January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 goals in 24 :(

Doesn't mean he's not a good striker. Maybe he thrives on a long ball. Maybe he's not getting enough long balls pumped forward from the back in that fancy-dan-la-de-da French team.....

Doesn't he play wide a bit too? Stats can always mislead. Anyway, he'd have to be a fucking cart horse to be worse than our current options, shola and ranger. French internationals generally are good players

Edited by Dr Gloom

No idea.

Meaningless without knowing the full picture - where he was playing - on the wing or up front, how many assists etc etc.

I think he'd be a great addition if he can recapture the form that won him his hype.

Meaningless without knowing the full picture - where he was playing - on the wing or up front, how many assists etc etc.

I think he'd be a great addition if he can recapture the form that won him his hype.

This looks quite a decent stat site here???

Going off that he's started 2 games and played as a sub 12 times (i think) with 1 league goal. Got 12 last year.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/23054/

So he's got 3 goals & 2 assists in 7 starts with 12 substitute appearances averaging 2 shots a game.

(as a centre forward he's started 4, scoring 2, assisting 1)

Not that bad I suppose.

That's a pretty hellish site actually, tells you where he started from!

Where was he playing for those appearances? if it's a wide forward role, that's not bad at all. If it's through the centre for a struggling side it's not bad. etc.

fwiw I don't think we'll get Remy, but I do think we'll get someone.

Seems to be started as a CF in the europa league & he's started twice in the league once as a Winger, once attacking mid - just a bit deeper really - you'd have to watch the games.