Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

Club have been after this sale for fucking ages. We might have knocked back £10M in public but I bet we told them we'd keep him out while we negotiate. Roll over like a soft fucking puppy.

Why you happy about a bidding war for one of our best players, given that none of it will be invested in the squad?

To be fair...

Cisse £9m, Anita £7m, Mbiwa £7m, Debuchy £5m....

The proportion of it that is reinvested just won't be where/when it is critically needed :D

Yup I really thought we'd be incensed at the bid, reject it straight away and play the guy. I'd even gone as far ahead as imagining him score a 30 yard freekick and celebrate in front of the fans. :blush2:

Turns we WERE incensed at the bid, rejected it straight away and tucked him away nicely waiting for a bidding war to commence :lol:

I've heard that he told all of the players before the game that he wants go and they're all far from happy with him (which might actually hint that there's a togetherness in the players that so far we're not seeing).

I agree that it's a strange move not to play him last night unless it was his choice. It just makes our position weaker.

Can't blame him for wanting to be off tbh, he has far more chance to win something with any of the clubs he's linked with as well as staying in the French national side.

The lack of...anything shown in this window will have far more than just him wanting out, it's got plenty on here not wanting to bother with the club why expect different from players?

O and one for the prediction thread, if cabaye goes debuchy will be gone within an year

I know you lot scuttle around joyfully on the surface of things, but having analysed the deep game today, I don't think Cabaye will go to Arsenal.

Boom! ;)

Edited by Park Life

I don't understand the logic of withdrawing him from last night's match. Clear statement of intent from all concerned.

there's your answer. gemmill nailed it earlier - we're a selling club. everyone's for sale and we're up for making a profit on all our best players.

Or he threw a French strop and refused to play because we'd knocked back his dream move.

do you really see it that way? and that the club really want to hang on to him and not make £15m+ on his sale?