Brighton V Newcastle

Christmas Tree

Appalling performance but the ref was worse.

Ameobi's two yellow cards were soft - why didn't Brighton players who commited worse offences on a regular occasion get yellow cards?

The Brighton fans reffed the match - plus where did their 20'000 extra fans come from?

Brighton didn't kill a giant today, they played a team in their £100m stadium where Wayne Bridge earns over £100'000 a week but it's the lack of heart that hurt me. We didn't want to be there, young lads didn't want to be playing for Newcastle united.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im fucking foaming today after this game like. I really shouldn't let them ruin my bastard weekend but I care, which is more than a single one of them fuckers do that played today. Reserves or not, they should be busting a fucking gut for that team to show the manager what they are made of. Local lads should feel 20ft tall playing for their home team in the FA Cup. Shola as captain FFS! He should have been sweating blood and screaming at players around him and leading by example. Effortless, shapeless, clueless and fucking pathetic. Really feel for those fans that went all that way today to watch that, they are the only ones that can leave that ground with their heads high. Deserve a refund and a big apology as well.

:angry2:

He didn't pick a team to win. It starts and stops right there.

Why are you pretending that we don't have a bunch of injuries (albeit I'm sure Cisse and Colo could have played today, whatever Pardew said about them having knocks)?

It's not like he's blessed with options at the moment. If we had our best 11 fit and put out the team we did today I'd be very critical.

As for our injured players, there was only Tavernier and Abeid who haven't had lots of premiership/European experience so let's not start down that road

So what if they've lots of experience (Dummett does? Sammy Ameobi does? Bigi does?)? Doesn't take away from the fact that they're inferior to other players in their positions that are at the club.

I'm not excusing the lack of desire (no doubt heavily influenced by low morale).

Why are you pretending that we don't have a bunch of injuries (albeit I'm sure Cisse and Colo could have played today, whatever Pardew said about them having knocks)?

It's not like he's blessed with options at the moment. If we had our best 11 fit and put out the team we did today I'd be very critical.

Honestly I can't be arsed to back and forward with you over a very simple point.

He CHOSE not to put out the best team he could.

Everything else is secondary.

Thank fuck I swerved that. Really feel for anyone who's come down. What a shower this year. All efforts must now be on staying up, which I think is 50:50.

It was 50/50 before today. Now it looks odds on.

Left back played him on but Williamson could see he was playing him on and let him get goal side, it was complete schoolboy error

Yep, as the senior centre back, its his line and he should be in control of it. If in doubt, drop deeper and actually defend the ball.

No real surprise how it turned out although we were particularly bad.

Appalled by Obertan. The bloke has no awareness of his team mates or the opposition. He has no heart.

Sammy was a wild card entry, but wild cards should be played alongside a more solid midfield.

Shite basically, but we have seen it all before.

Honestly I can't be arsed to back and forward with you over a very simple point.

He CHOSE not to put out the best team he could.

Everything else is secondary.

Because he KNOWS Mike is going to spend FUCK ALL so if players get injured like COLO & PAPISS they won't be replaced & we'll have to do without them in the LEAGUE which earns us more money.

It was 50/50 before today. Now it looks odds on.

:jesuswept:

We're missing a bunch of players, we'll add to the squad, there are at least three inferior teams to us.

I don't think our performance today says *that* much, in comparison to what our performance against Norwich will say.

Just watching the post match analysis - Probert didn't even fucking see the incident. Just turned round, saw a Brighton player on the floor and booked Shola.

That's appalling refereeing on both counts.

Not that it made a difference, we still would've lost this with 11 men but Jesus I can't remember many seasons where referees have been this inept on such a consistent basis.

:jesuswept:

We're missing a bunch of players, we'll add to the squad, there are at least three inferior teams to us.

I don't think our performance today says *that* much, in comparison to what our performance against Norwich will say.

Attitude dictated relegation last time - not personell.

Bigi is 19 and cost less than a million i don't think he was really meant to come in and be a force right away.

I'm probably being harsh but with the exception of Bigi, who I think has huge potential, if the rest of the young players are the ones we've been buying for the future, it doesn't bode well for the club.

Yes they're young and inexperienced but none of them looked like they were out there to impress.

It's also a cause for concern when Lua Lua looked twice the player Sammy A is and the club were happy for one to go and were touting the other as the future.

No surprise here, game littered with careless flicks and passes. Little or no creativity and another loss.

The exit of the lethargic, lumbering Amoeba seemed to do us a good turn as we began to threaten more in his absence.

Pardew's tactics are highly questionable, the Lone ranger is useless without Tonto and Tonto is in the happy hunting grounds. If we wait long enough Obertan might prove Pardew's faith in him is justified, but I don't think I'll be around that long.

This is not a Happy New Year so far and we're only 5 days innto it. And what's more I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to watch this crap.

Just watching the post match analysis - Probert didn't even fucking see the incident. Just turned round, saw a Brighton player on the floor and booked Shola.

That's appalling refereeing on both counts.

Not that it made a difference, we still would've lost this with 11 men but Jesus I can't remember many seasons where referees have been this inept on such a consistent basis.

I wonder if there's a collective subconscious bias against us thanks to the twin evils of Ashley and Wonga.

Wasn't really surprised with the result, A lot like our Europa League games where we create very little with average squad players. There really is a big gulf between our top 12-13 players and the rest of the squad.

Pardew did the right thing not risking the likes of Cisse and Colo today because if they got injured we'd be screwed. Our season is summed up by injuries and the fact our squad players don't create much and are very very average.

Debucy to come in and Cabaye and Taylor soon to be back from injury will change the look of the team and I believe we will start to climb the table which is important. Cups are secondary.

Wasn't really surprised with the result, A lot like our Europa League games where we create very little with average squad players. There really is a big gulf between our top 12-13 players and the rest of the squad.

Pardew did the right thing not risking the likes of Cisse and Colo today because if they got injured we'd be screwed. Our season is summed up by injuries and the fact our squad players don't create much and are very very average.

Debucy to come in and Cabaye and Taylor soon to be back from injury will change the look of the team and I believe we will start to climb the table which is important. Cups are secondary.

Spot on.

I'm probably being harsh but with the exception of Bigi, who I think has huge potential, if the rest of the young players are the ones we've been buying for the future, it doesn't bode well for the club.

Yes they're young and inexperienced but none of them looked like they were out there to impress.

It's also a cause for concern when Lua Lua looked twice the player Sammy A is and the club were happy for one to go and were touting the other as the future.

I thought Bigi could've played in Abeid instead of shooting but, blah blah. Bottom line was the players picked weren't up to it/weren't motivated and that starts with Pardew. I just don't buy our last three defeats in the cup, once is careless twice isn't and the third just takes the piss if I'm honest. Were Krul, Colo and Cisse truly injured? I'm fucking sick of this shit. Why do we accept mediocrity?