Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

Beginning to think it was just a cheeky bid. No way Wenga is going to pay 20m!!! The latest comments about 15m upfront and the rest later is the clubs realisation that Wenga has lost interest/won't pay top dollar.

Wages etc, why pay him when we can offload him for 10 mil and at least get 5 mil in ashleys pocket. He's clearly not interested in playing for us anymore.

There's a line in the sand and going on strike is crossing it. Massively!

Pardew knows Cabaye will come back with his tail between his legs as it's a world cup year. So he's protecting him.

Personally I'd like the club to be upfront. If he is on strike I dont want him playing for us ever again. But selling him would be giving him what he wants, school yard tactic should be retuned in kind. Let him rot in the reserves.

Edited by Phil

Maybe Cabaye was made promises about the club improving it's playing staff and pushing on from 5th place. We didn't, and now this is the second summer we've only had 1 incoming.

We'll see what the craic was when the window closes, but I wouldn't put it beyond the club wrapping Cabaye in cotton wool for a potential transfer, then putting out stories about him not wanting him to play.

“I am very happy to be in Newcastle. It’s my first transfer and I am joining a big, legendary club,” he told The Journal.

“There was talk of Liverpool and Arsenal but Newcastle were the club who made the move for me and I really like Alan Pardew’s strategy and how he told me he wants to play.

“I heard of other interest but I didn’t hesitate for one second to join Newcastle because they have an ambitious project.”

To be fair to him he's been sold a pup.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but there's a right way to do it.. it's obvious the club were trying to flog him all summer as well so the truth probably sits half way between both sides.

He's taking a lot of flack though.. If the situation was different to what's reported surely his agent would come out and put the record straight?

I have it on good authority that he isn't refusing to play but is being prevented from playing to avoid an injury which could stop a deal. He's not allowed to talk about it publicly by contract.

Arsenal are giving Ashley etc a taste of their own medicine. Bids were put in for Gomis,Maiga and probably a few more and they wanted out, but then we never followed up our interest. Now Arsenal have done the same with us, but will no doubt actually follow through with their plans because they want to acheive something, unlike us.

I have it on good authority that he isn't refusing to play but is being prevented from playing to avoid an injury which could stop a deal. He's not allowed to talk about it publicly by contract.

It's always the players fault. Nolan still had two years on his contract but it was inferred he was being greedy as they desperately wanted him to sign up their new deal, Carrol was such a cunt he forcibly held Ashley to ransom by knifepoint and demanded a chopper so he could escape to Liverpool.

Carroll handed in a transfer request tbf.

He was probably advised to I'd guess. Once upon a time you'd lose loyalty bonuses for doing that, I reckon it's turned full cycle and it's a way for clubs to say 'his fault!' and the player keeps schtum and trousers the money for playing the game.

Arsenal are giving Ashley etc a taste of their own medicine. Bids were put in for Gomis,Maiga and probably a few more and they wanted out, but then we never followed up our interest. Now Arsenal have done the same with us, but will no doubt actually follow through with their plans because they want to acheive something, unlike us.

Can't remember the craic with Maiga, but Gomis is being forced out of the club by the owner.

Good point.

Can't remember the craic with Maiga, but Gomis is being forced out of the club by the owner.

We put a bid in for him below their estimation and made it publicly known that we had put the bid in. The player kicked up a stink and wanted the club to let him go, and went on strike. Then Sochaux never lowered their value and we never increased it. Gomis is only being forced out because he's had his head turned by us declaring our interest in him and putting a bid in for him, then Gomis wouldnt sign a new contract.

It's always the players fault. Nolan still had two years on his contract but it was inferred he was being greedy as they desperately wanted him to sign up their new deal, Carrol was such a cunt he forcibly held Ashley to ransom by knifepoint and demanded a chopper so he could escape to Liverpool.

Did the club blame the player in either of those deals?

Nolan wanted a long contract and the club wouldnt give him one. No-one really came out of that as greedy or desperate. It seemed like good business for all parties.

Like wise the Carroll transfer request was never worded to say Carroll pushed for a move (as you imply), but that he was happy to leave - i.e. not being forced out the door and all parties are happy with the deal. Pretty sure the wording was along the lines of "as soon as the club new he was happy to leave". There was certainly a high degree of arse covering by requesting Carroll hand in the request, but dont under estimate how big a deal it is for the player (close to a million in bonuses I reckon).

Did the club blame the player in either of those deals?

Nolan wanted a long contract and the club wouldnt give him one. No-one really came out of that as greedy or desperate. It seemed like good business for all parties.

Like wise the Carroll transfer request was never worded to say Carroll pushed for a move (as you imply), but that he was happy to leave - i.e. not being forced out the door and all parties are happy with the deal. Pretty sure the wording was along the lines of "as soon as the club new he was happy to leave". There was certainly a high degree of arse covering by requesting Carroll hand in the request, but dont under estimate how big a deal it is for the player (close to a million in bonuses I reckon).

He apparently poked his head round the corner brandishing his 65k a week offer from Liverpool.

Wenga won't go above a certain amount - probs 12m. I reckon it's dead in the water...

We put a bid in for him below their estimation and made it publicly known that we had put the bid in. The player kicked up a stink and wanted the club to let him go, and went on strike. Then Sochaux never lowered their value and we never increased it. Gomis is only being forced out because he's had his head turned by us declaring our interest in him and putting a bid in for him, then Gomis wouldnt sign a new contract.

Maiga agreed a deal with us, but failed a medical.