Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I said exactly the same last year.

I’d still prefer to leave but there’s no point if we are going to end up with a fudge that isn’t “leaving” and isn’t remaining.

and yet you say no deal would be BAU, so why not favour that outcome?

you say no deal is out of the question, but the market disagrees - sterling slumped after may's speech the other night and only recovered slightly after the EU summit gave us more time. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

and yet you say no deal would be BAU, so why not favour that outcome?

you say no deal is out of the question, but the market disagrees - sterling slumped after may's speech the other night and only recovered slightly after the EU summit gave us more time. 

No deal can not happen. It’s impossible. Parliament would revoke rather than no deal. 

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No deal can not happen. It’s impossible. Parliament would revoke rather than no deal. 

Why not? You suggested it was BAU. 

Tell you what the indicative votes will do though, they will reveal how little positive support no deal has, which is why the ERG and the gammons are sizzling. 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why not? You suggested it was BAU. 

Tell you what the indicative votes will do though, they will reveal how little positive support no deal has, which is why the ERG and the gammons are sizzling. 

???

No deal has already been heavily rejected in the commons you fanny. :lol:

Remain MPs vastly outnumber leave.

Edited by Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

321 - 278

43 votes ;)

Not heavily then, and this was about taking it off the table, and whipped iirc. If you read the emphasis in my post, I'm interested in seeing how many will vote positively for it, because it will emphasise what a bunch of loons the ERG really are. 40 votes maybe? 

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not a hope in hell of no deal.

Most likely outcome is a limp compromise that suits neither leavers or remainers.

Whatever Parliament decides should be put back to a PV v Remain.

Finally, a sensible voice in this thread.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not heavily then, and this was about taking it off the table, and whipped iirc. If you read the emphasis in my post, I'm interested in seeing how many will vote positively for it, because it will emphasise what a bunch of loons the ERG really are. 40 votes maybe? 

The Tories whipped against No Deal tbf. Free vote, it wins more heavily.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Spelman won by four votes. The subsequent vote was a clusterfuck.

The bottom line is this. A good number of MP’s wanted no deal left on the table as a “bargaining” position, about 30 MP’s want to actually leave on No Deal.

Theres more chance of @NJS voting Tory than the U.K. leaving on no deal.

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The bottom line is this. A good number of MP’s wanted no deal left on the table as a “bargaining” position, about 30 MP’s want to actually leave on No Deal.

Theres more chance of @NJS voting Tory than the U.K. leaving on no deal.

Wrong, as usual. The fear has always been no deal by accident, and this view is shared my many people much more knowledgeable than me and certainly you. No deal is the legal default, it can only be stopped by something positive, which may or may not have to command the majority of parliament. It is a very real possibility. 

Do you think that all the no deal preparation carried out by the UK and EU is just a hoax? 

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wrong, as usual. The fear has always been no deal by accident, and this view is shared my many people much more knowledgeable than me and certainly you. No deal is the legal default, it can only be stopped by something positive, which may or may not have to command the majority of parliament. It is a very real possibility. 

Do you think that all the no deal preparation carried out by the UK and EU is just a hoax? 

Theres no chance whatsoever of no deal by accident given the make up of Parliament. :lol:

Just for the record, each time you post at the minute I’m doing the Emily Matis eye roll :lol:

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Theres no chance whatsoever of no deal by accident given the make up of Parliament. :lol:

Just for the record, each time you post at the minute I’m doing the Emily Matis eye roll :lol:

Parliament aren't in control you freak. The Benn ammendment lost by 2 votes. Your response at the time to this was your trademark :lol:, which reminded me about what a ridiculous troll you are. 

Tell me, do you still believe this is all a massive act and that a cracking deal was agreed months ago? 

When you think something is going to happen, it never fucking does, so I don't find your dismissal of an accidental Brexit, which has been highlighted by Barnier, Tusk, EU leaders, Ivan Rogers, Katya Adler, Ian Dunt etc as a real possibility very reassuring.

On 3/21/2019 at 17:59, Christmas Tree said:

Dunning Kruger is just another word in the armoury of angry middle class lefties who are unable to debate. You and others have used it many times over the years on here ;)  Makes a change from racist.

As for your drivel on jobs :lol: Again you and others on here said a Tory government was going to lead to unemployment rising by millions. The opposite happened along unemployment being at its lowest since the early 70’s. The stats are all there about how many of the new jobs are created are full time if you genuinely want to educate yourself. You won’t.

It's two words. I'm happy to debate, but I think talking with you about politics is akin to talking to Wolfy about his theories. You dismiss evidence that counters your claims, you use wooly language to leave yourself a get out of jail free option and you rely on logical fallacies. 

I did? Can you show me where I said that a "Tory government was going to lead to unemployment rising by millions"? 

Thing is, CT, I think that deep down, you're an all right bloke. You are a family man, don't take yourself too seriously and have a childlike enthusiasm for new things. However your online persona is that of a contrarian. Which is fine when it's thought provoking, but yours is not. Yours is to provoke a reaction.

The Conservatives have brought this country to its current state, but I see you defending them to the hilt more often than not. You even declared Cameron as the best prime minister in your lifetime. Cameron, the same pig-fucker that announced a referendum on Europe as a way to willy wave.

Your faith in Brexit is born not of evidenced facts, but cheerleading for the Conservatives. It's fucking pathetic. Your kids aren't going to have the freedoms we've enjoyed, they won't necessarily have the protections we've enjoyed, they face a period of massive unrest and difficulties because their father and his ilk have made decisions on things they couldn't hope to fully comprehend.

And I'm sure, when they ask you, you'll tell them it's Labour's fault and pop another slice of pigeon pizza in your mush.

Guarantee he doesn't understand Dunning Kruger either.

Well, he'll think he understands it fully, which is how I like my irony served on a Friday.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

Parliament aren't in control you freak. The Benn ammendment lost by 2 votes. Your response at the time to this was your trademark :lol:, which reminded me about what a ridiculous troll you are. 

Tell me, do you still believe this is all a massive act and that a cracking deal was agreed months ago? 

When you think something is going to happen, it never fucking does, so I don't find your dismissal of an accidental Brexit, which has been highlighted by Barnier, Tusk, EU leaders, Ivan Rogers, Katya Adler, Ian Dunt etc as a real possibility very reassuring.

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

4F1A947B-AEA6-4368-A8A8-8E1356866ABA.jpeg

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's two words. I'm happy to debate, but I think talking with you about politics is akin to talking to Wolfy about his theories. You dismiss evidence that counters your claims, you use wooly language to leave yourself a get out of jail free option and you rely on logical fallacies. 

I did? Can you show me where I said that a "Tory government was going to lead to unemployment rising by millions"? 

Thing is, CT, I think that deep down, you're an all right bloke. You are a family man, don't take yourself too seriously and have a childlike enthusiasm for new things. However your online persona is that of a contrarian. Which is fine when it's thought provoking, but yours is not. Yours is to provoke a reaction.

The Conservatives have brought this country to its current state, but I see you defending them to the hilt more often than not. You even declared Cameron as the best prime minister in your lifetime. Cameron, the same pig-fucker that announced a referendum on Europe as a way to willy wave.

Your faith in Brexit is born not of evidenced facts, but cheerleading for the Conservatives. It's fucking pathetic. Your kids aren't going to have the freedoms we've enjoyed, they won't necessarily have the protections we've enjoyed, they face a period of massive unrest and difficulties because their father and his ilk have made decisions on things they couldn't hope to fully comprehend.

And I'm sure, when they ask you, you'll tell them it's Labour's fault and pop another slice of pigeon pizza in your mush.

:lol: Oh Dave. I’m centre right. You and others in here can’t get over it.

Its really that simple. Younger left wing people have a problem entertaining different views to their own. They can’t comprehend a different political view to their own. “He must be a racist, cunt, thick, contrarian” bla bla bla.

Truth is I AM an alright bloke who has earned 100k plus a year, driven a taxi, put kids through college and slows down for pigeons on the road.

I believe in a smaller state, governments living within their means, Brexit and Shane Ferguson. 

For that I receive a shit load of abuse but, water off a ducks back.

DIFFERENT STROKES BRO :)