Newcastle v Swansea (H) 17/11/2012

The Fish

I think Cisse will benefit from being out of the team tbh, he's been very average this season. Do him good to have some time to get his head together and get up to full fitness so he's back to his old self.

Will hopefully mean we can play Ben Arfa in the no. 10 role and get some creativity up top.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cisse will benefit from being out of the team tbh, he's been very average this season. Do him good to have some time to get his head together and get up to full fitness so he's back to his old self.

Will hopefully mean we can play Ben Arfa in the no. 10 role and get some creativity up top.

I think the only thing that sorts a striker out is a goal. Some decent service and he'll flying again.

He 'scored' against Norwich and it hasn't really helped.

Both the Dembas only seem to be at their best when they're treated as the main man. Right now we're bending over backwards for the rather sultry Ba and as such we're not mollycoddling Cisse.

Pards needs to get group hugging.

He 'scored' against Norwich and it hasn't really helped.

Both the Dembas only seem to be at their best when they're treated as the main man. Right now we're bending over backwards for the rather sultry Ba and as such we're not mollycoddling Cisse.

Pards needs to get group hugging.

No he didn't

Constantly catching myself forgetting our games nowadays, I do check the result but Im feeling strangely indifferent really.

As for the actual games they give me little pleasure anymore, Im a newcastle fan but Im also a fotball fan and sadly we provide little visual pleasure when it comes to the latter.

Two years in charge and we seem to be regressing with a team full of internationals. Blame should be placed on the board for not strengthening in the summer but our first 11 should be good enough to play some decent fotball. Lesser teams certainly seem to do it to a larger degree than us.

Pardew has stated he wants to play it on the ground, and I have no doubt he does. But does the man have it in him to coach it into the players?

The man is in his 50s now, even old dogs can learn new tricks - but is there any empirical evidence as to if he has actually ever done it?

Last years results did well to paper over the cracks as we often were as cack to watch then as we are now. We are getting the results we deserve this season, or other teams have found us out. Where do we go from here, I wonder.
Edited by Lake Bells tits

Last years results did well to paper over the cracks as we often were as cack to watch then as we are now. We are getting the results we deserve this season, or other teams have found us out. Where do we go from here, I wonder.

That's an incredibly pessimistic view!

Yes I do regard it as an inaccurate observation.

We were difficult to beat, we generally were decent at keeping possession and we scored some bloody brilliant goals. I struggle to think of a season when we scored so many first class goals.

But do you regard it an inaccurate observation?

We had our odd bad game but I think we were pretty decent to watch on the whole, and we scored a ridiculous amount of cracking goals. Bit harsh to put that on luck or anything of that sort. 5-6 of our players showed great quality and there's no taking away that.

No doubt this season's form is worrying. But I dont believe the kind of quality people like Cisse and Cabaye displayed last year was a flash in the pan sort of thing. Its all about getting the system right again and getting the players' confidence back up. A lot of this down to Pardew obviously. The question is bloody when will he get it right. 10 games is a lot and we are not showing much signs of improvement. Need a bit of a spark we do.

If you find yourself "constantly... forgetting our games nowaday" then you're not much of a fan, to be brutally honest. Fans should stick with their club through thick and thin.

I'm going to assume you didn't start supporting NUFC till we get promoted, as if you think this is half as bad as you're making out then you've really got little perspective to draw upon.

Been a fan since 96. Watched first 7-8 games this season but it keeps getting worse, sides we are supposed to be vastly superior to play us off the park and manage to string passes together in a way we seem to have forgotten how to...

There were loads of individual flashes of brilliance last year but it seems to have all but disappeared over the summer. Loss of self-esteem or loss of faith in the manager perhaps?

Fans are a fickle bunch, if your team cough up turgid performances week after week you end up not watching sooner or later. Im approachng that cliff at an alarming rate.

We had our odd bad game but I think we were pretty decent to watch on the whole, and we scored a ridiculous amount of cracking goals. Bit harsh to put that on luck or anything of that sort. 5-6 of our players showed great quality and there's no taking away that.

No doubt this season's form is worrying. But I dont believe the kind of quality people like Cisse and Cabaye displayed last year was a flash in the pan sort of thing. Its all about getting the system right again and getting the players' confidence back up. A lot of this down to Pardew obviously. The question is bloody when will he get it right. 10 games is a lot and we are not showing much signs of improvement. Need a bit of a spark we do.

I thought we played dire even during our unbeaten run at the start of last season, however the results made many people forget about the performances rather quickly. Then we had a really bad string of games before we finally saw a few decent games at the end of the season, possibly because pardew seemed to let a sigh of relief out since our points tally were adequate anyway.

I want to see us try to win every game not attempting to prevent a loss every single weekend. You can accuse sam allardyce of many things but at least there is a clear plan to his hoofball. We look clueless.

I thought we played dire even during our unbeaten run at the start of last season, however the results made many people forget about the performances rather quickly. Then we had a really bad string of games before we finally saw a few decent games at the end of the season, possibly because pardew seemed to let a sigh of relief out since our points tally were adequate anyway.

I want to see us try to win every game not attempting to prevent a loss every single weekend. You can accuse sam allardyce of many things but at least there is a clear plan to his hoofball. We look clueless.

A few decent games? Come on, we had to grind out a few results but we had some fantastic team performances too. The Manure home game comes to mind. I personally think last season was thoroughly enjoyable on the whole. For instance the game at Old Trafford, we rode our luck but got stuck in and defended with our lives with a man down. I enjoyed that game as much as the one where we played them off the park at home. Maybe its just me but I love it when you see the players not doing well but working their arses off to try and get a result for the team. Shows you they respect the shirt they are playing in.

We had that last season, we had some great team performances, moments of individual brilliance, we spanked a fair few of the big boys. Memories to last a long while!! How can anyone play down a season like that?? The fact that a few years ago we looked down and out and not coming back to this league anytime soon just made it all the more enjoyable. I absolutely loved every minute of it and desperately hope people like Cisse can get back to that kind of form so the party can begin again! :nufc:

This 5 day rule concerning Cisse is absolute bollocks btw whether he's fit to play or not. He's contracted to NUFC, not to Senegal. It should be the case that for friendlies, it's the club's decision whether a player is featured regardless of fitness.

Perhaps the Senegalese FA should concentrate on their own problems involving crowd trouble rather than pointless friendlies.

A few decent games? Come on, we had to grind out a few results but we had some fantastic team performances too. The Manure home game comes to mind. I personally think last season was thoroughly enjoyable on the whole. For instance the game at Old Trafford, we rode our luck but got stuck in and defended with our lives with a man down. I enjoyed that game as much as the one where we played them off the park at home. Maybe its just me but I love it when you see the players not doing well but working their arses off to try and get a result for the team. Shows you they respect the shirt they are playing in.

We had that last season, we had some great team performances, moments of individual brilliance, we spanked a fair few of the big boys. Memories to last a long while!! How can anyone play down a season like that?? The fact that a few years ago we looked down and out and not coming back to this league anytime soon just made it all the more enjoyable. I absolutely loved every minute of it and desperately hope people like Cisse can get back to that kind of form so the party can begin again! :nufc:

Agree to disagree I guess, granted we had plenty of moments where individual brilliance shone through but with the players we have at our disposal that was always going to happen regardless of what manager is in charge. As a team, we defended well which is no surprise when we set up that way - but offensively there was alot to be desired tbh.

Games where we genuinely played well? On the back of my head - Manure at home, stoke away... probably a few more but the season as a whole - no.

easy to don the rose tinted glasses when you end the season on 65 points, but for me I saw the signs last season - we lack a plan going forward - there is no game plan which is no surprise given that we work on defense 4 days a week and leave the friday afternoon to carver to think up something going forward. They let that cat out of the bag after our 12 game unbeaten run, I bet they regret lifting the lid on that now. Oops :lol:

Grim reading this team news like...

Squad: Fabricio Coloccini serves the second of a three game ban while Yohan Cabaye and Jonas Gutierrez both miss out through injury. Cheick Tiote is available once again after serving his ban.

Tiote, Tim Krul and Davide Santon were all unused substitutes in friendly internationals on Wednesday evening, while Shane Ferguson played the full 90 minutes for Northern Ireland in Belfast and Shola Ameobi had a 30 minute outing for Nigeria in the USA.

Sammy Ameobi has trained since injured prompted him to withdraw from England's U21 squad, while neither Demba Ba or Papiss Cisse answered callups from Senegal.

Ba's withdrawal due to a shin injury was agreed, but Cisse was pulled out by United due to a back problem, which seems to have angered his nation's federation - who may attempt to invoke a FIFA rule to prevent Cisse from playing for Newcastle this weekend.

Romain Amalfitano also joined in the session at Darsley Park showing no ill effects from the knock that caused his substitution in Monday's reserve team game. Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling, Haris Vuckic, James Perch and Adam Campbell are all currently sidelined by injuries.

The following 17 outfield players are therefore available (18 if Cisse is cleared to play): Abeid, Amalfitano, Sh.Ameobi, Sa.Ameobi, Anita, Ba, Ben Arfa, Bigirimana, Ferguson, Marveaux, Obertan, Santon, Simpson, Tavernier. S.Taylor, Tiote, Williamson.

Shola's flown to and from Miami, trained and played in the space of 5 days so he's going to be more lethargic than ever. I hope Pardew takes the opportunity to hoy Ben Arfa behind Ba, but I fear it will be...

Krul

Simpson

S. Taylor

Williamson

Santon

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Anita

Obertan

Ba

Shola

Bench:-

Ferguson

Marveaux

Tavernier.

Sa.Ameobi,

Abeid

Amalfitano

Bigirimana

Agree to disagree I guess, granted we had plenty of moments where individual brilliance shone through but with the players we have at our disposal that was always going to happen regardless of what manager is in charge. As a team, we defended well which is no surprise when we set up that way - but offensively there was alot to be desired tbh.

Games where we genuinely played well? On the back of my head - Manure at home, stoke away... probably a few more but the season as a whole - no.

easy to don the rose tinted glasses when you end the season on 65 points, but for me I saw the signs last season - we lack a plan going forward - there is no game plan which is no surprise given that we work on defense 4 days a week and leave the friday afternoon to carver to think up something going forward. They let that cat out of the bag after our 12 game unbeaten run, I bet they regret lifting the lid on that now. Oops :lol:

Agree to disagree then, cant argue with the last bit though. The mistake was not strengthening the weak areas were we were found out last season. And its hurting us now, the management has to take the fall for that.

Grim reading this team news like...

Shola's flown to and from Miami, trained and played in the space of 5 days so he's going to be more lethargic than ever. I hope Pardew takes the opportunity to hoy Ben Arfa behind Ba, but I fear it will be...

Krul

Simpson

S. Taylor

Williamson

Santon

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Anita

Obertan

Ba

Shola

Bench:-

Ferguson

Marveaux

Tavernier.

Sa.Ameobi,

Abeid

Amalfitano

Bigirimana

Sammy in for Shola, Ferguson/Marveaux for Obertan.

Pards is going to go for what you put out though.