Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This isn't project fear, it's government policy.

And the former two are the logical conclusions of that.  But reason - it's not for everyone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck me :lol:

Project fear 2.0 up and running and sending @Renton to his bunker.

Civil unrest

Troops on the street

food shortages

Super gonorrhoea 

Have we had word yet that BMW’s, Audi’s and champagne will run out.

Have a fucking word with yourselves you big Jessie’. You’ve all got Stockholm syndrome :lol:

Laughing at what will be the plight of people you couldn't give two shites about too.

Fuck off, you small-minded, horrible Cory Tunt.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

You really think civil unrest is a possibility? On what basis?

If we have another referendum and the vote is Remain, what can the Leavers actually point to? The only possible point they could make is that a lot of people are now better informed and that this democratic result overturns one where we had less information about the outcomes, and fewer people understood any of the implications at all. How do you logically build up support for such a stupid contention?

They can point to "betrayal" which they be been doing for months already. Farage incited violence within a week of the referndum if negotiations  didnt go his way, some shit like " I SHOULD IMAGINE THE PATRIOTIC PEOPLE OF BRITAIN WOULD TAKE TO THE STREETS!"  But it's odds on that it's no deal now so all we can look forward to is the Kent lorry park and me dying from an asthma attack because my preventer inhaler is manufactured in France :cuppa:

I know that CT comes out with this nonsense but for an elected member of parliament to say it is ridiculous.

a. If we want to trade under WTO then we have to enforce border checks. Thems the rules.

b. Say we unilaterally waive all border checks and the trucks and containers continue rolling into the country, they can't get out! The EU will continue checks on their side and there will be massive delays in returning the means of transport.

How is this difficult to understand?

59 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I know that CT comes out with this nonsense but for an elected member of parliament to say it is ridiculous.

a. If we want to trade under WTO then we have to enforce border checks. Thems the rules.

b. Say we unilaterally waive all border checks and the trucks and containers continue rolling into the country, they can't get out! The EU will continue checks on their side and there will be massive delays in returning the means of transport.

How is this difficult to understand?

Tbh this is why I'm not overly concerned by a dangerous level of food or medicine shortages. In the event of no deal, we will trigger an emergency WTO exemption and waive imports through unilaterally. However, EU can't and won't reciprocate so the wagons will return on RoRo ferries empty. The wagons will be driven by EU companies as our licenses won't be valid.

So no immediate starvation, but economic collapse nevertheless. Our export market will cease to operate. 

Yeah but how do you get the trucks out at the other side? There will be massive delays for haulage at the other side and therefore delays in lorries getting restocked in Europe and coming back again not to mention the incredible disruption to sea traffic.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but how do you get the trucks out at the other side? There will be massive delays for haulage at the other side and therefore delays in lorries getting restocked in Europe and coming back again not to mention the incredible disruption to sea traffic.

You get them off quickly as they will literally have no stock on them and will be driven by EU licensed drivers. Doesn't take long to check an empty truck. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

You get them off quickly as they will literally have no stock on them and will be driven by EU licensed drivers. Doesn't take long to check an empty truck. 

You reckon? Checking trucks, whether empty or not, takes time. When you've got very limited space to do so it doesn't take long for a backlog to grow with obvious knock on effects.

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You reckon? Checking trucks, whether empty or not, takes time. When you've got very limited space to do so it doesn't take long for a backlog to grow with obvious knock on effects.

I think checking an empty truck is quite quick and is already done for illegal immigrants. Agree that even this option will take time. That's why the M26 is being requisitioned as a car park. Marvellous contingency planning. 

It will take time and not all the lorries landing in the EU will be empty, most of them will be full as it's unlikely that international shipping firms won't have a load going both ways.

On 30/07/2018 at 13:38, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck me :lol:

Project fear 2.0 up and running and sending @Renton to his bunker.

Civil unrest

Troops on the street

food shortages

Super gonorrhoea 

Have we had word yet that BMW’s, Audi’s and champagne will run out.

Have a fucking word with yourselves you big Jessie’. You’ve all got Stockholm syndrome :lol:

Take a pinch of fat cunt

Wrap it up in pig skin

Add a pair of fat tits

And a little bitty fifty IQ

• Haha 3