Manchester United v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

We've got more chance of winning the FA Cup that any of the rest. We're cursed in the League Cup so forget about that, we can't win the Premiership because Ashley is the only billionaire in football who won't spend his money, and the Europa League has Tottenham, Atletico Madrid, Anzhi, Inter Milan, Napoli, Lyon, OM (imagine if Barton came here with them), and PSV, all of whom are better than us, plus we're playing our reserves and there'll be other good sides dropping out the Champions League.

Man City have spent >£1Billion on transfers to get where they are. I dont expect MA to wipe out his fortune on us, but fuck me whats the point of owning us if he's chucked the towel in and said it must fend for itself. He has turned our fortune around financially, but Im sure the odd £10M input once a year wouldnt go a miss and would make a huge difference on the pitch.

Anyway, not sure if we'll play all kids or not for this game. Not expecting anything from it though.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

He has turned our fortune around financially, but Im sure the odd £10M input once a year wouldnt go a miss and would make a huge difference on the pitch.

Big spending gets you the following:

------------Perez

Carr Bramble Boumsong Babayaro

----NZogbia Smith Luque

------Viduka Owen Martins

;)

Big spending gets you the following:

------------Perez

Carr Bramble Boumsong Babayaro

----NZogbia Smith Luque

------Viduka Owen Martins

;)

Aye all of those players cost us massive money like.

I'd go:

Harper

Perch Williamson Colo Santon

Amalfitano Anita Tiote Marveaux

Shola Cisse

Give Anita a run out in the middle of the park and let him be the one with the more attacking mindset of the 2 CM's instead of restricting him to being defensive, as he hasn't really got a foothold in the games he's played being the defensive midfielder.

This looks perfect to me. Mix in a few first team starters.

If we start playing the first XI in every match we won't make it to March without being decimated by injury. There should have been more investment in this team because we knew we'd have all these games, but there wasn't and there isn't much we can do about it now.

For those who want a full squad- would you rest the team against Reading? Fair enough if your priorities lie elsewhere, but I'd basically play this type of team until the semi-finals. Some of you are acting like it's guaranteed we win this competition if we start our best team. What happens if we make it to semis, lose, and have sacrificed points along the way in the league? Are our players going to stay because we finished 12th and made the League Cup Semi-finals?

This problem is really going to pop up more and more as the season goes on. If we reach the knock-out stages of the Europa League and are in-reach of the top 6 in the league- we are going to have to set priorities. The squad simply isn't big enough to do both. Real shame

This looks perfect to me. Mix in a few first team starters.

If we start playing the first XI in every match we won't make it to March without being decimated by injury. There should have been more investment in this team because we knew we'd have all these games, but there wasn't and there isn't much we can do about it now.

For those who want a full squad- would you rest the team against Reading? Fair enough if your priorities lie elsewhere, but I'd basically play this type of team until the semi-finals. Some of you are acting like it's guaranteed we win this competition if we start our best team. What happens if we make it to semis, lose, and have sacrificed points along the way in the league? Are our players going to stay because we finished 12th and made the League Cup Semi-finals?

This problem is really going to pop up more and more as the season goes on. If we reach the knock-out stages of the Europa League and are in-reach of the top 6 in the league- we are going to have to set priorities. The squad simply isn't big enough to do both. Real shame

What is guaranteed is that not playing our first team will result in the usual early exit of all cup competitions. Hey Ho though, we can then concentrate on securing a european spot.

Time to change priorities.

After it was revealed Nemanja Vidic will miss eight weeks after undergoing knee surgery, winger Antonio Valencia, 27, left the club's Carrington training ground on crutches with his right foot in a protective boot.

I know it's unlikely that either would have taken the field tonight, but given they're not available, Ferguson may drop from his 2nd choice team to his third

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

I was in the mind of fielding a weakend team earlier this week and last week due to the upcoming games.

However, with the injuries that Man Ure have and with Man City & Everton going out, we could possibly have a good chance at this. Although the Chelsea result was something and Arsenal havent played yet.

Hmmm. Its a tough choice.

Would like to see Campbell start this but due to what has been mentioned I can see it being Cisse and Shola up top.

Anyone seen him play?...is he a poacher or has he more of the Pedro about him?....is he able to create for himself and others? if its the latter then he should be playing in the likes of this game. If he doesnt get involved further back in the build up then its a bit more tricky to include him iyam.

Anyone seen him play?...is he a poacher or has he more of the Pedro about him?....is he able to create for himself and others? if its the latter then he should be playing in the likes of this game. If he doesnt get involved further back in the build up then its a bit more tricky to include him iyam.

Watched him in the reserves last week and its quite surprising how small he really is. Looks lost on the pitch. Watching him go for headers was like a scene from Monty Python. I would be surprised if he made it with the big boys.

Watched him in the reserves last week and its quite surprising how small he really is. Looks lost on the pitch. Watching him go for headers was like a scene from Monty Python. I would be surprised if he made it with the big boys.

Shane Ferguson. SHANE Ferguson. Shaaaaaaaaane Fergusssssooooonnnnn.

zeyebrow_wtf_gif.gif