January 2013 transfers

sammynb

Is he the Fritz with a yank old man..?....supposed to be a canny player...

His dad's a Scouser iirc. I know he supports Everton and because of that Holtby does too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His dad's a Scouser iirc. I know he supports Everton and because of that Holtby does too.

You're right, Mam is teutonic, Dad can't say that word.

I believe that we don't sing up one Striker... I think that we will sing up one player who plays a hand with goal (Remy or Odemwingie). In addition, Pardew said that SaAmeobi had played very good....

Cissé will be a center forward

The Marseilles president has said Remy can leave - obviously for the right money.

Just seen that. I guess it's us vs QPR...They can offer a lot more money but we can offer playing in front of 52 thousand and hopefully the pull of some of his international team mates.

QPR have been spending quite heavily since Fernandes took over, some of the wages are astronomical. I doubt we can compete with them in that regard - that said Harry Redknapp was moaning about the wages the other day.

That said you'd like to think Remy would choose us over a club that will most likely go down.

That said you'd like to think Remy would choose us over a club that will most likely go down.

We are also on our way down...we would be pretty much the same shit club to him, except we are the poorer one of the two.

+their manager is way better than ours.

Edited by Aeris

He'll go for the money, and they'll sell him on them trying to do a man city and slowly build a team of potential stars/experience "look we've Granero, M'bia, Julio Cesar"

I don't think they'll go down, i hate redknapp but he will get them better organised and they'll scrape staying up, and then the wheeler dealer envelope pusher will build on the squad during the summer.

I think it's a bit late in the game for QPR but then we'll have to see how they buy in January. The problem is they have a squad full of mercenaries & they don't seem to have any resilience.

I don't think QPR can afford to keep offering players high wages, They are still favourites to go down and the money they have spent on wages for the players they have is ridiculous and I believe they now see that.

I like to think Remy would chose us over QPR because of the players we have in our team and the fact we are still in europe. Also there were reports he had been speaking to Cabaye last week about Newcastle, not sure if there is much truth in that but you'd like to think the club would use fellow international players to help deals along.

City were a bit the same to start, throwing silly money at anything that moved, santa cruz and whoever else was about at that time.

bit of a take it on the chin way to get your squad built up, bring in mediocre mercs with a bit of a reputation to try entice longer term players in and then ship out the former ones after you do.

Good point actually, City like you said did it with Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge and the likes of Bellamy and that didn't get them anywhere fast at the start. Saying that there is one common theme there..... Mark Hughes. A manager who has had two fantastic opportunities which most managers would give anything for and he messed both up with poor over priced buys.

I hope we sign him but if he goes to QPR then his funeral. Surprised by Redknapp, given his comments about wasting money on transfers and wages I didn't expect him to go for a £10m unproven French striker.

I know nothing about him to be bothered if we don't get him. A lot of hype but also a lot about him being a confidence player who has had a few injuries.

We need someone that is for sure like.

Ello guvnah. Any new good rumors about? I mean solid ones...I'm getting a little antsy here in Canada waiting for some new blood to arrive, other than "Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side; pass the Dutchie on the left hand side"?

Ello guvnah. Any new good rumors about? I mean solid ones...I'm getting a little antsy here in Canada waiting for some new blood to arrive, other than "Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side; pass the Dutchie on the left hand side"?

The standard ones really. I wouldn't get too antsy, the likelihood is that by the time a reliable source turns up with a rumour we'll already have signed the lad, or quashed the rumour.

Focus on what is important.

Does your know-nothing-attitude have a replacement for a former topscorer by the name Demba Ba in mind?

You miss the point (yeah, Im shocked at that...). Of course we need a replacement and quick. But I'm not going to cry about it not being Remy when I have no idea of his quality. If we get him, great he could be excellent for us. But he could be a dud for all I know.

Schakle and Dortmund offering Remy less money than QPR (and apparently us??!!) but champions league football....cant find the link where I read it now mind...

Its on nufc.com...actuallly...

Edited by PaddockLad

aye this is the bit about Remy

Newcastle's hopes of replacing the departed Demba Ba with fellow French forward Loic Remy (pictured) are under threat, as other clubs look to hijack a transfer to Tyneside.

The player completed 120 minutes for his present club Marseille on Sunday as they beat Guingamp 2-1 in a French Cup tie, with QPR boss Harry Redknapp an interested observer in the stands at the Velodrome.

He was there to see the 26 year-old French international forward, who has now recovered fully from ankle and thigh injuries but scored just three times in 24 outings this season. Both goals came from another striker - Andre-Pierre Gignac - who isn't apparently for sale.

French TV reported post-match though that Remy had turned down an approach from QPR and that Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04 were now favourites to sign him. Neither West Ham or Newcastle were mentioned in connection with the player, but other reports in France claimed that NUFC club officials had travelled for talks.

While United may be able to offer a better financial terms than the Bundesliga duo, they both have the incentive of a place in the last 16 of the Champions League. As Remy has only represented Marseille in the Europa League so far this season, he would be eligible to play for either.