January 2013 transfers

sammynb

Aye I know the manager doesn't have a great deal to say in terms of transfers but for the amount Falcao will cost you would have thought they'd like the right one there.

RA would rather have the wrong player than the right manager imo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, they dont have manager, they have coach, who picks the players he's provided with by his bosses. A lot of clubs do this now. Including ourselves.

So theres a school of thought that Ba is being used as bait in a move for Falcao?...oh dear :lol:

Is there anythng concrete about PSG's interest?...

wheres anyone said that?

Not sure UEFA are that easily bribed when it comes to overlooking losses under FFP.

I wonder how much loss is acceptable? If they were to (say) sell Sturridge for £12m, maybe Ferreira and Mikel for a few Million each? Could they argue that a £32m loss is ok? Given their expected domestic and CL income?

Not sure UEFA are that easily bribed when it comes to overlooking losses under FFP.

Do you think FFP will be enforced? I had high hopes when UEFA were talking about how they were gonna take it seriously etc, but the way these clubs continue to spend, they must know they're gonna get away with it.

I wonder how much loss is acceptable? If they were to (say) sell Sturridge for £12m, maybe Ferreira and Mikel for a few Million each? Could they argue that a £32m loss is ok? Given their expected domestic and CL income?

I dont think the Ba deal will put them the wrong side of the calculations but FFP makes the issue of finance more than just dipping into Roman's stolen roubles.

I'm fairly sure I was reading a Remy interview not so long ago where he said he preffered the centre forward role to that of a winger - that would give us the same problem but wait and see. There will be tough competition for signing Remy too, Spurs etc etc

I'm fairly sure I was reading a Remy interview not so long ago where he said he preffered the centre forward role to that of a winger - that would give us the same problem but wait and see. There will be tough competition for signing Remy too, Spurs etc etc

it would depend on whether he and Cisse can play as a front 2 as well mind, Ba and Cisse have never quite gelled in that system.

England international Daniel Sturridge on moving to Liverpool from Chelsea: "I am humbled and happy to be here.

"Brendan Rodgers said he sees me here for a long time - and I also see myself here for a long time. I've not signed here to play for a couple of years and then move on.

"I've signed to be here for as long as possible. It's a humongous club - for me, one of the biggest in the world - and to have the fans and world-class players we have here is amazing."

usual transfer lip service.

don't see sturridge coming on that much without a pretty big attitude/philosophy change, he thinks hes too good.

usual transfer lip service.

don't see sturridge coming on that much without a pretty big attitude/philosophy change, he thinks hes too good.

Yup. He's not all that great, Chelsea fans I know say his attitude in training is shocking as well.

Would love to see us put a cheeky bid in for Lallana...

and Remy coming in would fill the Ba void nicely, especially now that there's an extra £7.5m to the transfer kitty...

:lol: