The Real Liverpool - Newcastle thread

Aeris

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As you can tell from the name........I am a pool fan.

So I read what you lot thought of the game, and well you earned a point in our oppinion. That's the way it goes sometimes I guess.

You guys lost some key players though.

anyway well played, see you after we win in Newcastle :)

To be honest it wasn't too dissimilar from the game against Swansea last year. Home team had incredible amounts of possession, but rarely really carved out a chance.

If you buy Huntelaar (as has been suggested) I reckon you'll skoot up the league, no problem. You do need to find another goal scorer though, because if Suarez gets injured or banned, you'll be fucked.

Good to see a decent scouser that isn't a thundercunt, by the way, as you're under-represented online. Welcome to the board.

To be honest it wasn't too dissimilar from the game against Swansea last year. Home team had incredible amounts of possession, but rarely really carved out a chance.

If you buy Huntelaar (as has been suggested) I reckon you'll skoot up the league, no problem. You do need to find another goal scorer though, because if Suarez gets injured or banned, you'll be fucked.

Good to see a decent scouser that isn't a thundercunt, by the way, as you're under-represented online. Welcome to the board.

Thing is though "B-Rod" likes to play his 4-3-3/4-5-1 and at the moment Suarez plays through the middle. Can't see him being too happy having to play out wide if they get Huntelaar.

Suarez had more shots today than Sunderland have had all season.

Rodgers is saying he's world class and comparing him to Messi. Fuck off. Any world class player would have had a hat-trick today. Fair play he's as hard working and dislikeable as Bellamy and capable of great skill, the tromboning is ott.

Well my final note:

You lads have a fantastic team atm, and if injuries hold out you could certainly be a top 4 team this year. Arsenal look poor, Spurs look fragile and we are too inexperienced to get that far up the league. So, I am counting on you lot to make sure Everton don't get that top 4 spot

Goodnight :picknose:

Despite my anger, I think a red probably was justified. What I object to is the complete lack of hesitation in fact relish with which things like this are given for what are still the big teams in the minds of refs (from Chesire). Sterling's tackle on Cisse was a definite yellow but that slimy cunt of a captain of theirs has a word and oh look its not a booking.

If thats a red fair enough - I'll look forward to more like that from now on.

Just what I was thinking, there's been no benefit of the doubt at all this season but I wait to see what happens when we're on the end of one of those. And aye, not even a booking for that Liverpool kid? Well the ref was cracking on with a disinterested Steve G before kick off in the tunnel so obviously has an opinion the ref values and as normal in these type of games you just wonder how much the constant dialogue with the likes of Gerrard and Rooney has an effect?

Colo had a mare today like. He really struggled against Suarez. Don't think the sending off was anywhere near as bad as some in the press are suggesting but it was a poor challenge all the same.

Yet again we've went there with the wrong attitude for me. They're shit and that's the way we should have attacked them but instead we played like they were one of the top teams. They aren't and they won't be under Rodgers!

Colo had a mare today like. He really struggled against Suarez. Don't think the sending off was anywhere near as bad as some in the press are suggesting but it was a poor challenge all the same.

Yet again we've went there with the wrong attitude for me. They're shit and that's the way we should have attacked them but instead we played like they were one of the top teams. They aren't and they won't be under Rodgers!

But they will retain possession a lot as Swansea did under Rodgers.

I dunno if we should have gone chasing the ball. Playing into Rodgers one dimensional hands that way. Far happier to keep the angles tight for them and hit on the break. Went perfectly for most of the game, with them resorting to Stevie G's much hated long ball tactic to score.....and even then, they wouldn't have if not for some sublime close control.

Just another shit game, thrown by Pardews serious inability to put out a balanced team. They were shit and with the right team we would have easily beaten them.

Pardew now has another red card and injuries to add to the excuses, that paper over the cracks.

Once again it was a case of let's hope Ben Arfa can carry the team. Unfortunately most of what he tried didn't come off, but at least he tried.

A front two that have little understanding and a distinct lack of creativity and once again we struggled.

The real plus of the game was a decent showing from Anita which will hopefully give him loads of confidence.

Other than that its getting very boring and predictable watching us this season.

It galls me to say it but the Suarez goal was special, even if Colo did allow him to get goal side. But then Colo had a terrible game (by his standards) and imo Suarez had the better of him. The red card was plainly borne out of frustration and I think it was fully deserved.

If Colo hadn't got himself sent off, we'd have stood a decent chance of nicking a goal on the counter Imo. As it was we just about hung on. I'm glad Jonjo Shelvey was playing as he squandered 3 pretty good chances. In the circumstances a point at Anfield is ok.

I think people are mugs to be happy with a point from this game. Pardew takes the blame in my view. 0-1 up against a side who are vulnerable at the back, we should NEVER park the bus on the 18 yard line, an equaliser was inevitable. They are shite too. 80% possession first 15 mins of the second half, I stuck on twitter, goal inevitable here, and it was. We stopped playing as an offensive force against mid table plodders which completely gave them the initiative.

Suarez what a goofy cunt. Racist, goofy, a cunt, from the trampiest part of Uruguay, nee wonder he fits in so well there. 2 points dropped for me. He did well for the goal, but fuck me anyone would think it was Pele's overhead kick in escape to victory the way people are going on, all he has done there, is control the ball, a basic requirement of a footballer. I scored a better goal last season than that.

Finally on a positive note, James Perch is out for a month.

Edited by McFaul

We were a bigger threat when we played the ball on the floor in the first half and thats how we scored. It was getting tiring watching long balls to Ba.

I thought Liverpool was shite, Enrique especially. A load of possession and fuck all threat.

Pass left, pass back, Pass right, Pass back, pass to Keeper, thats all it was. It was Swansea in a red kit.

Not sure an equaliser was inevitable under Pardews tactics. We had all the answers to their "domination" for over an hour. They resorted to a long ball on the break from one of our attacks to get their goal rather than the sustained pressure we soaked up for the rest of the afternoon.

Not irony. Wishing a serious injury on a player simply because he's class but a whining little shit.

How many players are whining little shits? Loads.

If he played for Newcastle, you'd be defending him to the hilt.

You're beleiving the media hype Wolfy. Suarez IMO is a good player, but IMO not class.

9 attempts to score one, IMO Isnt class.