Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The BoE introduced a number of extraordinary measures (ie NOT BAU) last week, and said that EVEN WITH those measures taken into account, they forecast that the unemployment rate will increase from 4.9% to 5.5% which equates to an additional 250k people out of work. And if they hadn't introduced those measures it would mean even more people out of work.

Anybody that knows that and still engages in silly "Brexit has done no harm" point scoring is at best a stupid cunt. At best. End of story.

The BoE introduced a number of extraordinary measures (ie NOT BAU) last week, and said that EVEN WITH those measures taken into account, they forecast that the unemployment rate will increase from 4.9% to 5.5% which equates to an additional 250k people out of work. And if they hadn't introduced those measures it would mean even more people out of work.

Anybody that knows that and still engages in silly "Brexit has done no harm" point scoring is at best a stupid cunt. At best. End of story.

end this tit for tat posting of news stories. the sofa companies are rallying!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37024707?client=ms-android-htc-rev

CT is virtually a mackem supplying a service for said denizens. Votes Brexit thus putting at risk the only major employer of said area, based on some jingoistic nonsense such as "take back control!".

Honestly, the man is an idiot, as is every single mackem voting Brexit. At best they've put their livelihoods on the line. At worst they're all out of jobs and the place will become an even bigger shithole than it already is once the regional funding dries up.

Stevie is right. There's something not quite right about these idiots.

Edited by Renton

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37024707?client=ms-android-htc-rev

CT is virtually a mackem supplying a service for said denizens. Votes Brexit thus putting at risk the only major employer of said area, based on some jingoistic nonsense such as "take back control!".

Honestly, the man is an idiot, as is every single mackem voting Brexit. At best they've put their livelihoods on the line. At worst they're all out of jobs and the place will become an even bigger shithole than it already is once the regional funding dries up.

Stevie is right. There's something not quite right about these idiots.

Nailed on Stevie voted Leave.

Ne willpower, that's why I never delete the account when he flounces , results in me getting to be right

kinda forgot  about that him buggering off as well, vaguely remember some posts and him having one of those "ye knaa yer a nerd irish..." meltdown,  but not what it was over or what i said, either way i'm taking it as a win :lol:

I don't think you even did much from memory - I recall being surprised it escalated so quickly at the time.

Edited by Rayvin

And what about car sales during the economic uncertainty? What will happen to those?

No doubt continue on whatever the normal peaks and trough trend is for new car sales. If there's a recession they'll probably dip before bouncing back.

However the vast majority of the population are not going to stop buying cars due to Brexit negotiations.

No doubt continue on whatever the normal peaks and trough trend is for new car sales. If there's a recession they'll probably dip before bouncing back.

However the vast majority of the population are not going to stop buying cars due to Brexit negotiations.

It's a global industry. What do you think happens to jobs during the dip before the recovery? Do you think they just give us some extra days off?

It's a global industry. What do you think happens to jobs during the dip before the recovery? Do you think they just give us some extra days off?

I'm not sure what your point is. Ford have been closing plants and shifting work abroad long before Brexit, but overall the automotive industry, like any other, will peak and trough. It always has done.

Economies always have good and bad times and in the bad times some people lose their jobs and its shit.

That doesn't mean that Brexit shouldn't happen.

Should we all go back to using bank branches instead of apps because of bank job losses or ban Uber because of the damage to the taxi trade.

I voted for Brexit for many reasons well documented, but overall that it will be better for the country in 5 years, 10 years etc etc.

Whilst a dip in confidence might harm some industries in the short term, that shouldn't get in the way of what's best for the country long term.

I particularly like the part where you use the fact that there's been devastating troughs in the industry before as reason to justify causing another

Not at all, I'm simply pointing out to you that it's a fact of life that sales go up and down. Nowt new in that.

c062bf7fd188a2c4d697fe7806bc08e0.png

I'm not quite sure as yet where your evidence is for some forthcoming devastating plunge in car sales?