Massadio Haïdara signs for Newcastle on 5.5 year deal

Tooj

Didn't they say in the summer that the plan was to improve the bench rather than the first 11.

Common sense would say you improve the bench by bringing in such quality you knock players out of the first team onto it.

Frugality says otherwise.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You proved my point. Why buy kids from abroad for fees and wages when we have our own kids at home in the reserves and academy who would give their right nut to represent the club. I've seen Amalfitano 3 or 4 times now and been very unimpressed. I've seen Abeid more than that and been even less impressed. We are now paying 2.5mil for a kid who has fewer games under his belt than Ferguson and judging by the French journalists on Twitter has a long way to go before he's fit for purpose.

We are in dire need of first team players, not strength in depth with kids that may or may not be good in 3 or 4 years. The match against Mid table, championship team Brighton showed how well that policy is going so far

Maybe because our scouts rate him to be a better prospect than what we've got? Also that thing about the kids busting a gut is quite a myth as Ferguson and Sammy for me haven't shown that much of a desire when they've played. For whatever reason that might be.

Also from the reports coming out of France this lad seems to be very highly rated. For such a low fee I don't see a problem with taking the risk as Ferguson hasn't shown he's anywhere near the player our fat fingered friend from Boldon believes him to be.

Also are there any kids there who play in similar positions to Abeid and Amalfitano who are 'home grown' as you say and that you think are good enough?

I'm not arguing the toss with you. If you can't see how a club as tight as ours buying an unproven left back with the current state of our squad you should stick to chatting with CT

As long as it doesn't have an impact on elsewhere I don't see any problem with that do you?

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux

West Ham have made an offer of €3.5M for Massadio Haïdara. Newcastle made an offer of €3M rejected by Nancy. #WHFC #NUFC

You proved my point. Why buy kids from abroad for fees and wages when we have our own kids at home in the reserves and academy who would give their right nut to represent the club. I've seen Amalfitano 3 or 4 times now and been very unimpressed. I've seen Abeid more than that and been even less impressed. We are now paying 2.5mil for a kid who has fewer games under his belt than Ferguson and judging by the French journalists on Twitter has a long way to go before he's fit for purpose.

We are in dire need of first team players, not strength in depth with kids that may or may not be good in 3 or 4 years. The match against Mid table, championship team Brighton showed how well that policy is going so far

Eg-fuckin-zactly

We need first team players now if we don't want to go down. That means paying the going the rate ... a far smaller expense than relegation

GFNFrance ‏@GFN_France

RE: #Haidara. From what we understand, #Nancy initially accepted #NUFC offer but they retracted when they received #WHFC's better offer.

Eg-fuckin-zactly

We need first team players now if we don't want to go down. That means paying the going the rate ... a far smaller expense than relegation

Nobody is saying that we don't though.

This is getting ridiculous. Can't we keep a deal quiet?? Need to teach these cunts a lesson, make a big bid and get into a bidding war and then pull out and sign someone else. :lol: West Ham left holding a 6m bid for Hadeira. ;)

Edited by Park Life

GFNFrance ‏@GFN_France

RE: #Haidara. From what we understand, #Nancy initially accepted #NUFC offer but they retracted when they received #WHFC's better offer.

It'll come down to where the player wants to go then. If he wants to dig his heels in to join us then he will. Though I'm guessing that West Ham will offer better terms than we will.

This is getting ridiculous. Can't we keep a deal quiet?? Need to teach these cunts a lesson, make a big bid and get into a bidding war and then pull out and sign someone else. :lol: West Ham left holding a 6m bid for Hadeira. ;)

edit:bidding for someone else yes, but never sign....

It seems to be that clubs know we have a good scouting network so whoever we show interest in they will come in an hjack the bid.

Maybe they've cottoned onto this and our actual targets are 3rd or 4th choice. Let them fight over the dross.

Maybe they've cottoned onto this and our actual targets are 3rd or 4th choice. Let them fight over the dross.

Let's hope. I'm just counting on the fact we are keeping our real targets under wraps. Doesn't surprise me with West Ham.

Dodged a bullet, need centre backs not fullbacks.

We need a squad. Can't see that if we signed a cheap full-back this would stop us not looking for a centre half.