Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, SpaceCadet said:

What is his name?

I'll get him up on YouTube. 

For an interview?

So the Lords has forced the government into a vote on the single market. That's good, it'll impose some backbone on all involved. It also means Labour's strategy of fudging the issue is dead once the vote occurs.

I think my position on this now is that if Corbyn can't whip Labour into voting for the single market, he'll lose what support I have continued to give. As much as I love a number of his policies, the EU really is the line in the sand, and the single market is our last hope of recovering something from this. It will split the membership and the whole movement will fall apart. Honestly, I think his only option now is to go all in on the single market.

As for the Tories, I assume they're going to vote out of it - so we'll come down to a straight run off between how many pro-Remain Tory rebels there are, versus the number of pro-Leave Labour MPs.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So the Lords has forced the government into a vote on the single market. That's good, it'll impose some backbone on all involved. It also means Labour's strategy of fudging the issue is dead once the vote occurs.

I think my position on this now is that if Corbyn can't whip Labour into voting for the single market, he'll lose what support I have continued to give. As much as I love a number of his policies, the EU really is the line in the sand, and the single market is our last hope of recovering something from this. It will split the membership and the whole movement will fall apart. Honestly, I think his only option now is to go all in on the single market.

As for the Tories, I assume they're going to vote out of it - so we'll come down to a straight run off between how many pro-Remain Tory rebels there are, versus the number of pro-Leave Labour MPs.

I honestly don't think he has the intelligence to see this and will be intransient on the whole thing.

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

corbyn isn't going to whip a vote for the SM 

He has to. The shadow cabinet will force it. If he doesn't listen to them he'll have another collection of resignations and as Rayvin says, his whole movement falls apart.

2 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

This vote buys the government time to reassess their position before drawing up a new strategy. Nothing really to see here.

Nope. The government has to decide on their position long before the bill returns to the commons.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Oh for the days of arguing over domestic policy :(

You do wonder just what exactly the government is putting off doing in order to spend so much time on Brexit.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Except at no point have they attempted to overturn the result of the referendum.

Despite what he claims to stand for he's a weapons-grade cunt who twists the facts at every opportunity.

Just now, Alex said:

Despite what he claims to stand for he's a weapons-grade cunt who twists the facts at every opportunity.

One of Owen  Jones's "outriders".  They're sooooooo ANTI ESTABLISMENT! :glare: