Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol: 22% of our nurses are foreign you fucking buffoon.

And you’re the one crowing on about unemployment figures. Do you want vacancies to go unfilled in order to reduce immigration.

Try reading it again in the morning when you’ve sobered up.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye I'm with you here. Easier to get somebody motivated to work for a pittance when there's people willing to do it because it's triple what they earn at home. In the same way a malnourished kid would probably shine my shoes more enthusiastically than ewerk would if I offered £2. 

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Where?

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Of course it’s to do with the EU. There was a massive unemployed workforce sitting in Poland who are delighted to come and do the jobs for a fraction of the cost. 

Can you imagine the uproar if we did we did this in the NHS and suddenly started paying nurses half their current pay. 

Its happening all all over the private sector.

Controlling our own immigration needs will stop this and make firms pay a bit more and have to consider their business models and workforce a bit more.

Did some thick mackem sit in the back of your grotty cab and tell you that fuckin bollocks? Who says there's a huge unemployed labour force in Polish shipbuilding? Speaking as some who has worked  directly with Eastern European nationals in an English shipyard I can assure you that your informant and you are talking shite. The trouble with UK shipbuilding labour is that all the skills have been lost due to the virtual abandonment of large scale shipbuilding here in the last 50 years. No apprenticeships mean no skills passed on, which means a need for foreign labour. Yes, they're paid less, yes, they're stuffed into houses. But the need for them is fuck all to do with the EU.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Try reading it again in the morning when you’ve sobered up.

You claim that there would be an uproar if we were to bring in foreign nurses yet that is exactly what we’ve done.

And no I haven’t been drinking but thanks for your concern.

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did some thick mackem sit in the back of your grotty cab and tell you that fuckin bollocks? Who says there's a huge unemployed labour force in Polish shipbuilding? Speaking as some who has worked  directly with Eastern European nationals in an English shipyard I can assure you that your informant and you are talking shite. The trouble with UK shipbuilding labour is that all the skills have been lost due to the virtual abandonment of large scale shipbuilding here in the last 50 years. No apprenticeships mean no skills passed on, which means a need for foreign labour. Yes, they're paid less, yes, they're stuffed into houses. But the need for them is fuck all to do with the EU.  

UK unemployment is just 0.1% less than in Poland FTR. But CT won’t let that get in the way of his xenophobia.

Just now, ewerk said:

Who exactly were you referring to when you said they’d work for a pittance?

I wasn't complaining though I was explaining the reasons for them being more motivated to work for pittance. And that was after your work ethic statement not before like you said 

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And no I haven’t been drinking

Only latte after latte. You wouldn't understand what it's like for working-class people who've never seen the inside of a Costa before.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s a true story bruv, direct from workers old and new.

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

You claim that there would be an uproar if we were to bring in foreign nurses yet that is exactly what we’ve done.

And no I haven’t been drinking but thanks for your concern.

No, I said bring in foreign nurses and PAY THEM HALF THE WAGE ;)

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yeah the same things were said round pompey by the same daft fuckers who thought there was a job centre full of unemployed welders and pipefitters outside the dock gate.  The same daft fuckers that thought they personally should get all the work because theyre British, regardless of the needs of the contract or of the business in general. 

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah the same things were said round pompey by the same daft fuckers who thought there was a job centre full of unemployed welders and pipefitters outside the dock gate.  The same daft fuckers that thought they personally should get all the work because theyre British, regardless of the needs of the contract or of the business in general. 

Well may be the case in Pompey but here it’s been a case of British well paid workers being let go and replaced with polish lads on a pittance by comparison.

Your point would have some standing if these polish lads were coming in on the same wages but it’s pretty clear (as Blair wanted) that this is just a money making scheme for a select few.

Why do you keep arguing with this fuckwit? He knows the square root of fuck all, does not accept facts and will make shit up on the spot to prove his point. EU workers come in to Britain because we need them, if the jobs weren't there they wouldn't. Britain has a huge skills shortage in construction, Thatcher killed the shipyards and most young people are now working in tech.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Aye a story, told to you verbally, which you can't back up. Just like stories about how EU immigrants are given council houses and benefits preferentially to indiginous people. Xenophobic bullshit.

You're an interesting case study on this whole mess. Ignore data. Ignore statistics. Ignore experts. Just believe any old shit to back up your prejudice.

In the interests of balance, I'm not saying there might not be isolated cases of what you claim happening, possibly illegally. But if it were a widespread problem, there would be evidence of this you could provide. As usual, you can't.

Edited by Renton

Well, I work in the NHS CT, and my wages have fallen about 15% in real terms since the Tories took office. Incidentally, the much heralded pay increase NHS employees are getting won't benefit the 50% of workers on top of their bands, but I digress.

Now, do I blame the EU for this or an ongoing decade of austerity from Whitehall? Hmmm, tricky one.  

Well may be the case in Pompey but here it’s been a case of British well paid workers being let go and replaced with polish lads on a pittance by comparison.

Your point would have some standing if these polish lads were coming in on the same wages but it’s pretty clear (as Blair wanted) that this is just a money making scheme for a select few.

So this is A&P in Hebburn am guessing? 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, I work in the NHS CT, and my wages have fallen about 15% in real terms since the Tories took office. Incidentally, the much heralded pay increase NHS employees are getting won't benefit the 50% of workers on top of their bands, but I digress.

Now, do I blame the EU for this or an ongoing decade of austerity from Whitehall? Hmmm, tricky one.  

Not to mention the 6% headline figure is over 3 years or 2%, ie not even as much as the rate of inflation. It’s a softened real terms pay cut in other words 

And as for the stuff about training welders and apprentices etc it’s no wonder that employers want to take the cheaper route of importing cheap labour rather than the expense of training people up.

The almost complete end of UK shipbuilding has fuck all to do with the EU and freedom of movement.