Stoke City - Newcastle

Aeris

I have to make the threads if we don't want to lose. This is obviously a very important factor for winning/not losing games... maybe even the most important one.

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, what can we do tactical-wise to improve stuff? Seeing our best attacking players are missing atm, and we really just have to be creative with what we got. At least Colo is back for this one, could this mean turnaround?

Jonas is doing fuck-all, Sammy and Ferguson are just simply lacking skills, I'd put Ba and Marveaux on the wings for the first 45 and look how it goes. Cisse alone upfront to see if he can produce, if not - Cisse out, Ba on top, shit winger in.

For the midfield I think it's important we stay offensive, fuck all this defense-mindedness we have Colo back, but who do we have to put in those roles?

Anita is kinda deep offensive player, Tiote will be our safety button, and maybe Abeid, Amalfitano...or can Marveaux play in the hole?

What's your thoughts about how we can start producing things upfront?

Anyway, what can we do tactical-wise to improve stuff? Seeing our best attacking players are missing atm, and we really just have to be creative with what we got. At least Colo is back for this one, could this mean turnaround?

Jonas is doing fuck-all, Sammy and Ferguson are just simply lacking skills, I'd put Ba and Marveaux on the wings for the first 45 and look how it goes. Cisse alone upfront to see if he can produce, if not - Cisse out, Ba on top, shit winger in.

For the midfield I think it's important we stay offensive, fuck all this defense-mindedness we have Colo back, but who do we have to put in those roles?

Anita is kinda deep offensive player, Tiote will be our safety button, and maybe Abeid, Amalfitano...or can Marveaux play in the hole?

What's your thoughts about how we can start producing things upfront?

See, now this is the sort of stuff I'm willing to discuss. Tactically, how can Pardew do better with what's currently at his disposal?

First, defensively. Colo is back but Steven Taylor is out. You are forced again to use Mike Williamson- especially against Stoke. No good options but to swap Colo for Taylor in what was at best a mediocre defensive effort last time out.

It's a good question re: attacking/midfield- and frankly not an easy one given the dearth of talent that is available currently. There are really no options for creativity in the midfield. Though Wednesday, maybe the more important thing is to be physical in that part of the pitch since I don't see it being a pretty one. The best option seems to be to allow Anita to push forward a bit more than he has. I suppose you could argue for a 4-3-3 with Anita pushing forward in a triangle of sorts. Who sits behind him? You'd need to use Tiote (obviously) and Jonas- who has shown to be a real liability in this role already this season. Or you could try a youngster there, though none of them look up physically for the challenge that is Stoke. That leaves Ba playing the wing, and who plays the other wing? Shane Ferguson certainly unable to play at the Britannia in this sort of match- and I can't see Sammy or Marveux being up for it either.

Cisse looks all out of sorts, but I think given we have no alternative he has to start.

Marvuex in the whole in a 4-5-1/4-3-3? Still again you have the problem of a midfield that is going to be absolutely overrun and doesn't offer creativity.

There are a lot of questions. I don't see a lot of easy solutions if I'm the manager of this football team.

Suggesting we go with an offensive midfield is stillborn, Pardew would rather crash Fontes birthday party than letting his hair down again ( think wigan, Tottenham away).

Nope, likely another setup with two holding midfielders and jonas/obertan on the flanks. Ive seen less toothless displays at the local elderly home whenever supper is served.

Willo is twice the man when he's stood next to Colo rather than Taylor.

...probably prefer his heading ability to Pointy anyway, for this game at least.

Would be better with a Phil Oakley haircut.

Last season after losing we seemed to have the strength of character in the squad and togetherness to right the wrongs. This season the players don't seem to have that in them. Either a lack of confidence in themselves or one another, I'm not sure.

Can't see us getting nothing tomorrow. They've conceded 1 at home in the league this season and we've offered nowt offensively over 90 minutes since Chelsea away last season.

2-0 Stoke tomorrow.