Stoke City - Newcastle

Aeris

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or when you are wanting assists.

What's the value of a player who can occasionally provide a decent cross when you haven't got the ball and are 3-0 down?

For the love of God CT, "fixing the left wing" isn't the panacea you think it is.

What's the value of a player who can occasionally provide a decent cross when you haven't got the ball and are 3-0 down?

For the love of God CT, "fixing the left wing" isn't the panacea you think it is.

Bang on Fish. As much as I appreciate the get well comment CT, you have to get Ferguson off your mind somehow! There is no way Pards will play him at LB over Santon. Ferguson has some potential but he needs to eat some meat and drink some Guinness before we see it.

Before Jonas was injured we'd lost 2...Chelsea and Man U. Our season REALLY went to shit once his offensive ball retaining and hold up play was lost.

Surprised CT even has him in the team for tonight though.

I'd go with:

---------------Krul

Simpson--Willo-Colo--Santon

--------------Tiote

-------Anita---------Gutierrez

Ba----------------------Marveaux

-------------Cisse

The 4-3-3 worked last time we beat this lot at the end of last season. Would be nice to see it at least tried instead of a stale 4-4-2 with two holding midfielders in the center and two wingers who can't cross and two strikers who can't play together.

Team to play Stoke (mk 2)

Krul

Santon Williamson Coloccini Ferguson

Jonas Tiote Perch

Marveaux

Cisse Ba

Although Im sure Pardew will pick Simpson.

Jesus wept.

He played against Southampton....I was just saying the wheels came off when he missed a few. Getting them back on will be tougher :)

I meant his physical presence will be especially needed in this game.

Anita had bloody well start progressing soon as well, he has to have SOMETHING about his game that made us splash the money that could have been used on Debuchy :(

Bang on Fish. As much as I appreciate the get well comment CT, you have to get Ferguson off your mind somehow! There is no way Pards will play him at LB over Santon. Ferguson has some potential but he needs to eat some meat and drink some Guinness before we see it.

He's already done it, against Man Utd. We didnt win but that wasnt down to Ferguson. As for the other remark, lets not forget he has more assists this season in all competitions than anyone else. The one thing we are crying out for, particularly with Cabaye and Ben Arfa missing, is creativity. Somebody needs to set goals up and I would rather rely on crosses from the wing to long ball hoofs from the back four.

Wasn't that because it was a cup game against Man Utd? Wasn't he on the wing for the game at SJP?

And he delivered 3 good crosses in a run of about 3 games and has done fuck all else. You seem to view him as the team's saviour, with Marveaux not far behind who has even more to prove and needs more than a goal against Maritomo to do so.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I'd go with:

---------------Krul

Simo--Willo-Colo--Santon

---------/-----Tiote----Guti

-------/Anita------Marveaux

/

/

/

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

O

-----Ba-Cisse

Tidied.

Edited by Park Life

I meant his physical presence will be especially needed in this game.

Anita had bloody well start progressing soon as well, he has to have SOMETHING about his game that made us splash the money that could have been used on Debuchy :(

I think in the next year or so Anita will prove the better buy.

I rightly pointed out what was going wrong, THE LEFT WING / OVER RELIANCE ON BEN ARFA, earlier in the season and predicted what would happen if we continued.

Strikers not getting service so not making runs

Strikers not being able to predict what Ben Arfa was going to do, so not making runs

Over reliance on the right wing / Ben Arfa making us very easy to mark / stifle

All the above leaving the midfield over worked and over run with no space to operate in.

In summary a totally unbalanced side.

I also said that the longer this was allowed to fester, the more demoralised players would become and the more our overall play would suffer. I also predicted that Injuries and Europe would become the scapegoats.

Had Pardew sorted all this out after a few games then we would be in a much better position. He didnt. He has stubbornly tried to make the unworkable work and has only really changed things when he has been forced into it by injuries or suspensions.

He has been reactive not proactive.

Now the injuries have mounted up, players are hiding and confidence is shot so even the younger lads coming in are playing with a bunch of older pros who have lost the winning / battling habit.

The only thing I can see getting us back on track is someone like Ba finding a great game from somewhere or a luck refereeing decision. Only then will the belief / fight return to the core pro's.

I'd go with:

---------------Krul

Simpson--Willo-Colo--Santon

--------------Tiote

-------Anita---------Gutierrez

Ba----------------------Marveaux

-------------Cisse

The 4-3-3 worked last time we beat this lot at the end of last season. Would be nice to see it at least tried instead of a stale 4-4-2 with two holding midfielders in the center and two wingers who can't cross and two strikers who can't play together.

This. Like I mentioned earlier, give it the first 45 and if Cisse is still crap in his supposed better position, swap him and Ba around. I still suspect we will go out in a useless 442 though.

Edited by DubiousBobcat

Wasn't that because it was a cup game against Man Utd? Wasn't he on the wing for the game at SJP?

And he delivered 3 good crosses in a run of about 3 games and has done fuck all else. You seem to view him as the team's saviour, with Marveaux not far behind who has even more to prove and needs more than a goal against Maritomo to do so.

No it was in the prem.

Those 3 good crosses were 3 assists, in a row

Now more than ever we need someone who can do that.

I think in the next year or so Anita will prove the better buy.

Nah, if he doesn't adjust immediately to playing in another country, in a superior league, for a team that doesn't play like Ajax does, then he must be a waste of money and it's all his and Pardew's fault.

Nah its more like seeing something about him that makes you think he can be an asset. An ability, an attribute that could make the guy shine. For instance with people like HBA, Santon etc even when they weren't playing well you could see there was some serious ability there that just needed time to come out.

Anyway Im not judging him yet. There have been too many very good players that have been slow in their first seasons. Im just waiting to see that bit of spark/ability from him. Havnet had much apart from that Europe Leaugue strike.

Edited by aimaad22

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial

#NUFC (4-4-2) v #Stoke: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Santon; Anita, Tiote, Perch, Gutierrez; Cisse, Ba.

#NUFC substitutes v #Stoke: Elliot, Tavernier, Ferguson, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Ranger.

Edited by Christmas Tree