Swansea City V Newcastle Utd

Anorthernsoul

It's a game under his belt for Mbiwa, which is exactly what he needs. The midfield four + Sissoko were very cohesive today and looked well organised with Tiote sitting deeper.

Plenty to build on, but good things are on the horizon with this team.

Shit way to lose a match though...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a game under his belt for Mbiwa, which is exactly what he needs. The midfield four + Sissoko were very cohesive today and looked well organised with Tiote sitting deeper.

Plenty to build on, but good things are on the horizon with this team.

Shit way to lose a match though...

No, you're wrong. We were fucked by Routledge, (Aeris), and might well have won it had we put Marveaux on when we were getting on top of the game, (CT).

This is what happens when you don't take your chances. Gouffran and Cisse need to do much better and Sissoko and Cabaye just didn't have that slight bit of luck with their long shots. On the balance of the match a draw might have been fair but if anyone deserved to win it was us.

We started really poorly (after the first five) and didn't match their work rate. As soon as we started to their passing was easier to deal with and we dominated.

Thought the midfield was absolutely terrific today, back four outside of Santon was great. He was at fault for the entire first half letting players get behind him and at this point I'd be happy to see someone take him off for 10 mil +.

Cisse again wasn't great. Still wandering 9/10 into an offside position which makes him an impossible target, even on crosses. I don't understand. Held the ball up decently well at times but if that's the standard then Ameobi is Messi.

Outside of Cisse and Santon the only other poor performance was from Alan Pardew. Terrible match management. Around 65 it was obviously they were being dominated and couldn't handle runs from deep. That was the time to bring on Marveux for Jonas and Ameobi for the faltering Cisse. He sat on his hands and it showed.

Going to move on quickly from this one myself. No looking at the league table, no MOTD, no thinking about what could have been. It'll just wind me up and I'd rather enjoy the remainder of my weekend.

Think I'll use the old cliches "it's just one of those days", and "it is what it is".

Another heartbreaker.

Unbelievable sloppy goal with 5 minutes to go.

Cisse & Gouffran missing brilliant match-winning chances.

First half performence deserved nowt.

Second half performence deserved a draw.

Elliot made some good saves but he was a bit sloppy too, his kicking was awful.

No question we have the nucleous of a good team but they need to start gelling.

Going to move on quickly from this one myself. No looking at the league table, no MOTD, no thinking about what could have been. It'll just wind me up and I'd rather enjoy the remainder of my weekend.

Think I'll use the old cliches "it's just one of those days", and "it is what it is".

This.

Not sure about Colin's reckoning of Pardew, especially when i thought we dominated them second half, honestly thought that we would get one and see the game out. If Cabaye's strike had gone in rather than cannon back off the bar we may well have been celebrating 3 points, and nobody would have criticised our second half performance at all. Guess these are the margins that separate winning and losing in some games.

I'm sure we'll get the momentum started again in the next few games and leave the mackems/teams around us behind.

Also, Sammy notched for Boro, mixed fellings about THAT, but chuffed for the lad.

Not sure about Colin's reckoning of Pardew, especially when i thought we dominated them second half, honestly thought that we would get one and see the game out. If Cabaye's strike had gone in rather than cannon back off the bar we may well have been celebrating 3 points, and nobody would have criticised our second half performance at all. Guess these are the margins that separate winning and losing in some games.

I'm sure we'll get the momentum started again in the next few games and leave the mackems/teams around us behind.

Also, Sammy notched for Boro, mixed fellings about THAT, but chuffed for the lad.

For the record, I've rarely been critical of Pardew over the course of the season. I still am behind him, I just really think the game was there for the taking today and he didn't take a chance on it. Obviously if we finshed our chances it is a different story, but Cisse's movement and finishing wasn't good enough for me and Ameobi having Gouffran, Sissoko and Marvuex running off him could have caused real havoc. Instead I think Pardew stuck to plan A, and we didn't create the chances our domination deserved.

For the record, I've rarely been critical of Pardew over the course of the season. I still am behind him, I just really think the game was there for the taking today and he didn't take a chance on it. Obviously if we finshed our chances it is a different story, but Cisse's movement and finishing wasn't good enough for me and Ameobi having Gouffran, Sissoko and Marvuex running off him could have caused real havoc. Instead I think Pardew stuck to plan A, and we didn't create the chances our domination deserved.

Spot on.