Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if a big part of this is just getting this out of the way early. There are rumours of a election later this year doing the rounds again. 

My snap election sense has been tingling for a while. It’s one of Johnson’s few remaining options of winning a second term and make no mistake he would LOVE to turn it into another brexit referendum campaign.

Starmer knows it. it may not be what we want to hear but it’s the smart play at this stage 

• Like 1

There's some patter that if Starmer gets fined, Johnson might drop the election hammer. The ultimate cunt's trick which is why it's believable. 

Install Nandy and Streeting as number 1 and 2 and Labour roar to victory on the crest of a Wigan wonderwoman wave. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My snap election sense has been tingling for a while. It’s one of Johnson’s few remaining options of winning a second term and make no mistake he would LOVE to turn it into another brexit referendum campaign.

Starmer knows it. it may not be what we want to hear but it’s the smart play at this stage 

Aye, it’s depressing as fuck but it’s where we are atm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Well it clearly is partly his fault. Enabling a hard Brexit isn't a good look. He needs real ideas to stop the dissolution of the Union, we've got zip so far.

We’ve got a hard Brexit, he’s not enabling it, it’s here, he needs to deal with it but to do that he needs to be in power

As for Scotland, Labour is dead up there, has been for years, he needs the thick cunt xenophobic English votes, Scotland is a write off for him just now (and forever hopefully).

Edited by Toonpack

26 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We’ve got a hard Brexit, he’s not nailing it, it’s here, he needs to deal with it but to do that he needs to be in power

As for Scotland, Labour is dead up there, has been for years, he needs the thick cunt xenophobic English votes, Scotland is a write off for him just now (and forever hopefully).

I think Scotland would stay in the Union and the SNP would be history if we somehow got PR in, and then made moves to the SM. Won't happen will it? Realistically I know I've no choice where I live but to vote Labour, but even a Labour victory doesn't look very appealing now. Another decade of decline, falling living standards, and a hard border 50 miles North of Newcastle. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think Scotland would stay in the Union and the SNP would be history if we somehow got PR in, and then made moves to the SM. Won't happen will it? Realistically I know I've no choice where I live but to vote Labour, but even a Labour victory doesn't look very appealing now. Another decade of decline, falling living standards, and a hard border 50 miles North of Newcastle. 

FFS. Cheer up man, we’re all going to die in a nuclear war soon anyway

• Haha 3

On 04/07/2022 at 08:02, Dr Gloom said:

At least our airports are well-staffed. This was the two hour queue to get into city airport this morning 

BD6C0DC8-5B02-4B6E-BB9C-01C57DA6097A.jpeg

DLR platform to gate in 6 minutes just now. Soz :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense to have a policy to reduce the size of the UK Civil Service to 2016 levels (which were the lowest they’d been since WW2) when you’ve created all that extra work, doesn’t it? 

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Well aye. Also fuck business. 

This is such and, self inflicted wound, and neither party will even acknowledge there's a problem. 

It is this failure more than the original error, that is going to doom a generation or more of this country to falling living standards and the slow boil of shitness.

All to pander to those who are emotionally still children and can't be told they're wrong for fear of tantrums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Anybody planning to travel through DOver this summer. I don't envy you, the bloody French are causing mayhem. I'm sure they're to blame for the chaos at Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester and Bristol airports too.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/22/dover-port-declares-critical-incident-travellers-four-hour-queues-french-border-control

Me and Mrs often have debates about the state of the country. We are both hardened lefties but she doesn't even blame the Tories any more. Mentioned in another thread she works for the NHS and reckons its too far gone to recover - even if labour get back in. She has been so worn down that she blames the general public and has the attitude of if people continually to  vote for these clowns in then they get what they deserve.

I think we are lucky as in we have decent jobs and will be able to ride this out (touch wood) but I feel bad for the non-voting Tories on the breadline. Or that need emergency care. etc etc.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

She'll see this as an opportunity rather than a setback. 

She will probably. But even she must know this will not be good for the country or her even in the medium term. She'll be held hostage by the ERG, that's for sure, and that is going to hurt us all.