Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why would they want it that low? They want a large pool of cheap labour to help with economic growth. Leaving the free market alongside shrinking the labour pool and raising wages wouldn't benefit the government or their overlords.

I think we'll get control back on a number of things but the rhetoric/signals from Germany and France is hinting at a strong stance on 'free movement' for 'free access'. Think we'll have to compromise. One of the ideas is to take the 7 year break that Blair skipped ie against the A7.

A break won't be politically acceptable here. Won't happen.

I have a feeling we are going to be very tough on what we demand and can't see the Germans accepting export Tarrifs on cars etc.

We are a massive economy, have a lot of clout in the world and are in a very strong position. They'll see sense.

Why would they want it that low? They want a large pool of cheap labour to help with economic growth. Leaving the free market alongside shrinking the labour pool and raising wages wouldn't benefit the government or their overlords.

People power. You know, the thing that's got us this far ;)

As we are seeing today with sports direct, a bit of pressure works wonders.

Immigration isn't working when we are stopping young women training as nurses and are instead shipping in immigrants to save money.

Immigration isn't working when we are stopping young women training as nurses and are instead shipping in immigrants to save money.

Aye, fair point. Brexit will finally give us control to stop recruiting nurses from the Philippines, India and South Africa.

A break won't be politically acceptable here. Won't happen.

I have a feeling we are going to be very tough on what we demand and can't see the Germans accepting export Tarrifs on cars etc.

We are a massive economy, have a lot of clout in the world and are in a very strong position. They'll see sense.

We are in a strong position with reg to trade as the key EU members are heavily invested in exporting to us ie Germany with cars and white goods and France with food etc...But the 'free movement' thing is part of a greater plan and they can't give it up easily because their task masters are hell bent on a common European identity/labour force. The battle is far bigger than most of the politicians are even aware of. The goal is to erase national identities and national sovereignty somewhere down the line. This impinges mainly on France and us...Two countries with long histories of 'doing their own thing'. It isn't such a big deal with make weight countries like Holland and Belgium or 'young democracies' like Germany. Yet even in Germany the right are making gains and questions are being asked reg how long German finance can back up the ECB.

We are approaching a massive historical moment not only for Europe but the whole world. The much vaunted and schemed for 5 trading blocks is on the line and it was Essex that done it. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

People power. You know, the thing that's got us this far ;)

As we are seeing today with sports direct, a bit of pressure works wonders.

What the fuck has that got to do with the EU you thick cunt.

We are in a strong position with reg to trade as the key EU members are heavily invested in exporting to us ie Germany with cars and white goods and France with food etc...But the 'free movement' thing is part of a greater plan and they can't give it up easily because their task masters are hell bent on a common European identity/labour force. The battle is far bigger than most of the politicians are even aware of. The goal is to erase national identities and national sovereignty somewhere down the line. This impinges mainly on France and us...Two countries with long histories of 'doing their own thing'. It isn't such a big deal with make weight countries like Holland and Belgium or 'young democracies' like Germany. Yet even in Germany the right are making gains and questions are being asked reg how long German finance can back up the ECB.

We are approaching a massive historical moment not only for Europe but the whole world. The much vaunted and schemed for 5 trading blocks is on the line and it was Essex that done it. :lol:

:lol:

Are we stopping young women being trained as nurses, or simply not paying them enough for them to want to be nurses? Also, why is this a gendered comment?

I think CT might be at odds with Jeremy Hunt and the Tories on this one.

I'll concede that I'm just uninformed on this one, but could you set out how we're doing that? It'd help me understand the point you're making.

It costs a lot more to train a nurse than it does to pay for a plane ticket.

Training numbers are kept low, thousands can't get on course and we make the self imposed shortfall up with immigrants.

It costs a lot more to train a nurse than it does to pay for a plane ticket.

Training numbers are kept low, thousands can't get on course and we make the self imposed shortfall up with immigrants.

Ah so it's actually cheaper for the NHS this way round? I can see that making sense. But what you're proposing effectively means creating a shortfall doesn't it...? Wouldn't that be dangerous? If you were leading it the other way around I would understand, but you're setting out that the government should combat its own policy by limiting immigration. Unless you're thinking that we the people are forcing the government to combat its own policy, which would make more sense I suppose.

They'll have to put more money into the NHS budget for training then, I guess.

Edited by Rayvin

See above. We were talking about getting immigration down to 10's of thousands. That includes all immigration.

How has being in the EU prevented us from restricting non-EU immigration?

Why has being in the EU meant that the government could not afford to train British nurses?

Edited by ewerk

Why has being in the EU meant that the government could not afford to train British nurses?

Because we've been overloaded with Baristas and waiters signing on in two countries/tax credits/ and working in 3, living 5 to a house and banging our women... :)

French don't even have to sign on they do it by phone. :lol:

We're spending 900 million a year on free healthcare for whops and dagos and only getting 300m back.

UK nurses a lot of em go into private healthcare once they've taken advantage of the best training in the world according to my cousin who's a matron or summink.

Berlin is awash with Greeks who've only done media studies.

Edited by Park Life

Ah so it's actually cheaper for the NHS this way round? I can see that making sense. But what you're proposing effectively means creating a shortfall doesn't it...? Wouldn't that be dangerous? If you were leading it the other way around I would understand, but you're setting out that the government should combat its own policy by limiting immigration. Unless you're thinking that we the people are forcing the government to combat its own policy, which would make more sense I suppose.

They'll have to put more money into the NHS budget for training then, I guess.

I think it's just all part of the sea change going on where the average worker feels a bit short changed from a country's overall success. Whether that's to do with nursing, zero hour contracts, low wages etc.

I'm not suggesting you can go from one to the other overnight, but you have to start addressing the problems.

I think there's been little desire there from any party previously, but now I think we are at the start of it.

I'm not saying it's easy either as any government only has so much money to go around. But as we are seeing with the living wage and what's happened at Sports Direct, it's a lot easier to start with the private sector.

Viva le revolution :lol:

The EU hasn't stopped it. The desire hasn't been there to stop it. Now it very clearly is. Not a chance the Tory party will fight the next general election without immigration in our own hands.

The people have spoken.

Because we've been overloaded with Baristas and waiters signing on in two countries/tax credits/ and working in 3, living 5 to a house and banging our women... :)

French don't even have to sign on they do it by phone. :lol:

We're spending 900 million a year on free healthcare for whops and dagos and only getting 300m back.

UK nurses a lot of em go into private healthcare once they've taken advantage of the best training in the world according to my cousin who's a matron or summink.

Berlin is awash with Greeks who've only done media studies.

Aye, it's all the immigrunts' fault.

why_is_the_nhs_getting_more_expensive_.p

I think it's just all part of the sea change going on where the average worker feels a bit short changed from a country's overall success. Whether that's to do with nursing, zero hour contracts, low wages etc.

I'm not suggesting you can go from one to the other overnight, but you have to start addressing the problems.

I think there's been little desire there from any party previously, but now I think we are at the start of it.

I'm not saying it's easy either as any government only has so much money to go around. But as we are seeing with the living wage and what's happened at Sports Direct, it's a lot easier to start with the private sector.

Viva le revolution :lol:

The private sector are seething about Brexit.