Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Quite possibly if we haven't reached an agreement with the EU on our withdrawal. And I don't see how we can given the amendments that passed last night.

There's no chance that this is the government's plan, is there...?

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have found that I'm in a blinding rage about this today, and I'm not actually 100% sure it's merited. Is Brexit going to fall apart or have we basically just secured 'No Deal'.

Theres not enough votes in parliament for no deal. It can’t happen.

It would be a huge gamble to take. There's no guarantee that the EU won't be sick of our incompetence and refuse to extend Art. 50, it only takes one member state to do that.

What I don't understand is that the government would have had the numbers to defeat the ERG amendments, it's a mystery as to why they agreed to them. No. 10 states that they're in line with the Chequers Agreement but no one else seems to think that that is true. 

I think they're just trying to get through to the summer recess in one piece.

So you think it's more delaying of the inevitable. It really is shambolic though, and it is ludicrous that Corbyn hasn't called for the government to push back for a GE. There should be votes of no confidence all over the place.

It's a government with absolutely no power. They're constantly on the back foot reacting to others rather than pushing through a clear plan.

It's an impossible conundrum and the government in inevitably going to crash and burn. We can only hope it comes sooner rather than later because the clock keeps on ticking down to March 2019.

I actually think we may be better letting the hard Brexiters in now to run the country. They will try and fail to push through a hard Brexit that parliament will not back. It may actually be better for remainers to be the ones shouting from the sidelines.

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Theres not enough votes in parliament for no deal. It can’t happen.

Fuck off, you fat little cunt

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I actually think we may be better letting the hard Brexiters in now to run the country. They will try and fail to push through a hard Brexit that parliament will not back. It may actually be better for remainers to be the ones shouting from the sidelines.

Are any of them likely to put themselves forward though? ..... they need a patsy, but am not sure there's one out there....

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Are any of them likely to put themselves forward though? ..... they need a patsy, but am not sure there's one out there....

It depends whether they’re true believers that a hard Brexit can work for the country or whether they’re charlatans working for their own personal benefit.

I reckon Nadine Dorries is stupid enough to take the role.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Does the public really need convincing anymore though?

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

The public needs quite a lot of convincing.

Indeed, I'd go so far as to say the public cannot be convinced.

Possibly, but there is a huge problem with wording in those questions. You can't really sell a "bad" deal. Also hard Brexit is not no deal. Hard Brexit presumably involves some  partipation in regulatory bodies, a transition deal, and some form of FTA. Economically horrific but I'd  expect planes to continue to fly and some trade to continue. No deal on the other hand is literally an existential problem for the country, the ramifications are too severe to even contemplate. 

Problem is, it's literally impossible to even educate MPs about the facts of the matter. Our political system has irretrievably broken down. 

Edited by Renton

I'm starting to think no deal might be better for a decent future - no flights, food shortages, factory shutdowns and gridlocked Kent might have the effect of waking people up from this imbecilic stupor. 

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol: 

Fucking pathetic. What an absolute set of cunts.

The state of our politicians, every last one of them deserves to be in the fucking sea. Its infuriating to feel so utterly powerless in this situation, they'll all still be there in one way or another regardless of another referendum or another GE and not one of them deserves to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I'm starting to think no deal might be better for a decent future - no flights, food shortages, factory shutdowns and gridlocked Kent might have the effect of waking people up from this imbecilic stupor. 

I'm actually beginning to agree. Problem is it will cause huge damage for a generation. Plus these frothing gammons are mainly retired with mortgages paid up, people like CT. They're not going to affected as much, will blame the EU, and double down on their stubbornness. 

It's almost like you had a chance to find a consensus that might have actually benefited the country you live in but chose not to because of your football politics team :dunno: