Bordeaux v Newcastle

hmsvictorybdx

Dear Newcastle fans. We hope you are looking forward to Bordeaux v Newcastle as much as we are! Join us at the Hms Victory in Bordeaux before, during and after the match for special offers, English speaking staff and an atmosphere just like the pubs at home. Howay the toon!! please contact for more details

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why they're looking forward to it so much?

money.jpg

• 1 month later...

Surely going to be the under 11's getting fielded for this?

Bit of a twat to those who have paid to go but no point risking anyone for this.

Think we're only allowed to play the nominated Europa league squad players.

http://uk.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/clubs/club=59324/squad/index.html

The likes of Tavernier, Streete, Inman, Abeid, Newton, Ranger, Xisco, Campbell.

We'd need at least a couple of first team defenders, but it's Bordeaux, so I'd expect more than a that.

ALAN PARDEW says he will ring the changes for Thursday night’s game against Bordeaux.

The Magpies will jet out to south-west France with a youthful-looking squad and several fringe players are set to have a taste of the build-up to a Europa League game.

United lost three players to injury in Davide Santon (groin), Cheick Tiote (hamstring) and Demba Ba (hamstring).

All three injuries are not thought to be serious but are likely to rule them out of the Group D clash with the French outfit.

Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi and Shane Ferguson could all be set for starts against the Ligue 1 side.

However, Pardew had a message for the travelling Geordie fans.

He told the Chronicle: “There will be a lot of changes for Bordeaux – trust me.

“I want to let our fans know early on it will not be the team which played against Wigan.

“We have to try to win at Fulham and claim our first away win.

“I will be resting a few players for sure.”

Pardew feels his three injured first-team stars will be back in contention for the trip to Fulham in six days’ time.

He added: “I think they will all be OK.

“I said to the players we have to accept this is going to be one of those years.

“We are going to take blow after blow. We have to accept it.”

United’s treatment room is already packed to the rafters with stars like Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye recovering from injury.

However, a defiant Pardew says injuries will not spoil his mood.

He said: “We just move on to the next game.

“We might be missing a few more. Who cares?

“We can still win if we have the same attitude as last night.”

Checked the rules, we can register youth players right up to the day before a game....

Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B

during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on

the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990

and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted

period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with

UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been

registered with the participating club for the previous two years without

interruption.

Wouldnt mind Tavernier at CB, think he's got the attributes to do a job there although he's looked promising at RB too.

Abeid doesnt strike me as the type of player or character who could succeed playing out of position.

Something along these lines wouldnt surprise me. Can Tav play in the middle of defence.

Harper

Abeid Perch Tavernier Ferguson

Obertan? Bigi Marveaux Sameobi

Shola Ranger

I'd save Marv for Mon personally.

Me and other half Watched match upstairs in this pub last night along with 2 other early arrivals. Not cheap but a good atmosphere. Guinness €7 a pint. Also got dog on tap. Generous spirit measures mind. Downstairs Was Rammed with students. Not bothered who starts. It's my first ever away euro game and fun will be had.

Bus line 9 goes from train station to ground. Might be useful info for any late arrivals

Like what I've seen so far. Despite the crap weather. Decent sights. Friendly people.