Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Motion of no confidence in Corbyn sent to Labour Party Chair apparently. Rayvin has no tears left to cry.

:lol:

I'm over it for what it's worth. I've been considering the implications of moving to Scotland all morning anyway.

Motion of no confidence in Corbyn sent to Labour Party Chair apparently. Rayvin has no tears left to cry.

I must confess to reading this thread since 6 am and must confess you have been on superb form. This last once had me virtually wetting myself. :lol:

Bravo

I'd actually support him going now, but only because the party no longer looks functional. It can't get everyone under one roof anymore, I think they might be stuffed.

Will our passports be invalid at the end of the 2 years? All passports now are EU ones arent they? Got European Union on the front anyway.

What's the impact on pharma going to be Chez? It's been mentioned we can expect massive disinvestment from the UK in this field.

I must confess to reading this thread since 6 am and must confess you have been on superb form. This last once had me virtually wetting myself. [emoji38]

Bravo

I'm the hero post-Brexit Britain needs.

I must confess to reading this thread since 6 am and must confess you have been on superb form. This last once had me virtually wetting myself. :lol:

Bravo

Congrats CT. You must be pleased.

Didn't he say his successor should decide on that. That coward wants nowt to do with it. It's the last day of term for him until he hands the reins over.

Just read Juncker saying its up to the new PM to start negotiations, so October at the earliest. What a cowardly cunt the best PM of CTs lifetime is.

Congrats CT. You must be pleased.

I am. But also aware that not everyone shares that view and some have very real individual fears. I'm taking the Boris approach rather than Farage.

I do think that the political apple cart has been chucked in the air, locally, nationally and across Europe and that this will lead to a lot less arrogance in the political class.

Personally I think it's going to be a very exciting decade and hopefully we end up with a much fairer system at all levels.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I'd agree with this.

EDIT - with the caveat of course that we all accept this is ultimately the Tories' fault.

lots of places to point your finger. cameron the ultimate scapegoat.

What's the story for you? Is becoming a French citizen a realistic prospect? Assume your employer would support and pay for the process?

I'll take wor lass up the eiffel tower and propose.

With 3 million EU citizens living in Britain and i think 1.2m Brits living abroad, then if France kicked out the Brits, they would have a problem if we retaliated so i think it will be absolutely fine. Also, legally the country you're in has to respect the rules when people moved (Vienna convention 1969?) so they cant retrospectively apply any new arrangements.

I'll take wor lass up the eiffel tower and propose.

With 3 million EU citizens living in Britain and i think 1.2m Brits living abroad, then if France kicked out the Brits, they would have a problem if we retaliated so i think it will be absolutely fine. Also, legally the country you're in has to respect the rules when people moved (Vienna convention 1969?) so they cant retrospectively apply any new arrangements.

She's got you over a barrel now though. "Pre nup? Eye don't seenk so! Sings are about to get treeeeees differont arouwnd here, Meester Geevurn".

Will our passports be invalid at the end of the 2 years? All passports now are EU ones arent they? Got European Union on the front anyway.

I'll be sailing through passport control with my Irish passport while the rest of you are stuck in the non-EU line.

What's the impact on pharma going to be Chez? It's been mentioned we can expect massive disinvestment from the UK in this field.

Depends on the specific situation. I think its a bit facile to point to the massive investments in Switzerland and say 'it hasnt harmed them' as in Switzerland (yes, this is true) companies negotiate their corporate tax rate with the Canton (not the government) based on employment predictions when setting up. Not exactly applicable to English / British law.

As saw from the $160bn deal with Pfizer and Allergan, its the domestic tax arrangement which drive corporate locations.

Sturgeon saying that Sadiq Khan wants London to remain part of the EU. [emoji38]

"I also be communicated over the weekend with each EU member state to make clear that Scotland has voted to stay in the EU and I intend to discussion all options for doing so.

I have also spoken this morning with [London] mayor Sadiq Khan and he is clear that he shares this objective for London, so there is clear common cause between us."

Sturgeon saying that Sadiq Khan wants London to remain part of the EU. [emoji38]

"I also be communicated over the weekend with each EU member state to make clear that Scotland has voted to stay in the EU and I intend to discussion all options for doing so.

I have also spoken this morning with [London] mayor Sadiq Khan and he is clear that he shares this objective for London, so there is clear common cause between us."

There has actually been discussion about London becoming a sovereign city state, almost impossible to imagine how this would work in practice though. Mind, there will be a lot of pissed off Londoners.