Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

I'd take another two crappy seasons of finishing 16th if it meant Ashley twatted off. And still be delighted about it.

My concern is that the last time we changed owner, we thought "anyone is better than Shepherd"...

Always a conspiracy :lol:

How is that a conspiracy?

Clearly the source is someone from the club. They're hardly going to invite the criticism that making him unavailable for selection would bring are they.

Seems in a hurry to balance the finances.

After which he might want profits :)

When the club borrowed money from him in the championship it was on the proviso that it was paid back within 3 years. It was a decision made long ago. That £25m to £30m will have been paid back by the end of this season. Then we'll see if he wants the other (pre-relegation) borrowing repaid.

But it was his fault that we got relegated in the first place.. So it should have been his burden to bare.

Love this myth of how he was the clubs savior after we went down.. He started the whole mess to begin with. And the club has to repay him??

There's loads of fuckers with no money who would love to buy us. I'd rather have Ashley than some wannabee with big plans but no cash.

The club made £70m at least from TV this year.

I don't mind supporting a shite Newcastle so long as we are trying to get better - trying to develop and realise ambitions.

It seems pointless when we aren't even trying to compete - at the moment it doesn't seem Ashley is even remotely bothered with staying in the division.

The fact that Arsenal's bid for Cabaye before the game "unsettled" him is, to me, insane. Are you serious? He couldn't play? This whole club is fraught with prima donnas and robber barons.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Fellaini and Baines had no problems playing this weekend of course.

Not every player is the same - and whilst I was disgusted by the fact Cabaye didn't play and the way the club couldn't work to resolve it could be linked to his personal issues in the past. So who knows how he was feeling?

We were getting humped either way.

Not every player is the same - and whilst I was disgusted by the fact Cabaye didn't play and the way the club couldn't work to resolve it could be linked to his personal issues in the past. So who knows how he was feeling?

We were getting humped either way.

Absolutely, we were getting humped either way and Pardew using it as an excuse is of course laughable. But that a professional footballer shouldn't play because a club has placed a bid on him is ludicrous.

Edited by hostile_statue

I'll look back with far more fondness of Kevin Nolan than I will on Cabaye when he saunters off, like........but........you just know he's played right into the clubs hands if he didn't want to play on monday, there'll be faux handwringing that the club desperately wanted to keep him but it'll be complete horse shit. It's always the players fault when a popular player leaves, 'he wanted away/more money' etc.

What happened to the days where you would play to impress other clubs so you could get a transfer.Nowadays you give any excuse not to play or even simply refuse to play in some cases .

I remember Dave Watson,ex-makem centre half in the 70s,saying he would rather pack-in football than play for them again.I suppose he had a point mind.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

I've never been in love with Cabaye, and I don't think he is anywhere near as good as he's made out. He's a decent midfielder with a degree of inconsistency, that is it. It really is. People band the phrase "world class" about too easily, no one ever said Rob Lee was world class but he was 10 times the player Cabaye is. His wife on twitter last year hoping for a move, his poor displays as captain. If we get £20m and use it wisely I'll actually be pleased.

Don't buy Kebab!

Yohan Kebab!

I just don't think you understand,

Cos if you buy Kebab,

Yohan Kebab!

You're gonna have a whinger on your hands!

Played right in the clubs hands he has, 'Not our our fault Guv, honest!'. :lol:

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Fellaini and Baines had no problems playing this weekend of course.

Who said they knew about the Man Utd bids before then?

Martinez did, but the club didn't reveal the the bids publicly till after their game. Nothing I've heard to suggest he told the players either.