Colo Gogo

Banshee

"Fabricio Coloccini has told the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew that he will stay at the club next season.....

defender told his manager yesterday that he would be staying as a Newcastle player next season."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fabricio-coloccini-tells-alan-pardew-hell-stay-at-newcastle-next-season-8659917.html

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's not something I'm fully comfortable with - but on the pitch at least Colo has been a model pro so I'm delighted really.

Will aid Yanga-Mbiwa and a new CB's development in a way, less so in that they and/or Taylor will get less game time.

Talking of a new CB - why weren't we in for Lovren?

Yeah, it's not something I'm fully comfortable with - but on the pitch at least Colo has been a model pro so I'm delighted really.

Will aid Yanga-Mbiwa and a new CB's development in a way, less so in that they and/or Taylor will get less game time.

Talking of a new CB - why weren't we in for Lovren?

Because he's not worth the money Southampton have paid for him.

Well works out well for us, but it's a bit shambolic at the same time that our captain really doesn't want to be there :lol:

That's what worries me, is his heart really going to be in it? Every time he makes the slightest mistake now he'll get jumped on.

That's what worries me, is his heart really going to be in it? Every time he makes the slightest mistake now he'll get jumped on.

Don't really think there was any evidence of that last season. When he played everyone was happy about it.

I'll take your word for it, don't watch much Ligue 1. Thought he was highly rated though.

He had a shocker last season. I think Forren is better.

Glad he's staying, but think where we would have finished if he'd had his head in the game last season.

We still need another centre back though. MYM & Colo should be 1st choice in my opinion, but given the latter's suspect mindset I'd want Douglas (or whomever) to be confirmed sooner rather than later.

• 5 months later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9036260/transfer-news-newcastles-fabricio-coloccini-is-still-hoping-to-join-san-lorenzo

Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini is hankering for a return to Argentina at San Lorenzo 'as soon as possible'.

During an interview with Ole in his homeland, the experienced centre-half has reiterated his desire to return to his roots in the near future.

Coloccini openly admitted during the last winter transfer window that he was keen to head back to San Lorenzo - the club he supported as a child and one he spent a brief loan spell with in 2000/01.

No deal was put in place at that time, with Newcastle unwilling to let the 31-year-old break his contract.

That would appear to still be the case, with Alan Pardew aware of Coloccini's importance to the Magpies' cause, but the Argentina international is refusing to give up on his dream switch.

He told Ole: "You never know what can happen in football.

"In January we did all we could for a possible return to San Lorenzo, but I always made it clear that Newcastle would have the last word.

"The club have invested a lot in me and I must show respect towards them.

"I have to speak the truth, though, and I would like to return as soon as possible."

Wherever he ends up plying his trade, Coloccini hopes his domestic form will put him in contention for a place in Argentina's 2014 World Cup squad.

A man with 38 international caps to his name added: "You have to be patient.

"Alejandro Sabella is testing other players, he has used five new players in the recent friendly games, but I have the desire to be included on the final list."

Still got 3 years on his contract.

Guess he'll start playing silly beggars after the world cup.

Still can't see him going if we get nowt back.

Hope we've got scouts having a look at San Lorenzo for potential swaps.

He can fuck off with this shite again. (Providing its genuine)

Spot on, what a throbber he is if this is true.

I'd stick him in the reserves to rot if we could but as he's our best defender and our back ups to him are inconsistent we can't.