Newcastle v Swansea (H) 17/11/2012

The Fish

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only consolation for me is that it makes it impossible to deny that Ashley took the piss last window.

We got lucky last year and needed to use the advantage and kick on.

No ifs or buts, we're financially stable, let's get some bodies in this January.

Fucking dogshit result, fucking dogshit, one-season wonder team living on last years laurels. They players need to have a fucking good look at themselves and Pardew needs to be kicking some arse. Saying we're better than this and actually showing it are poles apart, the frustration of knowing the players aren't putting in the effort they did last year is sickening. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck!

The only consolation for me is that it makes it impossible to deny that Ashley took the piss last window.

We got lucky last year and needed to use the advantage and kick on.

No ifs or buts, we're financially stable, let's get some bodies in this January.

Yup, January will be massive for us. If there's anything to gain form from dodgy form, it's making weaknesses like ours obvious. We were lucky last season in terms of injuries and suspension, less so this time round.

Positive notes;

No yellow card for Tiote.

Anita looked a bit more settled.

Marveau looked decent when he came on.

BenArfa worked harder, tried harder.

Santon put in a good shift.

Ba added to his total.

And?

Not that it needs pointing out, but I never said we'd be relegated. Just that I wouldn't be 100% comfortable till it was confirmed we were fine. Couldn't take anything for granted back then. The season we did go down I actually thought we'd be alright, especially after we played Middlesbrough and beat them. I was feeling good about our chances after that.

Plenty of posters on here more negative than I am, LBT and CT for instance.

I'm not one to tell tales out of school but CT sent a fair few on here PM's asking folk to back your Pardew Out campaign .

I personally dismissed it as tittle-tattle but maybe he had a point .

. . Oh I don't even know anymore :(

Shocking. Just shocking. Can't believe this is the same team from last season. Noone apart from Ba and HBA deserves to be called a footballer on the basis of the last 2 games.

And Williamson and Simpson are fookin liabilties. Bloody takes me back to Boumsong/ Cacapa/Babayaro. And we're playing the sort of football we did in those days too. Just abysmal stuff.

Shocking. Guess we were wrong to get excited after last season. Nothing really good ever happens to us. I know I ought not to feel this down but I am!! Fook this. :(

The average quality in the edges of our squad is there to be seen. Everyone, absolutely everyone said we needed a new centre half. Then ideally a full back. Gonna be a fucking long season.

The average quality in the edges of our squad is there to be seen. Everyone, absolutely everyone said we needed a new centre half. Then ideally a full back. Gonna be a fucking long season.

Nowhere near the problem, a bereft midfield and inability to cross or take chances is not on defenders.

Nowhere near the problem, a bereft midfield and inability to cross or take chances is not on defenders.

It's a massive part of the goals we're conceding.

Shocking. Just shocking. Can't believe this is the same team from last season. Noone apart from Ba and HBA deserves to be called a footballer on the basis of the last 2 games.

And Williamson and Simpson are fookin liabilties. Bloody takes me back to Boumsong/ Cacapa/Babayaro. And we're playing the sort of football we did in those days too. Just abysmal stuff.

Shocking. Guess we were wrong to get excited after last season. Nothing really good ever happens to us. I know I ought not to feel this down but I am!! Fook this. :(

Can we keep this one away from the razor blades too please?...

They're all problems, fact is Williamson and Simpson shouldn't be near our starting 11. The former seems a nice guy so I feel a bit sorry for him, but the sooner the latter is out the door the better. Hope he enjoys being the centre of attention because of his pop star missus because he'll never be the centre of attention for being a decent footballer.

It's a massive part of the goals we're conceding.

Our blue chip goalkeeper was the massive part of the first goal we conceded, the second was on the break when we were chasing the game. We had 27 shots and 10 on target, sum total one goal, conversion rate is the problem, should have been out of sight.

Can we keep this one away from the razor blades too please?...

Dont know what that exactly means but I did acknowledge I ought not react THAT badly. Just feeling like shite thats all :P

If Pardew blames injuries etc again he can fuck right off. Because its him and the management that decided not to strengthen in the summer knowing full well we have some league 1 standard players in the squad.

Edited by aimaad22

We huffed and puffed, they played football. The life drained out of them the minute they scored. Highlight of the day for me seeing my 7 year old girls face as she walked up the steps into the stadium for her first game. The look of awe was matched by the grin. Trust the Toon to fuck it up. Our crossing, our decision making and lack of ideas late on was painful to watch.

We huffed and puffed, they played football. The life drained out of them the minute they scored. Highlight of the day for me seeing my 7 year old girls face as she walked up the steps into the stadium for her first game. The look of awe was matched by the grin. Trust the Toon to fuck it up. Our crossing, our decision making and lack of ideas late on was painful to watch.

Nice to know there was something good about today.

Shocking result today.

We have been found out and have issues all over the team, but the defence is the real problem, we are conceding far too many against poor teams at home. Created lots of chances on the plus side, so we do have a basis to turn around this bad run if we can tighten up.

Simpson, Williamson fit for pub football. Williamson at least has a look of self pity about himself that makes me think he realises he is in above his neck, but Simpson just boils my piss. Santon extremely average. Need a new CB and at least one full back to improve.

To be honest we've brought in a lot of pish, Santon, Marveaux, Anita, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Abeid, all pish.