Newcastle v Swansea (H) 17/11/2012

The Fish

Grim reading this team news like...

Shola's flown to and from Miami, trained and played in the space of 5 days so he's going to be more lethargic than ever. I hope Pardew takes the opportunity to hoy Ben Arfa behind Ba, but I fear it will be...

Krul

Simpson

S. Taylor

Williamson

Santon

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Anita

Obertan

Ba

Shola

Bench:-

Ferguson

Marveaux

Tavernier.

Sa.Ameobi,

Abeid

Amalfitano

Bigirimana

Not trying to be smart, but I've heard from a very good source that HBA is considered by the coaching staff at NUFC to be a bit too slight for that role. I disagree tbh, but thats maybe why we've not seen him in there.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing set of quotes from Pardew. He just doesn't seem to get it at all at the moment.

He also rejected talk the formation had altered significantly from the 4-3-3 system which saw him hit 13 goals from January until the end of last season.

Pardew added: “It is not an ideal scenario leading up to a game when a guy we are trying to get to hit his best form has this over him.

“We need to create more opportunities for him. We are trying to work on procedures in the team, more chances for him. I think he will find his best form and his form is mirroring the team a little bit.

“We have not changed the system. Demba played many games defensively out there but then Demba would join him as a pair during the games. I don’t think that’s it.

“I think Cheick (Tiote) has had a disjointed season. (Yohan) Cabaye has a groin problem and that has meant he has not been at full capacity, so that’s been a big thing behind Cissé.

“The three midfielders have proved a problem for us when we have faced them and we have that same scenario on Saturday against Swansea because otherwise one of the strikers will have to play on the side.

“A big part of our success last year was those two midfielders coped with the threat of three midfielders, with the help of Demba.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/11/16/papiss-cisse-at-centre-of-club-country-row-61634-32243233/#ixzz2CNTVfaDI

Well I've just inflicted a lifetime of misery on my youngest daughter as I've just bought two tickets for tomorrow for her first game*. We're due a win and performance and I'm hoping rockets have been launched up various arseholes and they show up.

*My debut was a 0-1 home defeat to Shrewsbury Town in '83 in the 2nd division. I think we only lost twice at home that season as well so let's hope my young'un has better luck!

I thought we played dire even during our unbeaten run at the start of last season.

Yeah and we finished fifth by being incredibly shit and it's all Pardew's fault. You're a tit. Go pump some iron. You know do the things you enjoy, pump some iron, fuck some blokes, forget about Newcastle.

Yeah and we finished fifth by being incredibly shit and it's all Pardew's fault. You're a tit. Go pump some iron. You know do the things you enjoy, pump some iron, fuck some blokes, forget about Newcastle.

Do you think we will ever cough up flowing fotball while Pardew is at the helm? All we can ever hope for is scrapey 1-0 wins at best. We have the best midfield in 10 years with cabaye Tiote and Ben Arfa amongst some and we are getting run over every weekend by shite teams who operate on 20% of our budget.

Imagine what Laudrup could do with our resources. Start playing fotball for one thing.

Maybe pardew will prove me wrong but Ive stopped listening to his patter as he is talking pish - Ill judge him on what I see on the pitch from now on.

Fat Sam was fired because his fotball didnt entertain Ashley. Is he being entertained now, I wonder?

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Do you think we will ever cough up flowing fotball while Pardew is at the helm? All we can ever hope for is scrapey 1-0 wins at best. We have the best midfield in 10 years with cabaye Tiote and Ben Arfa amongst some and we are getting run over every weekend by shite teams who operate on 20% of our budget.

Imagine what Laudrup could do with our resources. Start playing fotball for one thing.

Maybe pardew will prove me wrong but Ive stopped listening to his patter as he is talking pish - Ill judge him on what I see on the pitch from now on.

Fat Sam was fired because his fotball didnt entertain Ashley. Is he being entertained now, I wonder?

:lol: Not been paying much attention since relegation have you? Allardyce was sacked because he wasnt Ashleys man...Ashley went in a completly different direction finance wise after he was let go. He wanted real control instead of letting a buffoon spunk shedloads of money. So Wise and co were appointed, rightly or wrongly but the idea was to appoint a team to look after Ashleys money better than a manager would. You also seem to be implying that what we've seen this season is worse than what Allardyce oversaw?.. the football was a lot, lot worse under Allardyce. . Derby x 2, Wigan away Boxing day, Manu away where we let in 6, all among the worst performances I've ever fuckin seen in 31 years (Wigan is the worst) .

We're not playing well this season for a myriad of well documented reasons. If you want to "follow" a football team that plays consisitently good football fuck off to a Manu forum. We've had more seasons like this than not, so if you stick around you'll just have fuckin well suck it up.

Thats better, I thought Marveaux might have been given a chance today though. Our management staff really doesnt rate him if he's behind Ferguson in the pecking order.

And thank Goodness Shola isnt starting.

Thats better, I thought Marveaux might have been given a chance today though. Our management staff really doesnt rate him if he's behind Ferguson in the pecking order.

And thank Goodness Shola isnt starting.

Tbf in the chances they've been given Ferguson has produced more and deserves to be ahead of him on that basis. Sure someone mentioned he had 3 assists or something but can't for the life of me remember who...

I sighed as for a split second I thought that said Sh Ameobi.

Ferguson and Sammy in a 433 has me excited. Ben Arfa given free reign to cause mayhem in the middle of the park. Tiote to protect the back 4 and Anita to be the conduit between the front 3+HBA.

:)

Think its likely to be closer 4-4-1-1 with Ben arfa playing off Ba. Still its different so I'm pleased

Looks more like a 4-3-3. Already you can see how much better this shape suits us...

^ Ferguson and Ameobi seem to be closer to either side of Ba and Ben Arfa seems to be enjoying a bit more of a free role.

Edited by Nyff