Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's beyond irresponsible that it's now official government policy that economic forecasts are "always wrong". Genuinely unbelievable to watch government ministers stand up and say we can just disregard them and plough on blindfolded. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's beyond irresponsible that it's now official government policy that economic forecasts are "always wrong". Genuinely unbelievable to watch government ministers stand up and say we can just disregard them and plough on blindfolded. 

This is what bothers me most. Complete abandonment of evidence based policy. I read some political tithead claimed economic forecasts are no better than astrology.

Which begs the question, if this is true, and there is no evidence that can guide our decision making, then what the fuck is the po8nt of the government anyway? May as well elect a blind monkey with a bingo machine.

Any government that abandons evidence based policy is doomed to fail and take the country down with them. Fucking idiots. 

This pretty much nails it:

May's dithering could lead to Brexit deal being 'meaningless waffle', says former Brexit minister

Here are some proper excerpts for Lord Bridges of Headley’s speech. It is probably the highlight of the Lords debate so far.

Bridges, a former Brexit minister, criticised ministers for failing to answer “basic” questions about what it wants from Brexit. He said

"What is the country we wish to build once we have left the European Union? Only once we have answered this question can we properly and fully answer the second question - what agreement do we want to strike with the European Union? What do we value more, parliamentary sovereignty and control, or market access and trade?

Four months on, and there are still no clear answers to these basic, critical questions. All we hear, day after day, are conflicting, confusing voices. If this continues, and ministers cannot agree among themselves on the future relationship the Government wants, how can this prime minister possibly negotiate a clear, precise heads of terms for the future relationship with the EU?"

He said he was worried that all that would be agreed by October on the future trade relationship would be “meaningless waffle”. That would amount to “a gang plank into thin air”, he said.

" My fear is that we will get meaningless waffle in a political declaration in October. The implementation period will not be a bridge to a clear destination. It will be a gang plank into thin air.

The “political declaration” due in October is the bit that will describe the framework for a future trade relationship. David Davis, the Brexit secretary, says it will contain the substance of a UK-EU trade deal, but EU says the actual trade deal will only come after Brexit and it has implied that the political declaration on the future trade relationship will be very general."

Bridges said the UK could end up having access to the EU, but without any say over EU legislation and regulation.

The EU will have the initiative in the second stage of the negotiations and we shall find ourselves forced to accept a deal that gives us access to EU markets, but without UK politicians having a meaningful say over swathes of legislation and regulation.

“Some may say this outcome would not be the end of the world. Some may say it’s inevitable.

My point today is this. At this pivotal moment in our history, we cannot, we must not, indulge in that very British habit of just muddling through. With under 300 working days until we leave the European Union, we need to know the government’s answers to these simple questions."

He said ministers had to be honest with the public and make choices.

" The government must be honest with themselves and the public about the choices we face. And then the Prime Minister and her cabinet must make those choices. As has been said, to govern is to choose, and as we face the biggest challenge this country has faced since the Second World War, keeping every option open is no longer an option."

That fucking stupid bitch telling Merkel to "make me an offer", probably with that weird squinty face she does when she's trying to sound human. She is grossly incompetent. Produce analysis of the outcomes and make a decision in the best interests of the country, you fucking arsehole. Its no skin off the EU's nose what you end up with. 

I fucking hate these cunts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That fucking stupid bitch telling Merkel to "make me an offer", probably with that weird squinty face she does when she's trying to sound human. She is grossly incompetent. Produce analysis of the outcomes and make a decision in the best interests of the country, you fucking arsehole. Its no skin off the EU's nose what you end up with. 

I fucking hate these cunts. 

"make me an offer" said with a squinty face is fuck all compared to her "tell me about it, stud" comment she made to Trump before dropping her tab on the pavement and stubbing it out with her stiletto heel.

• Haha 2

Rees-Mogg has been on telly a decent amount today. In a double breastfed suit that's at least three sizes too big with his hair in a classic oddball side parting. Imagine being a young Conservative and thinking this tit was someone to look up to. I'd love to kick him in the balls. 

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

As I said above, this isn't just the government, specifically it is the Department for Exiting the European Union. Are they in the business of promoting project fear?

And we will continue to trade with other countries, just less than we could have otherwise. So you've voted for the country to be worse off, well done.

Shafted his kids too, tit for tat after the happy ending. 

41 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Rees-Mogg has been on telly a decent amount today. In a double breastfed suit that's at least three sizes too big with his hair in a classic oddball side parting. Imagine being a young Conservative and thinking this tit was someone to look up to. I'd love to kick him in the balls. 

He's got a podcast called Moggcast. Go and fuck yourself. :lol: Can you IMAGINE subscribing to that ffs

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

There'll be enough sad, sad, oh so fucking desperately sad bastards that'll fall for the manufactured eccentric bullshit and will lap it up. See that fraud Johnson.

Aye but as an attempt at a youth movement (in particular) to rival the support amongst that demographic for Corbyn it’s been a complete failure. The Tories’ membership, especially in the younger age bracket is pretty pitiful. Agree that some knackers will buy into the image but it appears to have (to use your phrase) all been a bit too manufactured 

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

You’ve got to be a spectacularly sad bastard to be a young conservative 

I work with one. Pro nuclear weapons, pro NHS privatisation, anti EU, won't drink caffeine because it's poison but gets 2 sausage sandwiches from a nearby burger van for his lunch. I've only been there 2 weeks and 4 different people have told me that everyone hates him. A new lass started on Monday and recognised him from his old job somewhere and said he was universally hated there too.

You've got to kind of admire someone who is prepared to stick to their principles in the face of that kind of hatred though :lol: Maybe that's one of the things that separates Tories from the rest of us. Unswerving self belief in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

26 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I work with one. Pro nuclear weapons, pro NHS privatisation, anti EU, won't drink caffeine because it's poison but gets 2 sausage sandwiches from a nearby burger van for his lunch. I've only been there 2 weeks and 4 different people have told me that everyone hates him. A new lass started on Monday and recognised him from his old job somewhere and said he was universally hated there too.

Probably pales into insignificance when compared with how much he hates himself.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

And yet it’s the hard left that has a problem with Jews in this country and is continually hounding women MP’s of all political persuasion. Cunts come in many disguises imo.

Yeah it's not just the hard left that has a problem with Jews and the continuous hounding of women CT :lol: It's not like the far right is "woke" on this shit.

I mean, didn't we have a Tory MP at that charity groping event the other week?