spurs have a couple of hundred midfielders. I could possibly see him at Everton but again I'm not convinced about his ability on the ball for Martinez and they have Barry and (I think) that Serbian(?) kid they signed this summer.

I just can't see him going to any English clubs playing in Europe. He probably could abroad but if he's saying he wants to stop over here then I don't think he'll be playing in Europe next season.

See I could see him moving to Liverpool or Man Utd, even though they've both got player who're currently plying their trade in his position. Man Utd still look weak as piss at the back and Gerrard isn't as mobile as he once was.

See I could see him moving to Liverpool or Man Utd, even though they've both got player who're currently plying their trade in his position. Man Utd still look weak as piss at the back and Gerrard isn't as mobile as he once was.

My Dad keeps saying Manure should go for him but it's never going to happen. I think he'd be a very unpopular signing with their fans. They expect bigger names than Tiote and I think LVG and their board are very aware of that. Do I think he could help them? Yes probably but really don't see it happening. Anyway they will surely be concentrating on a centreback in January.

I agree about Gerrard but again I think the wallpushers would go beserk if Rodgers replaced him with Tiote. And again I don't think he can use the ball well enough for Rodgers. Doesn't that Can play in that position too?

As I mentioned earlier the perception of him being a liability in terms of discipline will go against him to. I think he's actually improved that area of his game quite a bit in the last couple of seasons but that sort of reputation doesn't easily go away.

I've said before that I think he's a massive player for us (although we're such a mess at the minute that it's pretty much irellevant who's playing) and probably one of the players I'd least want to see leave us. But I have so little connection to any of the players now that seeing them come and go means little to me now.

My Dad keeps saying Manure should go for him but it's never going to happen. I think he'd be a very unpopular signing with their fans. They expect bigger names than Tiote and I think LVG and their board are very aware of that. Do I think he could help them? Yes probably but really don't see it happening. Anyway they will surely be concentrating on a centreback in January.

I agree about Gerrard but again I think the wallpushers would go beserk if Rodgers replaced him with Tiote. And again I don't think he can use the ball well enough for Rodgers. Doesn't that Can play in that position too?

As I mentioned earlier the perception of him being a liability in terms of discipline will go against him to. I think he's actually improved that area of his game quite a bit in the last couple of seasons but that sort of reputation doesn't easily go away.

I've said before that I think he's a massive player for us (although we're such a mess at the minute that it's pretty much irellevant who's playing) and probably one of the players I'd least want to see leave us. But I have so little connection to any of the players now that seeing them come and go means little to me now.

Remember when we had a team filled with likeable players? Krul, Harper, Colo, Enrique, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Jonas, etc. :(

We've got a likeable manager and lovable owner, stop complaining Fish. I don't know what these deluded jaaaaahdees expect.

Agree with most of DK's sentiments, I'm not really arsed who leaves. I have no connection to them and we wont see them anywhere near their best under our manager for life, fanks mike.

Remember when we had a team filled with likeable players? Krul, Harper, Colo, Enrique, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, Jonas, etc. :(

I'm not sure Barton was ever likeable really.

I think Ricky was the last player I really loved that went, after that I've cared less and less about all of them. They all come and go and most of them don't give a flying fuck about us. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely pissed off that we sold Cabaye because I could see that he was essential to the team and we didn't even try to replace him at the time. But I never really cared about him.

It's the days of Shearer, Rob Lee, Beresford, Clark, Watson and even further back to a certain Mr Kelly when we actually felt we had players who wanted to be here and play for us supporters that I really miss!

I think Tiote would be a great signing for Arsenal. They are piss weak in the holding midfielder position with Arteta and Flamini. Tiote would improve them in their weakest position without a doubt. Can't blame any of the players for wanting out. Who wants to waste a career settling for mediocrity under a manager like what we have.

Edited by toonotl

Are you talking about homeopathy?

He's no friend of Dorothy, if that's what you're asking.

Nah, he's just being a boring cunt.