Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/immigration-and-jobs-labour-market-effects-immigration/?utm_source=content_page&utm_medium=related_content

There you go, Renton. The key things I took from my quick glance was that if EU immigration has an effect on wages it is small and those most affected are those who themselves are immigrants resident in the country, not UK born and bred.

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's funny because at the time of the referendum I remember distinctly and categorically CT insisted his vote wasn't about immigration. And now it is. 

Cult leader has spoken on this very issue this week.. ..do we need to know any more? :cuppa:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So in conclusion to this dreary debate.

Everything posted confirms my position that immigration has lowered the wages of the worse off and increased the wages of the well off. 

Fuck me. :rolleyes:

If you read the report fuckwit you would realise they are actually talking about non eu immigration.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Another 'great' day at CT towers :lol:

He gets taken to the cleaners every time :lol: 

He’s gone full “Daniel Hannan” this time though; he’s tried to make out it’s about trade, sovereignty and liberty for years but the mask has now slipped, exposing the true face of just another tired old bigot. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He gets taken to the cleaners every time :lol: 

He’s gone full “Daniel Hannan” this time though; he’s tried to make out it’s about trade, sovereignty and liberty for years but the mask has now slipped, exposing the true face of just another tired old bigot. 

Aye there are certain types of racism I can respect but this is beyond the pale

• Haha 1

Speaking at a Chatham House event in London, Ms Thornberry said there was no chance everything would have been negotiated by the time of the promised vote.

"So the question then is what's the nature of the divorce," she said.

"If past evidence of the last few months is anything to go on, it's going to be a 'blah blah blah' divorce."

She predicted the government would "continue to kick things down the road", adding: "So the difficulty is going to be with the meaningful vote in October which we have secured, is that what is it that we are going to be agreeing on - so we have six tests, if you hold up blah blah blah to six tests it will probably pass it."

She added that she hoped for a general election in the meantime to give her party the chance to take over.

That's basically an acceptance of the government's policy of kicking the can down the road. Thereby ensuring that there's no meaningful vote in October. It has already been proven that two of Labour's six tests will not be met yet the shadow Foreign Secretary is suggesting that the opposition will simply roll over and go along with whatever is negotiated regardless.

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's basically an acceptance of the government's policy of kicking the can down the road. Thereby ensuring that there's no meaningful vote in October. It has already been proven that two of Labour's six tests will not be met yet the shadow Foreign Secretary is suggesting that the opposition will simply roll over and go along with whatever is negotiated regardless.

How on earth do you arrive at her conclusion from the preceding sentences? If your "tests" pass when handed any old shit then they're bad tests, for fucks sake I'd be sacked if I took that approach to testing stuff.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

In a BBC style interests of balance, let's hear CT's list of things that the EU have rolled over on.

Wanted 100 billion, getting 37

No phase 2 til Ireland agreed...

Permanent ECJ jurisdiction over citizens.... only 8 years

No bespoke trade deal... Now getting bespoke trade deal.

All more important than the Guardians soundbites.

Feel free to dig out my Brexit check list. All boxes still ticked.