Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A few interesting posts. Are they all true?

Can a polish worker not just pop in and set up a building firm?

Have you seen the building regulations in Germany? Imagine 5 bibles stuck together. :)

He'll need to register a GMBH (I used to have one) that and the insurance that comes with it (you have to set money aside so the company can't take the piss) There will be a couple of months of paperwork with lawyers, the state, the Stadt, etc...it will cost about 35,000 grand....It's easier now but that's how it was till very recently. Lot of small German companies go for Ltd registered in London but causes other hassles... ;)

If it's to do with building where you might make a mistake you have to take out special insurance here even the architects need it so they are protected against millions in damages in lawsuits. The Poles come here and join German companies and they are terrific workers.

There are two saying...Never invade Russia and never start a company in Germany. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Have you seen the building regulations in Germany? Imagine 5 bibles stuck together. :)

He'll need to register a GMBH (I used to have one) that and the insurance that comes with it (you have to set money aside so the company can't take the piss) There will be a couple of months of paperwork with lawyers, the state, the Stadt, etc...it will cost about 35,000 grand....It's easier now but that's how it was till very recently. Lot of small German companies go for Ltd registered in London but causes other hassles...;)

More nonsense.

More nonsense.

See this is the attitude why we left the EU.

Germany is taking the piss. It doesn't pay for an army (NATO is carrying the load), it barely pays for healthcare and it created a currency that only it has benefited from while decimating half of Europe. Merkel and co have set aside 1 trillion euros for greening projects while people are starving in Athens.

Edited by Park Life

:lol:

I was looking at German citizenship requirements earlier for a totally non-referendum related reason...*cough*...and it looks difficult. However, I believe Germany to be an extremely well run country and expect that their policy is well thought out. Unlike anything we're doing at the moment.

:lol:

I was looking at German citizenship requirements earlier for a totally non-referendum related reason...*cough*...and it looks difficult. However, I believe Germany to be an extremely well run country and expect that their policy is well thought out. Unlike anything we're doing at the moment.

They're good people. My German friends are a little naive about the world but hearts of gold. ;)

No, it's just about you saying things that are incorrect to paint a wrong picture about Germany.

You haven't corrected any of it. :lol:

I know if you work here the company and state pick up pick up half your health insurance but isn't the point I was making. Our monthly health insurance bill for the family is like a second tax.

The system is rigged against England where it is far easier to access the social net and the jobs market. It's the main reason Germany has a labour shortage even with free movement. Germans who haven't been to London in a while simply don't understand what I'm saying with regard to the infrastructure being at breaking point.

A studio flat in Surbiton is 280k. :lol:

The rent for that is 950 a month. That's the rent you pay in Hamburg for a largish one bed or a small 2 bed.

Edited by Park Life

While here the NHS is seen as rather poor quality and inefficient.

Which is demonstrably untrue by any metric and any study going tbh. And at least we don't believe in magic water which is one of your greatest contributions to medicine. :lol: There's a lot of things I'd swap between the UK and Germany for but I'd keep our health service over yours any day.

Health tourism isn't a massive concern to the NHS. It's also a very efficient system. Its just chronically underfunded.

Edited by Renton

what's your view then Parky? You want us to leave but think the establishment will never let it happen?

Mate I kind of understood and believed in the whole shabang till Greece happened. Then I saw it for what it was a banking cartel and a hostage currency.

I put aside all my worries about creeping Federalism (cause I know the Germans aren't evil)...The early ideas of the EU, the scope, the outreach, the getting money and opportunities out to the periphery....The social contract it was all good. I used to have a moan on here now and again about it as more and more legislation started piling up...All rubber stamped by bored and overpaid MEP's voting depending on which grouping the are in....Smaller and smaller debating times and the sneering disregard for national sovereignty when nations said no to treaties.

Ultimately we could have swallowed all of that in the name of co-operation and subsidiarity. But when they broke Greece it was unforgivable, I was with some Greeks in Berlin around that time and they literally wept when they talked about their homeland.

The EU crushed Greece because a few fucking banks wanted their money back and in the scheme of things its peanuts but the ECB wouldn't relent and Schauble (the one in the wheelchair was on German telly grinning). Even the IMF which is the mother of all evil wanted to cut a deal ffs!

It's a political project not a social project, its an impenetrable construct deliberately so that the higher ups don't have to answer to the people. But you know it could have worked if they had (and after Brexit they still might) become or at least offered to become more transparent, sensitive and flexible (I mean we're talking about the future of millions of people here).

America wants it because it wants an EU army to confront Russia (you see how its moved east as fast as it can and finally stopped at Ukraine), they also want it so they don't have to fanny around dealing with nation states - yeah get TTIP through in one quick go...

But it still fucking could have worked, it should have worked and it should have been a beacon to the world on how rich countries invest their surplus in the periphery and over time opportunities are there for everyone...But they haven't been...The German surplus goes to Wall street and they are ready to fuck countries over for pennies because the Corporate round table and the banks have taken it over. The EU could literally fund half of Europe forever without blinking, the ECB has access to financial instruments and money markets and could print bonds over any length of time if properly backed by some of the richest countries on the planet...But these cunts choose not to and for why...Short term greed and financial leverage over weaker states.

We won't be allowed to leave and it will be an EEA deal with some tweaks around free movement. Deep down I want us to leave but in all reality the only hope this monster has is if we continue give it heart attacks and make it look at itself in the mirror. :lol:

nb Some of these Tories are insane though and might still fuck it up.

Edited by Park Life

Mate I kind of understood and believed in the whole shabang till Greece happened. Then I saw it for what it was a banking cartel and a hostage currency.

I put aside all my worries about creeping Federalism (cause I know the Germans aren't evil)...The early ideas of the EU, the scope, the outreach, the getting money and opportunities out to the periphery....The social contract it was all good. I used to have a moan on here now and again about it as more and more legislation started piling up...All rubber stamped by bored and overpaid MEP's voting depending on which grouping the are in....Smaller and smaller debating times and the sneering disregard for national sovereignty when nations said no to treaties.

Ultimately we could have swallowed all of that in the name of co-operation and subsidiarity. But when they broke Greece it was unforgivable, I was with some Greeks in Berlin around that time and they literally wept when they talked about their homeland.

The EU crushed Greece because a few fucking banks wanted their money back and in the scheme of things its peanuts but the ECB wouldn't relent and Schauble (the one in the wheelchair was on German telly grinning). Even the IMF which is the mother of all evil wanted to cut a deal ffs!

It's a political project not a social project, its an impenetrable construct deliberately so that the higher ups don't have to answer to the people. But you know it could have worked if they had (and after Brexit they still might) become or at least offered to become more transparent, sensitive and flexible (I mean we're talking about the future of millions of people here).

America wants it because it wants an EU army to confront Russia (you see how its moved east as fast as it can and finally stopped at Ukraine), they also want it so they don't have to fanny around dealing with nation states - yeah get TTIP through in one quick go...

But it still fucking could have worked, it should have worked and it should have been a beacon to the world on how rich countries invest their surplus in the periphery and over time opportunities are there for everyone...But they haven't been...The German surplus goes to Wall street and they are ready to fuck countries over for pennies because the Corporate round table and the banks have taken it over. The EU could literally fund half of Europe forever without blinking, the ECB has access to financial instruments and money markets and could print bonds over any length of time if properly backed by some of the richest countries on the planet...But these cunts choose not to and for why...Short term greed and financial leverage over weaker states.

We won't be allowed to leave and it will be an EEA deal with some tweaks around free movement. Deep down I want us to leave but in all reality the only hope this monster has is if we continue give it heart attacks and make it look at itself in the mirror. :lol:

Enjoyable rant.

I thought the way they rubbed Greece's nose in the dirt meant they wouldn't be taking any prisoners in Brexit negotiations but Sapin breaking ranks was striking. It's in both sides' interests to change as little as possible.

One of the lads who works with us has married a lass from Argentina. She said she had to pay to use the NHS before she married.

It's not in the EU last time I checked. :lol:

In saying that I'm pretty sure there are thousands of stories of people using the NHS and fucking off without paying. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Good post that btw and I agree with a fair amount of it. I'm not at your level of disillusiment or cynicism but the failure of the EU to even talk about some of its obvious failings and it's expansionism into the East are matters of serious concern.

Which is demonstrably untrue by any metric and any study going tbh. And at least we don't believe in magic water which is one of your greatest contributions to medicine. :lol: There's a lot of things I'd swap between the UK and Germany for but I'd keep our health service over yours any day.

Health tourism isn't a massive concern to the NHS. It's also a very efficient system. Its just chronically underfunded.

Studies like this?

http://www.oecd.org/health/health-at-a-glance-19991312.htm

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-uk-now-has-one-of-the-worst-healthcare-systems-in-the-developed-world-according-to-oecd-report-a6721401.html

The British NHS is certainly a great institution and in principle a better and fairer system than our system of different health insurances. It probably just isn't looked well after.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/lord-heseltine-slams-boris-johnson-abandoning-army

Heseltine tearing Boris a new one. Cracking stuff. Cameron and Gove deserve the same treatment mind

He was asked about Gove as well but swerved it, also thought Cameron was a superb leader so that spoils his Johnson rant.

Studies like this?

http://www.oecd.org/health/health-at-a-glance-19991312.htm

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-uk-now-has-one-of-the-worst-healthcare-systems-in-the-developed-world-according-to-oecd-report-a6721401.html

The British NHS is certainly a great institution and in principle a better and fairer system than our system of different health insurances. It probably just isn't looked well after.

Admittedly the last OECD reports I read were from 5 years ago, so you've probably shown how much the NHS has suffered after being reorganised and run into the ground by the Tories. I'll need to look into this. But aye, the principal is sound and (was) efficient, but has been under invested.

Still, it'll be lush when we start building a new hospital a week.

I was at a trust leadership day with all of the 7s and 8s yesterday and there was a talk from the chief finance officer. He said that basically the NHS gets promised £5mil extra this year, but as the trust has already said it will try to save £2mil the government only hands over £3mil, telling us to keep the extra £2mil, which doesn't really exist anyway. Then next year they ask us to save £3mil, so only hand over £2mil, but it's all over the press that the trust has had a £5mil increase, and the tories love the NHS

There's a load of other shit about CQuin targets etc. Which is over my head but basically it's been driven into the ground

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard