Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So yesterday the Mrs and her friend are out walking the dogs at the beach and talking about the referendum, bloke walks past and starts haranguing them about ruining the country etc, both pretty shaken tbh (although Mrs' pal is a formidable woman and I wouldn't dare say boo to her) and then last night one of youngest sons mates gets racially abused and told to fuck off home in Maccy D's whilst waiting to get served, when his only ethnicity is to have the surname of Brown and a bit of a tan.

If that just what's happened to those I know, how widespread must this shit be !!!

Edited by Toonpack

I see what you're saying - and I certainly think that's how the 52% will see it. Perhaps we (Remainers) should be more articulate on our views on this. I think the first few days were so jarring and, for me at least, filled with a profound sense of loss, that views weren't put across very well.

Aye no worries mate. A large part of the problem is that people on both sides are feeling betrayed and rightly so. It's a difficult subject to talk about without offending someone. I work with a lot of EU immigrants (Spain, Italy, Germany and Greece) and obviously we've hardly talked about anything else this week. A few times I've found myself trying to explain to them how the country could have ended up so fucked that a vote like this would have been possible and I have to be careful because it can sound like I'm making excuses for racists and xenophobes which of course isn't going to endear me to my EU mates. I don't think all leave voters are racists and xenophobes, and I also think if someone is a racist or xenophobe then they themselves are victims who we should try to understand the causes that have led to them ending up that way, but it's difficult to talk in these terms to people who are feeling personally betrayed by every single person who voted leave. That's really what it feels like to them.

Ah so, unsubstantiated claims then. They could both be utter pillocks for all we know.

Seeing as May was Home Secretary and thus responsible for immigration, I think in view of the events of the last week she could possibly be deemed to have been fuckin useless at her job and to have partly caused the shit storm we're currently going through..

Seeing as May was Home Secretary and thus responsible for immigration, I think in view of the events of the last week she could possibly be deemed to have been fuckin useless at her job and to have partly caused the shit storm we're currently going through..

That's two for two then. Utter fucking pillocks.

Your move, CT. Any evidence that they don't both suck the big one?

If only Gordon Brown had listened to Gillian Duffy ;)

Interesting as well this post of mine from 2013. Look at the poll number in the last paragraph. 52%.

The referendum gave them the party they were looking for.

4a8969b403da2492e89ed28205285b2b.jpg

9371de37d9b98eed2e604d51c7d53c13.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

Which proves that no-one really cares about free trade or making Britain great again. It's all about getting rid of the brown people

You know people like you really are a huge reason we are in this mess now. CT is right in this instance, simply dismissing people who have concerns with immigration, whether real or perceived, as racists has proven to be completely counterproductive. Same with the islamophobia accusations. If you ignore people's concerns for decades don't be surprised to get a reaction like this. Your right on piety is actually pretty pathetic, and worse than that, extremely damaging. Well done.