Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Wait what, I thought that they had two binders worth of impact assessments, but that they simply couldn't share them with anyone...?

All the MPs that have been in to see those two lever arch files say they amount to a description of how things currently work. There's no assessment of future state and what it might mean. 

The arrogance on display from Davis is mind blowing. He has probably the most important job in the country and he's not meeting even the lowest of expectations. You would think he was fucking aceing it the way he's going on. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

All the MPs that have been in to see those two lever arch files say they amount to a description of how things currently work. There's no assessment of future state and what it might mean. 

Right but this was discussed and so on some weeks ago. Why is it only now that Davis is saying the impact assessments don't exist?

This means he lied, right? Like, in a big way. Or am I missing something?

Just now, ewerk said:

But but but, 'excrutiating detail'.

DQWps2BX4AYhrci.jpg

Aye I think he's fucked here. Worth reading David Lammy's twitter he's done a time line of all the occasions on which ministers have misled parliament and the public. I don't know what the repercussions of a contempt of parliament charge are, but I think we're about to find out soon. 

The government's line of defence from JRM:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, a Conservative, says is is concerned about the government honouring parliament. If these impact assessments did not exist, the government did not have to publish anything, did it?

Davis agrees.

Q: So the government has generously gone beyond what was required?

Davis accepts that.

Rees-Mogg says the government looked at the wording of “an incompetent motion” and did its best to comply.

Davis accepts that.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

So is this a storm in a teacup from which nothing meaningful will come, or is this a big deal?

Just confirming what we already knew, that the government haven't got a clue how this is all going to play out and have made no effort to do so.

Edited by ewerk

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Just before the questioning began to get tough, "Mr. Davis, your Brexit process seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

:lol:

This is simply incredible stuff. Both an admission they have not done any prepatory analysis for the biggest political issue since WW2, and secondly that Davis has blatantly lied about it, which is contempt of parliament. He should be going to prison, let alone resigning. 

Let's see how @Christmas Tree defends this. 

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

I'm sure you'll make it one. :D

I don't make big deals of any of this :lol: I don't even know what you mean by that Parky, but I am outraged, and demand an apology. I don't see how I can continue debating such things with you in future... you've ruined everything!

Jesus had a quick deco at Parliament live Exiting the EU committee room and there is a bloke giving answers with a slight Essex/Crockney accent....We're doomed!

Edited by Park Life

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is simply incredible stuff. Both an admission they have not done any prepatory analysis for the biggest political issue since WW2, and secondly that Davis has blatantly lied about it, which is contempt of parliament. He should be going to prison, let alone resigning. 

Let's see how @Christmas Tree defends this. 

Should have just downloaded some students thesis from google and used that.

• Like 1