The Real Liverpool - Newcastle thread

Aeris

It galls me to say it but the Suarez goal was special, even if Colo did allow him to get goal side. But then Colo had a terrible game (by his standards) and imo Suarez had the better of him. The red card was plainly borne out of frustration and I think it was fully deserved.

If Colo hadn't got himself sent off, we'd have stood a decent chance of nicking a goal on the counter Imo. As it was we just about hung on. I'm glad Jonjo Shelvey was playing as he squandered 3 pretty good chances. In the circumstances a point at Anfield is ok.

Aye. Suarez had Colo on toast all the game although Colo seemed to want to snap him in half from the off. If he'd just concentrated on playing his normal game I think we'd have won. I absolutely love Colo but although Suarez is a complete cunt I'd be foaming if I was Pardew. It was a definite red for the intent and he could have had one earlier for a similar challenge. It was a sublime piece of control but I agree with Stevie about it not being that good because basically when he brought it down he just had to go round the keeper. Not saying it wasn't a very good goal but it wasn't that good.

Should be 'interesting' to see what side we put out next game like. That's what you get when you don't invest in the areas that need strengthening though. You fat cockney cunt.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye. Suarez had Colo on toast all the game although Colo seemed to want to snap him in half from the off. If he'd just concentrated on playing his normal game I think we'd have won. I absolutely love Colo but although Suarez is a complete cunt I'd be foaming if I was Pardew. It was a definite red for the intent and he could have had one earlier for a similar challenge. It was a sublime piece of control but I agree with Stevie about it not being that good because basically when he brought it down he just had to go round the keeper. Not saying it wasn't a very good goal but it wasn't that good.

Should be 'interesting' to see what side we put out next game like. That's what you get when you don't invest in the areas that need strengthening though. You fat cockney cunt.

Sitting here watching the match again and Suarez has gone down screaming several times in the first 20 minutes trying to get our defenders booked. What a cunt that man is.

Colo is like Samson. Cut his hair and he's not the same player......

Just another shit game, thrown by Pardews serious inability to put out a balanced team. They were shit and with the right team we would have easily beaten them.

Pardew now has another red card and injuries to add to the excuses, that paper over the cracks.

Once again it was a case of let's hope Ben Arfa can carry the team. Unfortunately most of what he tried didn't come off, but at least he tried.

A front two that have little understanding and a distinct lack of creativity and once again we struggled.

The real plus of the game was a decent showing from Anita which will hopefully give him loads of confidence.

Other than that its getting very boring and predictable watching us this season.

I preferred positive CTs view....

A lot of crap gets written about AP mainly down to who he works for rather than the bloke himself.

With regard to Pardew himself, he is working within the set up agreed at the time he was appointed. He is there to get the best out of the players he is given. Not a lot different to many managers apart from a select few.

He seems very passionate about getting things right, the players speak well of him and he isnt afraid to throw youngsters in and make substitutions during the game.

His patter is fine when interviewed and actually adds a bit of character back. He has come across as very honest at the club for example when he talks about the senior management having lied to the fans.

I know its not popular with some, but I like him, particularly given the owner we have.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/28926-alan-pardew/page__st__2020#entry954552

Think that all still stands.

I preferred positive CTs view....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/28926-alan-pardew/page__st__2020#entry954552

Think that all still stands.

Hardly,

Since we have had since had to endure a botch up of a team to suit players wishes rather than what's best for the team.

Other players like the Cisses, HBA and Cabaye are shadows of themselves because of this.

Seems found out to me.

Tend to agree with what I've read by CT about us this season though tbf. One of the few positives is that we're getting decent results without playing well though which gives me some cause for optimism. I also think that while Pardew is a bit on the cautious side the owner has made a bit of a cunt of him by not bringing in at least a couple of extra defenders over the summer.

It's pretty much as it was last year. We could have gone 6th yesterday but for one sloppy goal conceded. On the pitch I see us as being as tough to beat as we were then and still winning more than we lose by tight margians, sometimes against the run of play.

Been worse off with injuries this year too.

CT's view seems to have gone from Pardew being capable of a Champions league (and title) push last season to a complete shambles of a man this season.

Weird.

He takes a feast or famine approach to most things in life though, doesn't he? ;) I was a lot more convince by us last year, however. It was always likely to be tough to live up to last season as well though, especially with raised expectations etc. When you look at the league though we're what? 3 points off Everton in 4th who the pundits are jizzing about (but couldn't beat us at their place). And obviously grinding out results can't just be written off as a fluke when you're quarter of the way through the campaign. I also think we might sign a player or two in January with them being another 6 months into their contracts and what have you.

We're shite. CT is right imo. We grind results out, we carried loads of luck last season, which has deserted us this. We're hard to beat, but we're more Bolton 2004 than Barcelona 2012.

We're shite. CT is right imo. We grind results out, we carried loads of luck last season, which has deserted us this. We're hard to beat, but we're more Bolton 2004 than Barcelona 2012.

don't think we're completely shite - we're tough to beat and play with a good spirit.

but i agree with the rest. last year a lot of games like yesterday went our way by the odd goal. this season that isn't happening.

Apart from Blackburn and Man U at home I'm struggling to think of when else we resembled Barcelona last year.

WBA away?

Stoke away, Man U home, Liverpool home, Chelsea away, WBA away were probably the top 5 performances? I'd have to remind myself of all the results. Only the Stoke away game is the first half of the season, not that it means much tbf.

Tend to agree with what I've read by CT about us this season though tbf. One of the few positives is that we're getting decent results without playing well though which gives me some cause for optimism. I also think that while Pardew is a bit on the cautious side the owner has made a bit of a cunt of him by not bringing in at least a couple of extra defenders over the summer.

Good man ;)

Pardew is far too cautious / confused and let's not forget the heaps of luck against the likes of Everton, West Brom etc.