Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good Question Time tonight withDave. Got quite a kicking at times but did well.

He also confirmed that contingency plans are in place for Friday following a leave vote.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Warsi defects from the Leave campaign because apparently now she has a problem with the bare-faced lies and xenophobia it's been peddling for months. Net impact on Thursday's outcome: approx. 0.0000%

I'm pretty sure there will be a plan in place should we leave. This is a civil service that had numerous scenarios worked out anticipating which party / which coalition may have taken over last year.

I'm pretty sure that back door discussions between Cameron and other EU countries will also already have begun. Of course nothing is going to be revealed before the vote.

Sounds stupid, but it's not even that complicated. Most of government / policies will carry on as is and a team will be put in place to look at our new trading relationship in 2 years time. Let's not forget, only 6% of companies export to Europe.

The only real unknown is how markets will react once it's done and whether a recession follows in 2017. If it does, it's predicted to be not horrific. Osbourne will find more money down the sofa and life will go on.

A year down the line the worst will be over and parties will concentrate on 2020.

Ooh so I've to vote for the Tory mystery box. How enticing. :lol:

I'm pretty sure there will be a plan in place should we leave. This is a civil service that had numerous scenarios worked out anticipating which party / which coalition may have taken over last year.

I'm pretty sure that back door discussions between Cameron and other EU countries will also already have begun. Of course nothing is going to be revealed before the vote.

Sounds stupid, but it's not even that complicated. Most of government / policies will carry on as is and a team will be put in place to look at our new trading relationship in 2 years time. Let's not forget, only 6% of companies export to Europe.

The only real unknown is how markets will react once it's done and whether a recession follows in 2017. If it does, it's predicted to be not horrific. Osbourne will find more money down the sofa and life will go on.

A year down the line the worst will be over and parties will concentrate on 2020.

Fuck me :lol:

You've posted a lot of shite on here over the years but this has to be the most delusional bullshit yet.

What are you basing this on? From which reputable sources are you getting this in formation? Or are you plucking your argument out of thin air?

Edited by Dr Gloom

Fuck me :lol:

You've posted a lot of shite on here over the years but this has to be the most delusional bullshit yet.

What are you basing this on? From which reputable sources are you getting this in formation? Or are you plucking your argument out of thin air?

He gets all of his arguments from thin air, otherwise known as his brain.

I didn't see it but apparently someone said to Cameron on QT "prime minister you're relying on experts" as an insult.

It brings to mind the US Republican type of distrust of intelligence and pride in ignorance and stupidity (think Palin) and it's terrible to see it prevalent in the UK.

Of course we have a proponent of that stance around here somewhere......

:lol:

At least things are starting to turn around for the campaign. Disaster may yet be averted although fuck knows why anyone else will want us in the EU after this shitshow.

:lol:

At least things are starting to turn around for the campaign. Disaster may yet be averted although fuck knows why anyone else will want us in the EU after this shitshow.

Because of the £350 million we send them every week!!!!

;)

Corbyns turn tonight to face an audience. Sounded sincere but basically he hates lots of stuff about Europe but hopes to change from within.

If only it was so easy.

Much better on the outside. Where it'll be pretty much exactly the same minus the perks of being part of the club.

Essential reading

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/21/brexit-euroscepticism-history

"If the EU is to survive, it needs drastic reform, and demanding such reform is what could be called the true Eurosceptic position. But reform can only be achieved from inside. The Europhobes’ problem is that, with all their instinctive antipathy to Europe, they have no practical alternative to offer, except nostalgic national legends."