Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where as Theresa today couldn’t be clearer.

Amid all the noisy debate and technical discussions about our departure from the European Union, I want to take this opportunity to remind the British public of my mission in the negotiations.

Brexit provides the opportunity to build a new relationship with the EU where we are close trading partners and strong allies but with the British Government in control of our laws, our immigration policy and how taxpayers’ money is spent. It provides the opportunity to develop closer relationships with fast growing nations around the world. And in doing all this we will put the values that make us so great as a nation at the forefront: openness, tolerance, diversity and innovation. 

You can trust me to deliver. 

I will ensure that we take back control of our borders. The public want their own Government to decide on the number of people coming into Britain from across the European Union and that is what we are going to do.

I will ensure that we take back control of our money. We have agreed a settlement with the European Union and the days of vast contributions from taxpayers to the EU budget are coming to an end. So Brexit means there will be billions of pounds that we used to send to Brussels which we will now be able to spend on domestic priorities, including our National Health Service. 

I will ensure that we take back control of our laws. So Brexit means that, while we may sometimes choose to take the same approach as the EU, our laws will be made in Westminster, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast, with those laws tried by British judges.

We will leave the Single Market because staying in the Single Market means continued free movement of people, but we will maintain the strongest possible trading partnership with our European neighbours and create new trade deals around the world ensuring that we seize the opportunities to build an economy that works for everyone.

We will get a fairer deal for our farmers and fishermen by leaving the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy, regaining control over access to our waters and safeguarding the interests of the UK fishing industry. 

We will take back control of our social policy and our tax policy so rather than being decided in Brussels, we will decide them in the interests of ordinary working people in Britain.

And we will leave the Customs Union so we can establish our own independent trade policy and negotiate trade deals in our interests. I have proposed different options for a new customs arrangement with the EU and the government will continue to develop them during the negotiations. 

I have three clear tests for the outcomes that we want to see. 

First, as a proud unionist and Prime Minister of the whole United Kingdom I am clear that any deal with the EU must protect our precious union and also honour the agreements that were reached in the historic Northern Irish peace process. This means there can be no hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, or between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. We will uphold the Belfast Agreement in full – and we will ensure the constitutional and economic integrity of the whole United Kingdom.

Second, any agreements must create as little friction as possible for trade to protect the jobs that rely on speedy and integrated supply chains. These are a valued part of our economy, particularly for our manufacturing regions.

And third, we must not constrain our ability to negotiate trade agreements with other countries around the world by being bound into a customs union as the Labour Party would have us. We must be a Global Britain that makes the most of the opportunity to create jobs and growth by trading ambitiously with partners across the world, old and new.

I have put forward a plan to negotiate all these outcomes and to leave the European Union. Throughout this process I have tried to balance the legitimate concerns of those on both sides of the debate and I believe that our negotiating objectives answer those concerns. 

The path I am setting out is the path to deliver the Brexit people voted for. Of course, the details are incredibly complex and, as in any negotiation, there will have to be compromises. But if we stick to the task we will seize this once in a generation opportunity to build a stronger, fairer Britain that is respected around the world and confident and united at home.

I will need your help and support to get there. And in return, my pledge to you is simple: I will not let you down.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ahh, how poignant this is. :D

Take note chaps, even if you’re so drunk you’ve become fluent in Azerbaijani, and you’ve chucked the muck up an absolute munter, never deny the resultant foetus your attention… even fat dog-fanciers need a daddy. 

Gunter Von Hundeficker here is what happens when Dads ignore/deny/hate their lucky spunks. 

Don’t create another one of it, lads. 

The world only has a finite amount of attention to give to corpulent failures. 

Has this cunt just come out of St Nicks?  Or is the computer in there??

20 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Has this cunt just come out of St Nicks?  Or is the computer in there??

He's a new Tory fan boy poster from Coventry. 32 looks 42. Everything you'll think he looks like will probably be right. :lol: Needs to get on the salad. 

And in doing all this we will put the values that make us so great as a nation at the forefront: openness, tolerance, diversity

She’s taking the piss now.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Where as Theresa today couldn’t be clearer.

Amid all the noisy debate and technical discussions about our departure from the European Union, I want to take this opportunity to remind the British public of my mission in the negotiations.

Brexit provides the opportunity to build a new relationship with the EU where we are close trading partners and strong allies but with the British Government in control of our laws, our immigration policy and how taxpayers’ money is spent. It provides the opportunity to develop closer relationships with fast growing nations around the world. And in doing all this we will put the values that make us so great as a nation at the forefront: openness, tolerance, diversity and innovation. 

You can trust me to deliver. 

I will ensure that we take back control of our borders. The public want their own Government to decide on the number of people coming into Britain from across the European Union and that is what we are going to do.

I will ensure that we take back control of our money. We have agreed a settlement with the European Union and the days of vast contributions from taxpayers to the EU budget are coming to an end. So Brexit means there will be billions of pounds that we used to send to Brussels which we will now be able to spend on domestic priorities, including our National Health Service. 

I will ensure that we take back control of our laws. So Brexit means that, while we may sometimes choose to take the same approach as the EU, our laws will be made in Westminster, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast, with those laws tried by British judges.

We will leave the Single Market because staying in the Single Market means continued free movement of people, but we will maintain the strongest possible trading partnership with our European neighbours and create new trade deals around the world ensuring that we seize the opportunities to build an economy that works for everyone.

We will get a fairer deal for our farmers and fishermen by leaving the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy, regaining control over access to our waters and safeguarding the interests of the UK fishing industry. 

We will take back control of our social policy and our tax policy so rather than being decided in Brussels, we will decide them in the interests of ordinary working people in Britain.

And we will leave the Customs Union so we can establish our own independent trade policy and negotiate trade deals in our interests. I have proposed different options for a new customs arrangement with the EU and the government will continue to develop them during the negotiations. 

I have three clear tests for the outcomes that we want to see. 

First, as a proud unionist and Prime Minister of the whole United Kingdom I am clear that any deal with the EU must protect our precious union and also honour the agreements that were reached in the historic Northern Irish peace process. This means there can be no hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, or between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. We will uphold the Belfast Agreement in full – and we will ensure the constitutional and economic integrity of the whole United Kingdom.

Second, any agreements must create as little friction as possible for trade to protect the jobs that rely on speedy and integrated supply chains. These are a valued part of our economy, particularly for our manufacturing regions.

And third, we must not constrain our ability to negotiate trade agreements with other countries around the world by being bound into a customs union as the Labour Party would have us. We must be a Global Britain that makes the most of the opportunity to create jobs and growth by trading ambitiously with partners across the world, old and new.

I have put forward a plan to negotiate all these outcomes and to leave the European Union. Throughout this process I have tried to balance the legitimate concerns of those on both sides of the debate and I believe that our negotiating objectives answer those concerns. 

The path I am setting out is the path to deliver the Brexit people voted for. Of course, the details are incredibly complex and, as in any negotiation, there will have to be compromises. But if we stick to the task we will seize this once in a generation opportunity to build a stronger, fairer Britain that is respected around the world and confident and united at home.

I will need your help and support to get there. And in return, my pledge to you is simple: I will not let you down.

Classic CT, taking PR written word-wank from liars as fair comment in an attempt to wind up board members. 15 love, Mr Renton to serve, possibly tomorrow :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I have to say, I like Theresa May’s vision for Brexit. It’s just a pity it’s all pie in the sky.

She could’ve and most probably did say all that when she was appointed leader. Nothings really changed, she’s even further up shit creek without a paddle. Mouthing blandisms after a week of Boris and JRM stabbing her in the back is fuckin laughable. 

Yeah but we can have all the benefits of EU membership, without paying into it and all the other downsides while enjoying loads of new trade with the rest of the world.

It sounds brilliant to me.

• Like 1

Corbyn has ruled out the Norway model which suggests he really doesn't have a better plan for how to handle this than May does. That's probably it for Labour now - he's gambling the loyalty of his main support (socially mind, left wing young people) against being able to win over the working classes. I don't think that alliance is going to form, not with Brexit mixed in. If we end up in a position where we have another GE over the actual outcome of Brexit, and Corbyn is putting down his current offering, I'm not convinced I would vote for him.

Edited by Rayvin

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Corbyn has ruled out the Norway model which suggests he really doesn't have a better plan for how to handle this than May does. That's probably it for Labour now - he's gambling the loyalty of his main support (socially mind, left wing young people) against being able to win over the working classes. I don't think that alliance is going to form, not with Brexit mixed in. If we end up in a position where we have another GE over the actual outcome of Brexit, and Corbyn is putting down his current offering, I'm not convinced I would vote for him.

You weren’t voting for him anyway. :lol: 

The crux of his argument seems to be that EEA membership would leave us as rule takers but surely that’s going to be the case under any Brexit scenario if we want to continue trading with the EU?

On 13/05/2018 at 11:57, ewerk said:

Yeah but we can have all the benefits of EU membership, without paying into it and all the other downsides while enjoying loads of new trade with the rest of the world.

It sounds brilliant to me.

It's sounds cracking. Or is that crackling?

Just now, PaddockLad said:

I think you brexiteers should face up to your fuckin vote and sort this fuckin mess out :)

It's been the irony of the whole thing since it happened. Farage the classic case in point. A massive part of the reason for causing the mess basically fucks off and tells everyone else it's their job to sort it out the moment it occurred. And still people don't see through him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I think you brexiteers should face up to your fuckin vote and sort this fuckin mess out :)

Left to me it would have been done and dusted by now. It’s all these coffee drinking remoaners talking the country down and trying to stop Brexit.

You'd have gotten bored after 5 minutes because you didn't understand anything and started doing something else. A bit like David Davies

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Let’s call the whole thing orf.

I actually think you're going to get Brexit. It'll be a shambolic affair but it'll be spun in a way that makes it look like we've achieved something. The political establishment looks determined to see it through, come what may.

I guess all we can hope for on the Remain side is that it solves whatever issues the Brexiters thought it would, so they can look at domestic policy once again and we can try to restore the country somehow.

I do have a question though, I guess. I was just reading that 70% of Labour constituencies voted Leave. How are we supposed to square that one with the party coming out for Remain or Brexit in name only?

Maybe the truth is just that Labour is now finally backing the working classes, as unpalatable as that is for the middle classes. Taking an attitude of 'we know what's best' isn't exactly likely to win much backing from a group that feels left behind and ignored.

25 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Left to me it would have been done and dusted by now. It’s all these coffee drinking remoaners talking the country down and trying to stop Brexit.

You can't convince half a dozen punters on a message board that brexit is a good idea. Monsiuer Barnier is of course fuckin bricking it :lol: