Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Test 2, that we will retain "the exact same benefits" (aka cake and eat it) was literally discounted by May in her last speech.

Fuck me, I think I hate Labour even more than the conservatives at the moment. 

On 29/06/2016 at 22:26, Christmas Tree said:

I can only give you my wish list / thoughts rattling in my head that made me come to my decision.

Would like (In no order)

Access to single market for trade and services

Control over immigration / borders

Free trade deals with rest of world

Sovereignty over our own laws / policies (eg Democratic accountability / vat on fuel)

Separation from an union that wants to expand further geographically and politically.

Separation from the unstable Eurozone and the problems we could get dragged into financially and due to free movement.

UK decision on TTIP

It's late, I may have missed some off.

Now you will tell me I can't have all them based on current relationships and what is currently being said by the EU. But that's for the negotiations to sort out.

Even if we had to have free movement of people, the other stuff would be worth it, however imo they will have to deliver something on immigration otherwise a certain section of the 52% will be unhappy.

The only big problem for me is the level of pain we have to endure to get there. If it's "choppy waters" that can be controlled then my vision of the end game will be worth it. If it's a disaster ours few years, then that's a heavy price to pay that wouldn't sit well with me.

I appreciate that if you don't think the majority of that list is a good place to be, then no choppy waters to get there would be acceptable.

I also bare in mind this is a left leaning board and there have been lots of comments about Tories pinching holiday time off etc. Naturally I don't see any of that happening, particularly given the bloody nose the political class have just been given.

Anyway, an honest view. Right or wrong, time will tell.

There you go :)

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Wanted 100 billion, getting 37 - Where did they ever state £100bn? 

No phase 2 til Ireland agreed... - Backstop has been agreed.

Permanent ECJ jurisdiction over citizens.... only 8 years - You got a link to that claim? Theresa May has also climbed down on the Leave promise that EU jurisdiction on the UK would end in 2019.

No bespoke trade deal... Now getting bespoke trade deal. - We're getting a bespoke trade deal in the way that any third country can get a bespoke trade deal with the EU.

All more important than the Guardians soundbites.

Feel free to dig out my Brexit check list. All boxes still ticked.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

There you go :)

Access to single market for trade and services...Already got with membership

Control over immigration / borders...Already got as not part of Schengen

Free trade deals with rest of world...Already got now not going to get outside of EU as in a weaker position.

Sovereignty over our own laws / policies (eg Democratic accountability / vat on fuel)..Already got UK added VAT on Fuel

Separation from an union that wants to expand further geographically and politically....Scotland wants that too

Separation from the unstable Eurozone and the problems we could get dragged into financially and due to free movement....Not part of the Eurozone which is looking increasingly more stable than the pound right now

UK decision on TTIP...Unfortunately we will get this and the decision will be "yes please and push it in hard without the lube"

You are one of the thickest cunts I have ever known and I was in the army.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Access to single market for trade and services - Absolutely nothing has been agreed with access for services looking particularly vulnerable. We won't have totally free access given the UK's red lines.

Control over immigration / borders - Brilliant. We currently have businesses and pro-Leave MPs complaining that we can't get the European labour we need.

Free trade deals with rest of world - We had that within the EU. Once we leave we have zero.

Sovereignty over our own laws / policies (eg Democratic accountability / vat on fuel) - Whoopdeefuckingdoo

Separation from an union that wants to expand further geographically and politically. - We had freedom to prevent closer political movement. There is currently little chance of significant geographical enlargement in the near future.

Separation from the unstable Eurozone and the problems we could get dragged into financially and due to free movement. - We were already out of the Eurozone. A Eurozone that is currently performing better than the UK economy.

UK decision on TTIP - That decision has already been made.

On 6/29/2016 at 22:26, Christmas Tree said:

Separation from an union that wants to expand further geographically and politically.

Why's this bad?

:icon_lol:

CT demonstrating the intellectual capabilities of a typical leaver. And still he can't provide a sing unequivocal benefit of Brexit other than (in his mind) keeping the EU foreigners out of Sunderland (all 2% of them).

24 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Access to single market for trade and services...Already got with membership

Control over immigration / borders...Already got as not part of Schengen

Free trade deals with rest of world...Already got now not going to get outside of EU as in a weaker position.

Sovereignty over our own laws / policies (eg Democratic accountability / vat on fuel)..Already got UK added VAT on Fuel

Separation from an union that wants to expand further geographically and politically....Scotland wants that too

Separation from the unstable Eurozone and the problems we could get dragged into financially and due to free movement....Not part of the Eurozone which is looking increasingly more stable than the pound right now

UK decision on TTIP...Unfortunately we will get this and the decision will be "yes please and push it in hard without the lube"

You are one of the thickest cunts I have ever known and I was in the army.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Why's this bad?

I don't think leavers give a shit about this really. I could see some left wingers branding it imperialistic but the only possible issue that the right could have with it is that they might end up being told what to do by 'foreign' people if the EU actually becomes a federation of states.

Objectively, a federation of states would be ideal for the EU, to protect our interests in a time of super states and economic wars.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:  The state of some of these comments and you wonder why no one listens to the middle class and their “experts” and why you’re been dragged of Nanny Junkers teet by the working class. :lol:

You keep using middle class as a stick to beat working class boys who have very good jobs. Whereas you on the other hand are a "middle class" knob with a shit job.

• Like 1

You heard the way he talks, man? About 90% of the board are 1) more working class than him and 2) more concerned about the working class than him.

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:  The state of some of these comments and you wonder why no one listens to the middle class and their “experts” and why you’re been dragged of Nanny Junkers teet by the working class. :lol:

The comments that refute your bullshit? Every argument you've made regarding Brexit has been thoroughly responded to using logic and fact. The :lol: is the sign of a beaten man.

Shall we expose one further lie from CT while we're at it. It wasn't the urban working class that did this. By and large it was the English Tory cunts of the shires, mainly in the rural south. CT's masters. 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Shall we expose one further lie from CT while we're at it. It wasn't the urban working class that did this. By and large it was the English Tory cunts of the shires, mainly in the rural south. CT's masters. 

Not even rural - all of the south east London commuter towns and villages outside the inner city. 

Funny thing is nearly everyone I work with who mentioned it were remainers but their neighbours were majority leavers - obviously biased by old/retired racists. 

6 hours ago, Renton said:

It is ridiculous. We have a lot of friends in Buckinghamshire,most of them elderly. They all always came up with strange ideas about the EU and why the UK should leave to go back to the good old times. The Chilterns are very rural and housing prices are ridiculous high, but they are complaining about the countryside being overcrowded by foreigners. It is simply ridiculous.

But worse are the children of them - some being the godparents of our kids- who didn’t bother to vote so not to upset their parents. They are anxious about the future of their kids - our godchildren - now but were not big enough to voice their own opinion.

It really does drive me crazy discussing their stupidity and negligence. You need a lot of alcohol to do it tbh...

It’s been a great British tradition for some time, first practiced by our glorious leaders, to blame the EU for stuff that is a domestic issue 

Been catching up, as someone who works in the construction industry in Manchester. Would love to know where all these low paid, well skilled foreigners are. We could do with a fair few on our sites. PM me babe