Colo Gogo

Banshee

It never changed once in the first 11 or so games though. After that players came into a winning team with the best defence in the league, confidence was high and breeds success. Totally different stepping into a relegation battle.

Exactly. Krul was a big reason we were such a solid unit aswell, he's been unlucky with injuries this year. Makes a big difference for a defender if they have full faith in their keeper, sadly Elliott doesn't fill anyone with much confidence IMO.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many legendary performances he's had - I don't want to see him back on principle. He has nothing to do with the future of this club, he's made his intentions clear.

If his flounce was based on anything that would be understandable, we would know about it.

Instead we've got dodgy translations of statements made overseas and no thanks or apology to us.

I am in the few who really doesn't believe we can get relegated . I dare even type in on here.

Edited by scoobos

As many legendary performances he's had - I don't want to see him back on principle. He has nothing to do with the future of this club, he's made his intentions clear.

If his flounce was based on anything that would be understandable, we would know about it.

Instead we've got dodgy translations of statements made overseas and no thanks or apology to us.

I am in the few who really doesn't believe we can get relegated . I dare even type in on here.

we can easily still be relegated if we fail to pick up points in our next three games. not a scenario that is out of the question given our recent performances.

http://www.independe....e-8447038.html

NUFC have been rocked by the request of their captain, Fabricio Coloccini, to leave the club during the January transfer window. The 30-year-old told club officials today that he wanted to return home to Argentina.

People on here said this wouldn't happen and was just media bullshit ....... hope so.

Could that be why he didn't play at Brighton?

what a loser banshee was :lol:

Sorry but... Eh?

Yes it is a very real possibility we will get relegated and Colo may help as a prevention for that. In the summer he can fuck right off - he isn't part of the future of this club no. But the future of this club may depend on a solid performance by him at the back. I'd happily sacrifice any would-be dignity, based on him wanting away, in refusing him a place in the team for the sake of staying in this league. To dismiss the possibility of relegation is ludicrous, though i appreciate that you wrote this before tonight's result.

Edited by ADP

I honestly still don't think Wigan have it in them to climb out. That's my bottom line , I'm not saying we are not absolutely shite at the moment - but it's not the same scenario as last time.

And yeah, I would like the club to show some dignity, I'm not happy with us looking like clowns in the Southern media every time we do anything. He's effectively ROBBED 6 months wage out the club, saying hes too injured to play then sitting on a jet for hours and going to the local footie ground hes been linked to.. Nah, I'm sorry colo I did love you, but now I'll see you next tuesday.

To be relegated we need to get 0 points to the end of the season, which is possible :(

BUT , Wigan need to get at least 2 wins or a win and 2 draws from:

West Brom Away, Swansea at home, Man City away and Arsenal away.

Maybe I'm hopelessly optimistic, but I reckon the jobs done on 37 this year - even though it looks close, with all the shite just hovering above it.

Maybe I'm hopelessly optimistic, but I reckon the jobs done on 37 this year - even though it looks close, with all the shite just hovering above it.

Firstly, Man City is a cup final, so there's no points available from that one.

Secondly, West Brom and Swansea are extremely beatable and I almost expect Wigan to pick up six points from those two games.

If we, as I expect, get nothing from West Ham, we could easily be in the bottom three by the time we play QPR.

All ifs and buts, but it's far from comfortable.

I honestly still don't think Wigan have it in them to climb out. That's my bottom line , I'm not saying we are not absolutely shite at the moment - but it's not the same scenario as last time.

And yeah, I would like the club to show some dignity, I'm not happy with us looking like clowns in the Southern media every time we do anything. He's effectively ROBBED 6 months wage out the club, saying hes too injured to play then sitting on a jet for hours and going to the local footie ground hes been linked to.. Nah, I'm sorry colo I did love you, but now I'll see you next tuesday.

To be relegated we need to get 0 points to the end of the season, which is possible :(

They only need 2 wins if we dont get another point. And 2 wins and a draw WILL be enough for them if we only get 1 point. Wigan's next 2 games are against clubs that have absolutely nothing to play for and are already thinking about the beach. Make no mistake. We are in DEEP trouble. 37 wont be enough in my opinion.

will you stop coming into my threads and making me look an arse;->

Man City <insert blush emoticon here>

I still reckon we're alright, but not comfortably obviously - but we're alright.

we're alright....we're alright.... - keep saying it, it helps.

I want Colo to play, couldn't give a fuck if pisses off back to Argentina after the season but I feel a lot more comfortable with him in Defence than Taylor.

Colo has only played with Mbiwa twice before, both in Europe (Metalist).

You'd have to play him with Taylor at a crucial moment like this, surely?....or Williamson.

Oh and don't knock Taylor :) He's a legend in the making - although he has his clangers - he's given us so many key tackles and goal line clearances this year - we'd be down already.

I absolutely love the way he so obviously holds pride and responsibility when he puts on a toon shirt. I'd pick him over a want away liar any day.

Unfortunately, by the looks of things, I reckon Villa could be safe by the time they play Wigan which would mean they would have nothing to play for.

Think Wigan have it in them to get 5-6 points from Swansea, West Brom, Villa, which would mean that we'd need a minimum of 2 draws to stay up.

If we win one of our games, reckon we have nothing to worry about, but that's a big IF.

Coloccini and Taylor (or even Williamson) have a great deal of experience playing alongside each other.

Coloccini plays the sweeper role with the other doing the big chunk of challenging for headers etc.

I'd have him in the team in an instant.

Unfortunately, by the looks of things, I reckon Villa could be safe by the time they play Wigan which would mean they would have nothing to play for.

Think Wigan have it in them to get 5-6 points from Swansea, West Brom, Villa, which would mean that we'd need a minimum of 2 draws to stay up.

If we win one of our games, reckon we have nothing to worry about, but that's a big IF.

Aye, don't want to go into the last match with villa safe, that's a nightmare scenario. We really need to get three points from West Ham or QPR.

Incidentally, that game against Wigan away was a travesty which may come back to fuck us over.

Dunno why people think Wigan are suddenly going to shoot to the top of the form table.

They have a knack of escaping and are playing a couple of teams that have over-achieved this year and therefore will have their foot on the break.

Im very worried.

Aye, don't want to go into the last match with villa safe, that's a nightmare scenario. We really need to get three points from West Ham or QPR.

Incidentally, that game against Wigan away was a travesty which may come back to fuck us over.

Yep. Didnt seem overly important in the grand scheme of things at the time.

They have a knack of escaping and are playing a couple of teams that have over-achieved this year and therefore will have their foot on the break.

Im very worried.

Wigan have never pulled back a 5 goal deficit with 4 games left.

They've either been several points clear of the relegation spots with games left anyway, or when they have been in the relegation places at this stage, it's been with the same points as other teams that weren't.

They do it every year man. They will win at least 2 games imo.

They did it last year, won 7 of their last 9.

But they haven't won any of their last 4, a similar run doesn't seem to be on the cards to me.