Mike Ashley -- Football Cunt

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think this is a knee jerk to a poor result at home to a weak side but I feel like Ashley has finally pushed firmly down on the pillow and suffocated this club this season after a decade of hol

Fuck off

The phone saying “what’s up long pins can’t wait to feel ur unreal body”

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Have the club said anything on the matter?

By all reports they confirmed to the Chronicle that the discussions were genuine and ongoing. They also confirmed that Lee Ryder is a bell end.

• Haha 1

This from N.O. 

There's no doubt that Sheikh Khaled is part of the Emirati elite, as several people have already stated he's a distant cousin to Mansoor. You can access all the relevant press releases related to the family on their official news portal: http://wam.ae/en

It's just that he's considered relatively, for lack of a better word, insignificant in terms of actual wealth and influence in the region. This is underscored by the fact that he's consigned to dogsbody roles such as the head of the 'Board of Directors of Zayed Higher Organisation for Humanitarian Care and Special Needs', basically the kind of dead-end positions that the family would throw to a pitiful hanger-on out of benevolence.

I posted yesterday to be wary, it's because the guy hasn't been very successful growing his businesses in the UAE, he owns a middling insurance firm and some property assets. However, he has a flair for publicity as evidenced by this partnership (https://www.zawya.com/mena/en/press-releases/story/GCOX_signs_MOU_with_His_Highness_Sheikh_Khaled_Bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan_to_expand_global_celebrity_token_footprint_to_the_Middle_East-ZAWYA20180502104648/) with a celebrity Blockchain company (which counts Michael Owen among its advisors  ) last year.  

My biggest doubt relates to him having access to sufficient funds to clinch this deal. I hope I am wrong and this goes through, as even if the guy isn't very rich, he'd definitely be more motivated and interested than Ashley to run the club properly so that it's self-sustaining.

You’d think if Ashley has been so messed around by the likes of Staveley like he claimed then he would make sure any possible buyer would prove they had the funds in the initial stage of talks before he went ahead and confirmed they were working on a deal to the national press.. but what the fuck do I know 

3 minutes ago, 247 said:

You’d think if Ashley has been so messed around by the likes of Staveley like he claimed then he would make sure any possible buyer would prove they had the funds in the initial stage of talks before he went ahead and confirmed they were working on a deal to the national press.. but what the fuck do I know 

You’d think Ashley wouldn’t apply odd tactics when it comes to “selling” the club. He’s probably making Rafa to sign a deal and then to announce a sale hasn’t worked out and the manager has to make do with the pennies generated by him.

23 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

You’d think Ashley wouldn’t apply odd tactics when it comes to “selling” the club. He’s probably making Rafa to sign a deal and then to announce a sale hasn’t worked out and the manager has to make do with the pennies generated by him.

That’s the thing.. these type of tactics are 100% a standard Ashley play as we’ve seen before. But maybe I’m just being overly cynical and untrustworthy again :lol:

Something just seems off about it like, hope I’m wrong 

1 minute ago, 247 said:

That’s the thing.. these type of tactics are 100% a standard Ashley play as we’ve seen before. But maybe I’m just being overly cynical and untrustworthy again :lol:

Something just seems off about it like, hope I’m wrong 

Charnley "Rafa if you just sign this forget about the small print Mike's got  a buyer for the club hes loaded"

Rafa " Ok you sure about this"

Charnley  "Yeah just sign it's for 10 years like you wanted"

A few days later

Charnley " Rafa I dont know how to tell you this the deals fell through.

Rafa "But you said"

Charnley "Never mind you've got your 10 year contract & btw Mike says theres no money again"

Can't disagree with the comments above. Let's see what comes out in the wash.. but surely an elaborate scam for Ashley to get a sheikh to publish in his own media he is buying the club etc and damage whatever rep. he has in his country.

Edited by zerosum

It's not beyond possibility that the Sheihk's interest is genuine and that Ashley has opportunistically seized on it with no intention of seeing it through, but honestly this one seems to have more fanfare than any of the previous ones and the whole media lit up with it.