Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Eu elections? I thought they were all unelected.

That's a common misunderstanding apparently. We elect them but they don't do anything whatsoever. Unlike 95% of our MPs who are of course hugely influential in everything that happens in the country.

I'm curious as to the constituencies they represent though. It feels like it would be a blend of the super rich untouchables and the super poor unmodernisables.

The poor being weaponised by the rich.

There'll be a load of mackems drooling at the possibility of being.....

🎵 on the march with Nige's army!

Hopefully passing Wembley!

And they'll really shake them up when they win the Brexit cup,

Cos they want their sewpa nissan redundancy!🎶

• Haha 2

It's literally beyond belief that some people (CT) don't recognise this for the cluster fuck this is. I mean just take the loss of EHIC. Sure, you can pay to get private health insurance if you are relatively young and fit. But for those with chronic conditions or who are old, they're fucked. No more European holidays for them. Oh, and our NHS will get the elderly Costa populations arriving to further drain resources. Great. 

In one of the twitter threads someone in here posted recently I saw a really good suggestion for how we could (but won't) sort all of this out.

The premise was that we leave in March under No Deal, but everyone has to apply for either a 'leave' card, or a 'remain' card depending on your confidence in Brexit. If you have a remain card, you get first and preferential access to all medicines, food and any other things that make up normal living, which is the Brexiteer's guarantee to you that things will be ok as we leave. The Leavers on the other hand already believe everything will be fine, so this is a no risk scenario for them.

If it turns out that more than 50% of the population apply for a Remain card, we don't leave the EU.

Edited by Rayvin

Listening to Brexicast this morning, and it is increasingly looking possible May will get her deal through, without the EU making any legal changes to the WA. Basically the ERG and DUP have shat their pants and realise they might lose their precious Brexit altogether, and enough labour rebels to get it over the line. Got to say, if that happens, she's played a blinder.

Not sure how i feel about this. On the one hand, i really want to avoid no deal which i fear would be catastrophic. On the other hand, it could well be either a delay to another crash out after the transition period, or a slow decline of our country. Or worse, a swing to the right  by cunts like Johnson and Mogg. Either way it looks like we have years of this shit ahead of us. :(

Edited by Renton

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can’t see enough of the ERG lot backing her to get it through.

There's only 20 hardcore. Even JRM is shifting his stance. And there are supposed to be quite a few potential labour rebels afraid of losing their northern seats to cancel them out. Distictly possible, from what looked like an impossibility 2 weeks ago. Fuck knows, I've given up on the parliamentary shenanigans. :suicide:

So this week we got a look at what the USA want from a U.K. trade deal. The highlights include:

Full tariff free access for their agricultural produce and removal of non-tariff barriers. So pretty much the decimation of our farming sector and inability to export of agricultural goods to the EU.

Full access to our service sector while maintaining restrictions on our ability to export services to the USA.

Reform of NHS drug purchasing prices with the result being increased pricing in the U.K.

Restrictions on currency fluctuations of the pound.

Severe restrictions on any future trade deal with China.