January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berlusconi & Allegri have been asked about Santon today - the former saying he'd be interested - the latter saying he shouldn't talk about other clubs players.

Abate seems to be off to Russia so if Milan come in for Santon - with him being a Milan fan - he'll be off.

The Spurs fan at the next desk has just informed me that Spurs will overcome the disappointment of Adbayor going to the ACN by DEFINETLY!! signing Wilfrid Zaha from Palace....

They've been linked with Belhanda today as well!

They'll need more than Belhanda....theyve only got Defoe...looking at it like that, they may have a bit more to come this season if they make the right signings...

Squillachi and Jourou available from the arse....are either of then conceivably better than Willo?....no?...thought not.....

Djorhou (sp?) has went on loan to Hannover.

hmm...see I think if we bought a centre back, we could get a lad like him in on loan as well, just for back up. We're criminally under manned for a premier league campaign.....a lot of folks predicted this at the end of the last window too...Ashley lost this turn of the wheel like...

I'm not sure they'll be spending that big - from what I can gather they are trying to sell players & bring replacements in cheap.

I think a lot of the Ibrahimovic/Silva money went to clearing debts. Like the Kaka money..

just over £5m,

AC don't have the money to bring people in, they sold their two best players just to try balance the books a bit pretty much. (nevermind the older lads leaving and cassano heading to inter etc)

Why they haven't let robhino feck off back to south america because they simply can't bring anyone in to replace him if he's off on loan there.

It was supposed to be a permanent transfer for Robinho but Milan wanted 9 million and Santos would only go up to 8m. (euros)

surprised they can afford that or his wages, remember last time he went back to santos before the world cup? they had to have 3rd parties chip in to pay his wages lol

Yeah it's fairly common for Brazilian teams to use third party help. Neymar is 'only' on 55 grand a week directly from Santos but it's supplemented by Nike among others which is presumably how they've managed to keep him so long. The problem for Brazilian clubs is, despite the growth of their economy and the popularity of their football, they're getting fucked over by debt combined with 10% + interest rates.

Wonder if Llorente will get a move somewhere in this window? Only got 6 months left to run on his contract.

(No way in hell we'd get him but all's gone quiet on the guy.)

must've been injured, went from the in form targetman to nothing recently, and only a couple of goals this season.

hes already agreed to go to Juve in summer, theyre trying to get a little cash to shuffle the move up to this window.

Bielsa has dropped him since he said he wouldnt sign and extension and would leave at the end of the 12/13 season