Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, predictable as fuck, and gormless twats will agree with them, despite this being predicted (you know who you are). 

Honestly, I think the EU know this too and are prepared. I think the when Tusk made those comments last month it was the sign the game is up, they are prepared for no deal to happen. I also think some countries probably want us out now, so personally I am pessimistic of an A50 extension even if parliament agree it. I mean, what's the point of it? More of this shit, just delaying the inevitable? 

Meanwhile the word from Brussels is they think Cox is an even bigger a prick than Raab or Davis. You can just imagine what he's been like in these "negotiations". 

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was always going to end this way with the government/leavers blaming the EU for not coming up with a unicorn as the UK demanded.

Love the immediate response to this tweet as well. 

UK imperialist xenophobia. 
1. UK decides to leave
2. No attempt by May at consensus in HoC
3. May sets redlines
4. May agrees backstop Dec 2017
5. May agrees legal text of Withdrawal Agreement
6. May votes against her WA

Yet it is EU's fault they do not abandon Ireland & GFAP

The even more ridiculous thing is that the backstop was designed by the UK. It was a concession by the EU to grant a UK wide customs union that the UK are now saying is unacceptable. Fucking farcical.

• Haha 1

The lack of honesty from the politicians regarding this after all this time is nothing short of a disgrace. But you also have to blame so many people for being so fucking stupid. The truth isn’t particularly difficult to find but loads of these knackers who seem to distrust the establishment and mainstream politicians are ready to believe the first Facebook meme that reinforces their prejudices instead of conducting some basic research. 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

The lack of honesty from the politicians regarding this after all this time is nothing short of a disgrace. 

Well not just Brexit. I think that the NI Secretary Karen Bradley just about nails it here, 'I never intended to give anyone the impression that I believed what I said'. :lol: 

D1IP7d_WwAEVELW.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Well not just Brexit. I think that the NI Secretary Karen Bradley just about nails it here, 'I never intended to give anyone the impression that I believed what I said'. :lol: 

D1IP7d_WwAEVELW.jpg

What the actual fuck? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye, predictable as fuck, and gormless twats will agree with them, despite this being predicted (you know who you are). 

Honestly, I think the EU know this too and are prepared. I think the when Tusk made those comments last month it was the sign the game is up, they are prepared for no deal to happen. I also think some countries probably want us out now, so personally I am pessimistic of an A50 extension even if parliament agree it. I mean, what's the point of it? More of this shit, just delaying the inevitable? 

Meanwhile the word from Brussels is they think Cox is an even bigger a prick than Raab or Davis. You can just imagine what he's been like in these "negotiations". 

Re Cox, the pompous cunt can't get enough of the sound of his own voice. I bet he's been a fucking nightmare to deal with. 

Supporters of Brexit will no doubt bristle at the findings of a study by academics from the University of Missouri, published in the Sunday Times.

The researchers gave more than 11,000 volunteers psychological tests before the referendum and asked them how they intended to vote.

Their results suggested that leavers tended to be less numerate, more impulsive and prone to accepting unsupported claims of authoritarian figures.

The scientists also questioned the use of referendums to decide complex issues, concluding that many voters lacked the skills to critically evaluate information.

Sound like anyone we know?

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Sound like anyone we know?

You must have missed this bit ;)

REMAINERS and Leavers are equally likely to misinterpret information so that it better fits their existing beliefs, according to the first big psychological study of Brexit. This finding may predispose the UK public to increased political polarisation.”

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

A bit thick but more conscientious  and less neurotic.

Happy with that :)

You think that trumps this, particularly concerning the known issues on the Leave side through Facebook data mining, illegal spending, and Russian inteference? 

Their results suggested that leavers tended to be less numerate, more impulsive and prone to accepting unsupported claims of authoritarian figures.

Thick as pigshit. 

Edited by Renton

I don't recall if it's been mentioned on this thread, but there's a huge irony to the shitfest we find ourselves in. The referendum was not allowed to be mandatory in UK, not sure if this is a constitutional requirement or not but it is true practically. So we had an advisory referendum, treated as if it were mandatory. However, if it were mandatory, it would have been cancelled by the electoral commission or whoever due to the illegal actions of both leave campaigns. What a cluster fuck. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

You think that trumps this, particularly concerning the known issues on the Leave side through Facebook data mining, illegal spending, and Russian inteference? 

Thick as pigshit. 

You’re just being neurotic :)

So, a question (other than to the Boldon mackem) . If this week in parliament the following happens (seems likely), what happens next? 

1. May's deal voted down.

2. No deal rejected. 

3. Extension accepted. 

4. EU says no extension unless there is a referendum (possibly without no deal as an option).

This would mean we'd have to have a referendum or withdraw A50 completely wouldn't it? Or have I missed something? 

No deal is the default position, I’m not sure if the vote this week can prevent it. I haven’t read the proposal but I’m guessing it instructs the government to take actions to prevent no deal but I don’t know if that compels them to revoke Article 50 as a last resort and whether that revocation would be accepted by the EU.

The EU will quite possibly deny an extension if there are no firm proposals from the U.K. on what we will do with that extra time. A people’s vote is the only solution I can see for this mess, for better or worse.