Jump to content

Europe?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Theyre also without exception puerile, gauche, moronic and infantile Dave. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's only ever been one or two decent films that started life in a comic book.

 

Prove me wrong :cuppa:

 

Bonus points for guessing the exceptions that prove the rule...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ewerk

    3354

  • Renton

    2562

  • Rayvin

    2282

  • Christmas Tree

    1910

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)   Let me take you to the place Where membership's Britain's disgrace Blue flag with lots of stars. Where strangers take you by the hand And welcome you

"Class"   From the bloke that brushed off Trophyshy's redundancy with absolutely no compassion. Not to mention that your favourite hobby is logging on here to wind people up about the things

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Theyre also without exception puerile, gauche, moronic and infantile Dave. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's only ever been one or two decent films that started life in a comic book.

 

Prove me wrong :cuppa:

 

Bonus points for guessing the exceptions that prove the rule...

There are plenty of comic books that are none of those things. Some have literally won the Pulitzer prize. You may not have heard of them, but they exist.

 

Road to Perdition, Oldboy, History of Violence, plus the obvious ones like Dark Knight, Superman (Christopher Reeves), Logan, Joker etc. Of course there are a load of terrible movies that are based on comics too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There are plenty of comic books that are none of those things. Some have literally won the Pulitzer prize. You may not have heard of them, but they exist.

 

Road to Perdition, Oldboy, History of Violence, plus the obvious ones like Dark Knight, Superman (Christopher Reeves), Logan, Joker etc. Of course there are a load of terrible movies that are based on comics too.

 

Ha. I note you didn't mention V for Vendetta or the classic Popeye from 1980, Robin Williams first foray on to the silver screen :glare:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PaddockLad said:

 

Ha. I note you didn't mention V for Vendetta or the classic Popeye from 1980, Robin Williams first foray on to the silver screen :glare:

 

 

Vendetta is ok, but the 3 I mentioned tend not to be thought of as "comic book movies" because they're not about analogues in spandex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

 

Ha. I note you didn't mention V for Vendetta or the classic Popeye from 1980, Robin Williams first foray on to the silver screen :glare:

 

 

I watched the Popeye film at the old Apollo at the bottom of Shields Road. Even as a bairn I knew it was canny shite, really. (And at the time I loved Williams in Mork and Mindy). :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I watched the Popeye film at the old Apollo at the bottom of Shields Road. Even as a bairn I knew it was canny shite, really. (And at the time I loved Williams in Mork and Mindy). :lol:

 

Am not having a word said against Popeye....its a giant amongst pygmies :huff:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First film I remember seeing was at Shields Rd. Apollo when I was about 7,  my aunt took a whole gaggle of us cousins to see this…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiOk4G7qMIxoR9wCQiYJS

 

… fuck knows why :lol:

 

I remember seeing Star Wars at the Odeon on Pilgrim St. when it came out in 1977 and the queue was round New Bridge St. as far as the old BBC studios. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I vaguely recall in the olden days if you wanted to watch a blockbuster like Star Wars you sometimes had to wait in a queue for a second showing if you didn't make the first cut. None of this prebooking stuff you have now. Also remember they prefaced every film with a half feature length film which was sometimes better than the main event,  and interval breaks.

 

Butterkist popcorn, and who can forget Ba ba ba ba de der der, ba ba ba derrrrr!

 

My God the 70s were shit. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've just been told I'm pretty much needed to be working straight through till 4th including weekends (not 24th/25th...joy)

 

but they're going to let me carry my 39 days leave over in January :lol: 

so 1st of February I'll have 69 (harhar) days of leave to take next year

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ant said:

Well I've just been told I'm pretty much needed to be working straight through till 4th including weekends (not 24th/25th...joy)

 

but they're going to let me carry my 39 days leave over in January :lol: 

so 1st of February I'll have 69 (harhar) days of leave to take next year

 

You'd better watch that post Brexit your a/l rights aren't retrospectively slashed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

You'd better watch that post Brexit your a/l rights aren't retrospectively slashed!

 

N.I remains a mini member state lol :D so should be fine, but I could use a break tbh ideally when the missus and wee fella are also off, lockdown is making me less arsey about it since we'll not be going anywhere at least over xmas

 

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

sounds like a deal is in the offing 

 

doubt it, and hmrc etc aren't even close to being ready

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ant said:

 

N.I remains a mini member state lol :D so should be fine, but I could use a break tbh ideally when the missus and wee fella are also off, lockdown is making me less arsey about it since we'll not be going anywhere at least over xmas

 

 

doubt it, and hmrc etc aren't even close to being ready

sounds like there is going to be a compromise reached on LPF and a deal could be announced this week, with the EU making a minor concession to not punish us to quite the same extent in the event of UK divergence, which Johnson will try to sell as a big win 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...