Steven Taylor

JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howay man :lol: Some soggy paper bags have more resilience than our entire defence, you could find something for the whole team.

Some carpet bombings have more precision than Cisse.

Some garden sprinklers have more accurate distribution than Krul.

Some Dutch internationals have more desire than Sissoko...

:lol: Not that it isn't fun.

• 3 months later...

We need characters on the pitch. When you play for Newcastle, you need a bit of fruit and veg down there. Youve got to hold your own, and thats what I did go out there, out myself about, threw myself at everything, and yes, wind them up."

Its been quiet from what Ive seen in the last few months, so liven it up a bit. And it seemed to work on a few of their players they were moaning and it puts them off their game.

When youre not playing youre always going to be written off. Thats how it is, but I get on with it. I like to prove people wrong, Ive done that in all my years here, every time it comes round to contract negotiations, youre always written off. So I just get on with it, I play with my heart and soul, and graft, and make sure we get a result."

There are many years to come for me. Im feeling good, Ive got good people around us, keeping me fit and well now and thats my main thing, just playing football and getting that hunger back now thats the main thing for me."

Youve got to be hungry, and Ive been dying to get out there for ages so Im absolutely loving it."

You get some highs and lows, with injuries and little setbacks, but I rise from that and I prove myself by training hard. I never sulk, thats how Ive always been brought up to prove people wrong, prove everybody wrong.

My main thing is winning games. I said before the game win ugly. The fans, probably 5-10 minutes theyd have given us. If things werent going right, they could have turned on us."

I think we needed a reaction from the Everton game. It wasnt acceptable. We take the criticism and we accept that.

i agree. he's not that bad. he's timed his return to fitness well. he's a solid premier league centre half, and we are crying out for one of those right now. he just happens to be a sicknote with below average distribution and an inflated opinion of himself.

i agree. he's not that bad. he's timed his return to fitness well. he's a solid premier league centre half, and we are crying out for one of those right now. he just happens to be a sicknote with below average distribution and an inflated opinion of himself.

He's bang average, but that's better than nowt.

He's too try-hard for me, like a politician claiming to be into a band it just makes me cringe.

:lol:

i love how on one of them (i think after the second one on that video), and just after unveiling one of the worst bits of acting since tommy wissau in the room, he just gets up and looks at the ref and just walks off like it's a fair cop.

He's shite

he's alreet man as a 3rd or 4th choice centre half. he's experienced, decent defender with a physical presence. at least he can defend and win balls in the air. not the best on the ball, but not the worst player to have in reserve when you're first choice is crocked.

He's definitely not shite imo. He's miles better than Williamson and a hell of a lot of other central defenders we've had in the premier league. He's not anywhere near as good as Mbemba is or Colo was but he's a generally solid player. Yes he does have some stinkers on occassion but he also has some excellent games from time to time too. Shouldn't be first choice but if we was fit more he'd be a competent back up.

He's definitely not shite imo. He's miles better than Williamson and a hell of a lot of other central defenders we've had in the premier league. He's not anywhere near as good as Mbemba is or Colo was but he's a generally solid player. Yes he does have some stinkers on occassion but he also has some excellent games from time to time too. Shouldn't be first choice but if we was fit more he'd be a competent back up.

Tbh I think you're about the only person whose opinion I would take seriously who rates him. Even then you don't want him starting, which says quite a lot :lol: