Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One thing is for certain if I get drafted and I look over and see that scarecrow who made a wish to be a real boy standing opposite me then I am hoping we're at ground zero for the first Russian warhead.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

In 1986 when my regiment was based in Germany and we were worried Ivan would invade, we actually decided between ourselves which of our officers wouldn’t make it past the first day

Colonel H Jones VC was shot in the back…allegedly :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As ridiculous as that Johnson thing is, the silliest bit of the lot is that he’d willingly serve as a lance corporal. 
I suppose it’s like the rest of his man of the people schtick. The only thing that’s more absurd is that people fall for it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

He looks like he'd be a pig if he was an animal, he's got the eyes and I'm not even joking. He's more Pigsy than fucking Pigsy. 

image.png.f912e7ef60445352f39e9adb45430598.png

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

He looks like he'd be a pig if he was an animal, he's got the eyes and I'm not even joking. He's more Pigsy than fucking Pigsy. 

Lucky he's no longer in Parliament with Cameron back.

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

image.png.9b82f4fe1b4153a0f37355b26e91016e.png

• Haha 2

Rees-Mogg, invites a farmer onto his GBeebies show, is schooled, acts like a complete prick. Nothing new, although it never ceases to amze me the level of arrogance these pricks pick up at Eton.

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

Well, well, well. Because of @ewerk, we're now having to put "Not for EU" stickers on all fresh foodstuffs throughout the UK, which will cost us and be a constant reminder to me of what a fuck up Brexit has been. Meanwhile I bet he's still getting his chorizo smuggled through the republic. Thanks ewerk. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/01/post-brexit-food-labelling-rules-to-appease-dup-will-lead-to-higher-prices-says-industry

• Like 1

Was in Sainsbury’s w/bay today, was like being in a shop that’s closing down, a good few shelves bare and others with stuff spread out to make them look fuller.

fucking crazy

• Like 1

How the fuck he had the gall to argue we couldn’t produce wine in the EU btw. We did but the climate lends itself to low yield / high priced stuff. Quite apart from the regulations in the EU allowing all those other member states to produce vast quantities, we can’t even sell all of the small amounts of wine we currently do produce. And it’s cloud cuckoo land to think we’d be competitive exporters given the competition. Even if that wasn’t the case you’re talking about a minute part of the agricultural economy in this country. There’s not many places where you could produce wine even if everything else was in place. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Was in Sainsbury’s w/bay today, was like being in a shop that’s closing down, a good few shelves bare and others with stuff spread out to make them look fuller.

fucking crazy

I’ve had that experience a few times this winter at the big one in Heaton. I only tend to call in for the odd thing but there’s been a few times where the fresh produce but has looked like those early days of lockdown where there was literally no tomatoes etc. it’s fucking madness that it’s not a bigger issue in UK politics and the media. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve had that experience a few times this winter at the big one in Heaton. I only tend to call in for the odd thing but there’s been a few times where the fresh produce but has looked like those early days of lockdown where there was literally no tomatoes etc. it’s fucking madness that it’s not a bigger issue in UK politics and the media. 

Absolutely, for months now just about every shopping trip there’s been something I was after that they didn’t have, random stuff, but it’s getting really noticeable now.

local Co-op has pictures of food all along the top shelves of their fridges now so they look fuller.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

fucking crazy

Aye, I shop there, usually saturday mornings. I was there last saturday about 11.30am, I know working in a supermarket previously this is the time when you should have peak stock, and the entire right side as you walk to the windows was empty. But it's like nobody notices any more. It's going to get a lot worse after April apparently. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Absolutely, for months now just about every shopping trip there’s been something I was after that they didn’t have, random stuff, but it’s getting really noticeable now.

local Co-op has pictures of food all along the top shelves of their fridges now so they look fuller.

I have half a dozen things on repeat prescription. Nothing too serious, but some is medication for my ulcerative colitis and gout, so these could potentially flare. Supposed to take 2 days from me ordering on the app to getting delivered at the local Boots, worked fine before Brexit. My last order was 10 days ago and they still haven't got the drugs. Some items just stopped completely after Brexit, you can't source them any more. And yeah, this is apparently set to get worse now as the EEA has decided to bulk buy hundreds of drugs whilst we play second fiddle as we don't have the purchasing power. 

Think about my situation times several million. Think about how many people will get ill as a result of not having their preventative drugs. Think about the knock on effect on hospitals and the NHS. The truth is, the impact of Brexit has been massively underestimated, not that anybody wants to  measure the effects any more. 

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

How the fuck he had the gall to argue we couldn’t produce wine in the EU btw. We did but the climate lends itself to low yield / high priced stuff. Quite apart from the regulations in the EU allowing all those other member states to produce vast quantities, we can’t even sell all of the small amounts of wine we currently do produce. And it’s cloud cuckoo land to think we’d be competitive exporters given the competition. Even if that wasn’t the case you’re talking about a minute part of the agricultural economy in this country. There’s not many places where you could produce wine even if everything else was in place. 

Basically, he's just telling a farmer he knows more about farming than he does. 

Two obvious mistruths there as well. The US might be the the biggest single country we trade with, but it is tiny compared with the EU. It's irrelevant it's not a country. And trade has not increased with the EU since Brexit, by volume it's decreased. By value it's risen a bit because of inflation. Volume is the important metric here. Lying cunt.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, well, well. Because of @ewerk, we're now having to put "Not for EU" stickers on all fresh foodstuffs throughout the UK, which will cost us and be a constant reminder to me of what a fuck up Brexit has been. Meanwhile I bet he's still getting his chorizo smuggled through the republic. Thanks ewerk. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/01/post-brexit-food-labelling-rules-to-appease-dup-will-lead-to-higher-prices-says-industry

:lol: That's just how petty the DUP are. We've had the Not for EU labels for a few months but but we can't be fully British unless you lot have them too.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

have half a dozen things on repeat prescription. Nothing too serious, but some is medication for my ulcerative colitis and gout, so these could potentially flare. Supposed to take 2 days from me ordering on the app to getting delivered at the local Boots, worked fine before Brexit. My last order was 10 days ago and they still haven't got the drugs. Some items just stopped completely after Brexit,

Wait till your wife can't get hold of the HRT that stops her going batshit insane post menopause.

That wasn't in the brochure

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

:lol: That's just how petty the DUP are. We've had the Not for EU labels for a few months but but we can't be fully British unless you lot have them too.

They aren’t British anyway as they aren’t part of Great Britain 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

They aren’t British anyway as they aren’t part of Great Britain 

They identify as British 👍🏻

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...