Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That being the case though, I think we can expect the whole thing to be resolved by allowing the DUP to get some manner of 'win' over the situation. Which means Brexit is back on.

I can't see Ireland or the EU accepting anything less than what was promised earlier in the week. But we'll find out later today what this is.

I would be very surprised if we don't end up with something that basically allows them to continue, especially if the only stumbling block is just that the DUP are being precious about it.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I would be very surprised if we don't end up with something that basically allows them to continue, especially if the only stumbling block is just that the DUP are being precious about it.

Interesting, I don't think talks will progress personally. There's just no way May can satisfy all these stakeholders: hard Brexiteers, reluctant Brexiters, the DUP, the Republic, the EU. She just appears detached from reality to me. 

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

When are these fucking cunts going to drop this disingenuous shit? The only explanation can be they are deliberately driving us off a cliff and will continue to blame the EU as we hit the rocks.

Genuinely think it stems from an actual delusion that “We’re Britain, we ran the world once and they’ll bend to us. Bulldog spirit” even though the world has moved on to a catastrophic degree. It’s a bit like the build up to Prince Naseem getting sparked out after months of talking shit.

Far too much hysteria around this.

Lets concentrate on facts :lol:

Phase 1

Was / is only about making sufficient progress in 3 areas. Everybody involved in the negotiations are happy this has been achieved, hence the sign off that should have happened this week. Ok, so the DUP have had a tissy, but we all know that will be ironed out in the coming days.

Everybody involved wants to move to phase 2, the transition and trade deal.

Phase 2.

Everybody involved in negotiations WANTS to agree a trade deal. It will happen. There will be compromises on both sides but we’ll end up with a deal, life will go on and we’ll be free trading around the world.

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Genuinely think it stems from an actual delusion that “We’re Britain, we ran the world once and they’ll bend to us. Bulldog spirit” even though the world has moved on to a catastrophic degree. It’s a bit like the build up to Prince Naseem getting sparked out after months of talking shit.

I don't know where you'd have gotten that impression.

Edited by ewerk

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Phase 1

Was / is only about making sufficient progress in 3 areas. Everybody involved in the negotiations are happy this has been achieved

See, that isn't a fact. It's a falsehood. Absolute lies. Complete shite.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Phase 1

Was / is only about making sufficient progress in 3 areas. Everybody involved in the negotiations are happy this has been achieved, hence the sign off that should have happened this week. Ok, so the DUP have had a tissy, but we all know that will be ironed out in the coming days.

Everybody involved wants to move to phase 2, the transition and trade deal.

Phase 2.

Everybody involved in negotiations WANTS to agree a trade deal. It will happen. There will be compromises on both sides but we’ll end up with a deal, life will go on and we’ll be free trading around the world.

Let's concentrate on CT facts:

He's got great big jiggly man tits. 

Everybody feel free to join in.  

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

See, that isn't a fact. It's a falsehood. Absolute lies. Complete shite.

:lol: Eh, so why do Junker, Tusk, Barnier etc keep saying it?

They were quite happy this week to move onto Phase 2 with the vaguest of words about the Irish border.

Explain yourself.

May said yesterday there were only two issues left to be sorted. There were only three issues in the first place ffs! :lol:

We've conceded the money issue. Citizenship shouldn't be an issue although the conservatives are making it one because  ... cunts. That just leads NI, the circle that simply cannot be squared. Let's think about it. It's agreed there can be no land or sea border. So there has to be full, and I mean 100% full, regulatory equivalence with the EU across the whole of the UK. The Tory headbangers can't agree to this. May is utterly fucked imo. 

Edited by Renton

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Eh, so why do Junker, Tusk, Barnier etc keep saying it?

They were quite happy this week to move onto Phase 2 with the vaguest of words about the Irish border.

Explain yourself.

But none of those people are saying that there has been sufficient progress. If there was the we would have concluded Phase 1 negotiations but we haven't. Have you seen any of the new this week?

Pretty sure the Irish and the EU want written assurances that there will be no border. These will be legally enforceable. If that is signed I can't see how we can diverge from the EU so what is the fucking point? Spending 50 billion quid just so we can say we have left the EU, when we actually really haven't?

It's a game to the Tories, none of them are really "utterly fucked" they may shift to the back benches or even retire but May is probably still worth hundreds of millions tbh.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But none of those people are saying that there has been sufficient progress. If there was the we would have concluded Phase 1 negotiations but we haven't. Have you seen any of the new this week?

They were all about to sign off on it over lunch on Monday before the DUP threw a wobbly. Ofcourse they were all happy with “sufficient progress”.

:lol: Unbelievably thick.

Cuntface. Because your smelly breathed arsehole of a prime minister can't get Mrs Brown and her boys to agree to the wordy words on her piece of paper, there has been NO progress made as yet. 

Do you understand now? 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yes but the DUP won't agree to that text therefore Theresa May revoked that offer so there's no agreement on sufficient progress. I don't understand how you can't comprehend this.

:lol: That’s why I said it will be resolved in a few days. Your point is that Phase 1 is “set in stone”. It’s not. What happens going forward in Ireland will all depend on what is agreed in a trade deal.

The EU also appears to want the government to stay standing. I just don't see a collapse happening now (although it's looking increasingly like we'll get one eventually).

Not convinced a collapsed government is going to be a win either, if we're looking at JRM taking over...

Suspect we will get an outcome on the Irish border.

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: That’s why I said it will be resolved in a few days. Your point is that Phase 1 is “set in stone”. It’s not. What happens going forward in Ireland will all depend on what is agreed in a trade deal.

Literally none of that post is true. You said that everyone is now happy that sufficient progress has been made, not that they'll be happy in a few days. And what is agreed now on Ireland can in no way be rolled back in Phase 2. Everything agreed in Phase 1 underpins what will happen in Phase 2. It's not dependent on a trade deal. 

You have a very loose relationship with the truth.